Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazifying Adlai Stevenson's Stats

In the interest of presenting a complete set of facts I will also mention that Otik2 changed his version of events a number of times. He seemed annoyed by my questions and by this website.

According to an active member of the FF3 community at the time the rumor first surfaced: "... I went by Purgatory for a bit on a few FF boards, but Spatvark's the nick I use everywhere, including FFO, though that wasn't where I first heard the rumour. That was on Eyes on Final Fantasy, from one of two fellows: BOU (Big Ogre Umaro) or Kawaii Ryûkishii, neither of whom I think are Claudius Aquilla."

Food for thought.
    neat
    http://www26.brinkster.com/webgraphics2004/

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked having someone else who could steal.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That's why I always save two of that weapon that let you steal when equiped. *Don't remember name*

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like that Spatvark is quoted on the guys debunking page.

Post doesn't look right to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Just thought I would point something out, that site is very hard to use as a creadable source when trying to disproove the adlai/gogo myth. seeing how almost every single quote that's used to promote the myth, was never fully disprooved by the author of the site.

here are the quote numbers and the author's and assumed myth creator's paraphrased answers for those we don't want to read the entire page.

1. The author of the site even admited that he only skimmed his source for this quote, though its possible that he could of found it this way. Its not very professional to admit you didn't do your best.
    2. The author says he wasn't able to do anything with this quote, because it didn't have any specific dates or names to it. He just assumes its too hard for a 15 year old to find something like this.
    3. The author says that this quote wasn't found in a book about Stevenson, but the assumed creator of the myth says that the date the author used for the quote was off by two years.
    4. This is the only quote that was generally proved to most likely be false. In my personal opinion it doesn't go as far to prove the myth as some of the others do though.
    5. Though the author of the site couldn't find this one in his sources, the assumed creator of the myth says that he found it in a completly different book that the author didn't look into.
    6. Though the quote is false, the important aspects of the quote "the egg comment" was shown to be true in a similar situation, which the author did find.
    7. This quote is true everyone will agree, though it is the biggest coincidence of all of them.
    8. This quote, and the last of them...is 100% true.

Now I'm not saying that this is undeniable proof about the adlai/gogo myth. I'm just saying that, this site did a poor job of trying to disprove the myth.

anyways the way I see it is, the quotes when you look at them in conclusion.

3 true (I considered the egg comment true, cause though the quote was wrong, the point of the quote being used in the myth was validated)
    1 false
    4 suspect

Good enough to keep the myth going in my opinion, to any of you sad people like myself who want to get to the bottom of this entertaining and amusing myth, happy hunting. To those we just want to sit back and watch, grab some popcorn or candy, and enjoy the show.

-Sises

The myth is worth keeping going for the lulz even if all the quotes are completely fabricated. However, those quotes are notable enough that they would show up all over the place on Google if they were real, and the only place I was able to find them was in conjunction with the Gogo=Adlai rumor.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's interesting, Sises, but please do not revive dead threads.

One reason we do not revive dead threads is because some people who posted in it are now no longer around to answer anyone who might be responding to their original posts. Such as Destai, who has been banned and so cannot possibly post a reply to your response to his original post.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles