Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i get it?

Should i get it?

Should i get this game? I don't have a Gamecube! But i could buy one for £70! I have £70! What is the game like? Does it ever end?

These questions might sound wierd but i would like to know?

Thnx!

fahadalhasan
    Hey! Hi! Yo! Go to my website:

Tarnished-Memories

Lovin' Square!

Personally I hated it. I should probably give it another try seeing as it's been quite a few months just to verify that opinion. It seemed really bland. It's hard to call it a hack'n'slash or dungeon crawler, as there's really not much to do. Go beat a boss, get some crystal drop things and lather rinse repeat. The combat is so basic, you just have one 3-strike combo thing that's hardly even a combo. Maybe my character just sucked but her swings were really slow. I remember getting stuck too easily too... There were never any clear indications of where to go or what to do next. And they make you watch cut-scenes over and over again on the world map thing even if you've already seen them... though I've heard the game is lots of fun if you have friends and everyone has a GBA with a link cable.

*yawn* hmmm

okay, i think i'll wait for the other replies first! Anyway i'll just keep playing:

Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Kingdom Hearts
    Start Ocean: Till The End of Time

All made by square!

Tarnished-Memories

Lovin' Square!

You don't have to just got on my review. I hear it's coming to DS, and I hear a lot of people are looking forward to it. So there's gotta be something good about it that people liked. I'm just really picky or something. Too high of expectations maybe. Read some reviews or something. It might be for you. I just know it wasn't for me.

Are you going to be playing alone or with friends? I've heard that it's good with friends but I personally disliked it when I was playing the single player mode. With two Cure materia to make Curaga, a Selkie with a ranged Focus attack and up to date equipment, the game's just super easy, repetitive and boring. The end of year recaps don't help those last two promblems either. Basicly, the single player mode is a watered down Legend of Zelda game. Not like I dislike the LoZ games, just that this is a lesser version of the same thing. Sure, it can be fun at times, especially when you don't want to think very much but otherwise, but normally it's not too hot.

*Snip*
    Last edited by Tonepoet; 04-10-2005 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Ah, that makes more sense Rase. I must've read by that part a tad bit too fast. Thanks.
    Look, I'm a strange person. When I was younger, nothing used to make me laugh any harder then when somebody made fun of me. Unfortunatly for me, my mockers looked at me strangely and stopped when I did this. Go figure.

I think he meant he could get a GCN for £70.

Anyway, with friends, it's an enjoyable, fun game. Single player, eh, not so much, in my opinion.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

*yawn* KK

Now i see y people hated is so much! Thnx ill think about it! =)

Anway if it continues, on and on, then i won't buy it!

Tarnished-Memories

Lovin' Square!

My advice- buy it if you have friends who can play it with you. It can be great fun with 3 or 4 people, especially when things get all hectic. However, with 1 person or even 2 people the game loses its appeal. We finished it with 3 and it was a good laugh. We made up most of the events that made us laugh (our yuke trying to hit on my clavat's mother! Stay away you gangly freak!)

Ahem- yes its fun with friends, but dont play it solo.

I just got the game myself, am on year 2 as of 20 min ago. I play single player however, but I do find the game amazing. It encompasses an environment that rings of enchantment from FF9 but just as down to earth as FF7. The musical score is a definite plus (it competes with my favorite game in the serie's music, see if you can't guess which ), in fact so much of a plus when I find the sound track, its going to get scarfed :-D. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of plot development but I read that the back story is really the one I should be paying attention to. The gameplay seems just like that of Phantasy Star Online and it's a little hard to get used to for all the ATB fans out there, but I think its a step in the right direction. Real time battles really set this Final Fantasy apart from others and make it infinitly more interesting and more open to develop your own techniques to counter enemys other than picking Parry from a menu. All in all, I would definatly say it's worth a buy. If anything, snag a used copy, Gamecube games are usually much cheaper than others and a used FF:CC can run you about 17 dollars, so even if you don't enjoy it, you won't be out much money at all. If you do, however, thats 17 dollars definatly well invested : )

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its alright. Its a decent game. I would give it a 7...

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    Its alright. Its a decent game. I would give it a 7...
    i second that
    here here :strut: :meditate: :bigbiggri

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<== Hippi... (joke)

If you have several friends with GBAs and link cables, then go for it.

The single player mode... I had fun with it. Moreso than the average person, I think. The average response seems to be "The single player mode isn't mind-blowingly awesome, but it's enjoyable."

Should you get a GCN just for this game? Probably not. You should get a GCN for all the other spiffy games, with CC as a tasty side dish.

Im also thinking of getting it but do you need a GBA to play it?

The GBA is optional in 1-player mode.