Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHEN YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A FANTASY

Default WHEN YOU KNOW IT'S JUST A FANTASY

OK, we all love them we all have our different favourites and issues with them but I am one of those people who get so involved I think I am in it until one of those moments come when it's hits you hard that it's not just a game it's a fantasy.

Obviously it is all a fantasy, we're not going to be sitting in front of the TV one day shouting at one of the characters dumbass' becuase they've missed a boss and then suddenly we look out of the window by instinct and there's Sin on his way ready to exterminate your town with his spawn.

What I mean though is you get to a point in each game and you think "yeah ok... whatever".

E.G.....

FFVII - Two gorgeous girls in love with the same dweeb who has the same exciting conversation as a spud.
    FFVIII - Oh you all knew each other years ago... oh right... and how is it you didn't remember? THE GUARDIANS FORCES! Of course how silly of me to not figure that one out on my own. AND Yeah ok headmaster Cid yeah you got Edea to agree to marry you without drugging her... sure thing.
    FFIX - Zidane is from a different world and Kuja is his brother. But wait what about Kuja's tail, oh he tucks under his dress does he. Oh I see know... again how silly of me? And Garnet isn't really Brahne's daughter - shocking!
    FFX - Seymour - is it me or is he the love child of Sephiroth and his wife Kuja?
    FFX-2 - Yeah like a moron like Wakka could Lulu. Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Sin?

Another thing why is it in every game when they go to a place where it's so cold it could freeze the balls off a brass monkey the characters don't look that cold. Look at Rikku in Mount Gagazet - do they make her take her bra off inside so she'll feel the benefit when she gets outside?

Aaahhh... I needed that....
    Last edited by Y-Rikku-P; 04-14-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Y-Rikku-P
    FFXII - Yeah like a moron like Wakka could Lulu. Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Spira?
    I think you mean FFX-2, and Vegnagun wasn't used to destroy Spira because... nobody really WANTED Spira destroyed perhaps? And it was hidden away in case anyone DID want to. And it never existed in the original FFX's plot, if you're asking why it wasn't used/brought up in the first game.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

VII - Oh yeah, Cloud's hair really makes a lot of sense like that. And I'm sure he can TOTALLY lift that sword.

Or...

Wow, the solar system just regenerated itself....

VIII - Yeah, I'm sure Rinoa is totally in love with Squall. I mean he's been SUCH a good guy to her and says and does nice things all the time. He's TOTALLY a smooth ladies man.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually I thought the 'omp garnet isn't brahne's daughter!' to be more plausible than Garnet actually being her daughter.

I mean. LOOK at them.

sheesh.]

*twitches*

Squall was kind of an asshole in the first half or so... Though she did like Seifer, and he's not much better. Typical woman. Don't even bother with the nice guys. Assholes are just your type.

Though for the love-triangle in FF7, they at least had a reason to like Cloud. An impressed childhood friend (like he wanted in the first place), and oh... he seems like my (ex-)boyfriend. I like how they did it too. They weren't pulling at each other's hair. They all three tried to be friends with each other and just let it go naturally. For the stress that COULD have been, it was a very nice atmosphere. Though maybe that's the unrealistic part. I think I'd prefer to be in that situation though than having chicks fighting, especially over me.

I've never been a big fan of Lulu and don't see what everyone thinks is so bombtastic about her, but I can see how she'd be seen as "better" than Wakka. And I agree that is pretty ... unrealistic. Though I guess gothy girls have noticably different tastes in men than your average woman, so it is plausible at least.

As for the thing in X-2 I agree. You can't just suddenly throw in a plot device like that. Not in a sequal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Camanche
    Feel better?
    I do feel better actually. There is a strange comfort in knowing that there are people out there who, like me, have their cynical, condescending and criticising moments, even if we are a minority.

4-You mean to tell me that Cecil, Golbez, and FuSoYa are all related? And, one better, they come from the moon? It's obvious that it's fantasy when the only way to get to the moon is by whale, and lost relatives await there.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Wow, the solar system just regenerated itself....
    Jenova illusions etc.
    FFVII - Two gorgeous girls in love with the same dweeb who has the same exciting conversation as a spud.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    VIII - Yeah, I'm sure Rinoa is totally in love with Squall. I mean he's been SUCH a good guy to her and says and does nice things all the time. He's TOTALLY a smooth ladies man.
    Happens all the time, I'm afraid.

You killed my jokes.....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

use a phoenix down lol

Cait Sith coming back after the whole Temple of the ancients- I knew it was too good to be true! Why!? Why did he have to come back!?!? *cries*

No, stupid. You can't use Pheonix Down on a dead joke! That only works if it dies in battle!

I love it in FF3j when that freakin' huge city rises up from the ocean and, not only is everyone still alive, they don't care?
    Anyone can rule the world if they give it the ol' college try.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh so Vegnagun is so powerful a weapon if it was used to do so it could destroy Spira - well why wasn't it used to kill Sin?
    Vegnagun was too dangerous. It reacted to anger and hostility, lashing out at whatever was being aggressive around it.
    Problem is, it just couldn't distinguish friend from foe. A basic design flaw, one that's mentioned in the game.

If they'd tried to use Vegnagun against Sin, Vegnagun would've attacked both Sin and the people running scared from Sin. In the meantime, while Vegnagun was being all dramatic and charging up its Big Extendy Cannon of Doom, Sin would've shot it full of holes, just like it did with the machina cannon during Operation Mi'ihen.

BUT Seymour was Maester of Bevelle, he would have known about it - he was insane - why didn't he use it???