Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tekken VS Soul calibur

well it would be tekken is a hole lot better and all there games are good and they are coming out with a new one call tekken 5 people said its a cool game and I belive them because all there games were great and why not this one.

Cloud is the man for the job.

Blog Entries

Tekken 5 is already out, slowpoke. *

I love both, Tekken a little less, it's just so damn easy to get frickin' good at it. Process of getting good at arcade Tekken (so you can match it with Shihans and what not):

- TekkenZaibatsu.com (or whatever combo movie site you can find)
    - Pick a character. Hopefully not someone to damn overused like Steve and not someone no-one uses like, I dunno, Kuma.
    - Download all the combo movies for that character and copy the moves.
    - About a month of 'timing' training, so you know when to use your kick-ass combo. (I'm at this phase now: Xiaoyu)

Tekken also has a boring, generic storyline. It's only about the millionth fighting game to use a 'tournament' type plot. I do like the Devil Gene thing but every single other non-Mishima character has a stupid story. Ling Xiaoyu's Tekken 5 storyline involves a time machine. TIME MACHINE! .

The characters is Tekken were interesting and fun to use once upon a time. Now the game has become more like KOF in that they're just throwing in anybody they can think of without putting much thought into it.

Soul Calibur on the other hand, particularly 2, is one of the hardest fighting games I've ever played. The movelist is huge compared to most other games due to the 8-way run system which allows you to use a different move depending on whether you're moving up, down, away, toward or at a diagonal. It's the ONLY game I can think of that incorporates complete 3D movement (most other 3Ds have sidestep up and down but not free diagonal movement) The game doesn't rely on juggle system to deal damage and is about consistant play and using mind tricks and cancels to psyche out an opponent.

Story for most characters is good. All having a different reason to want the Soul Edge, destroy it, acquire it's power.

Weapons dudes! I've heard people describe this game as Tekken with swords, and I thought so too until I started playing it seriously. The style of play is actually much different. A guard button for instance, instead of pulling back. Horizontal, vertical and kick instead of left punch, right punch, left kick and right kick.

I could keep going. I don't rant very often...but I won't. Soul Calibur pwns all.

---
    * Unless you're not an arcade player, in which case, I don't count you as someone that actually PLAYS fighting games.