Thread: I'm in computer hell @_@

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default I'm in computer hell @_@

I'm having a 'Graphic Device Driver" issue with my computer keeping me from playing FFXI ; ;. every time I try to access FFXI, my computer crashes and I get a "Your computer recovered from a major error" message. SO, I resinstalled ATI Radeon, made the computer crash 5-6 times in a row @_@; so now I'm thinking of reformatting the computer but I have no clue how to do that >.> and some guy at compupro wants to charge me 50 bucks for something I know is rather simple. And... he can't do it until Tuesday ; ; I can't stay that long away from FFXI ; ;. So computer Gurus, tell me what to do as I back up my vital files...
    Too big.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you try just upgrading your drivers off ATI's website?

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva
    I'm having a 'Graphic Device Driver" issue with my computer keeping me from playing FFXI ; ;. every time I try to access FFXI, my computer crashes and I get a "Your computer recovered from a major error" message. SO, I resinstalled ATI Radeon, made the computer crash 5-6 times in a row @_@; so now I'm thinking of reformatting the computer but I have no clue how to do that >.> and some guy at compupro wants to charge me 50 bucks for something I know is rather simple. And... he can't do it until Tuesday ; ; I can't stay that long away from FFXI ; ;. So computer Gurus, tell me what to do as I back up my vital files...
    That happens when I play The Sims on my computer, I dunno why though and how to fix it. :/

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd suggest trying to download the drivers like Hsu mentioned. If that doesn't work, email ATI and tell them what your error message is--it may be something they're familiar with. If that doesn't work, I don't know what you could do to fix the problem, but I'm sure there's something short of completely reformatting your computer that'll fix it.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Also check to see if there are any patches for FFXI.

Also open the case and make sure the card is firmly in its slot