Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazifying Adlai Stevenson's Stats

Default Crazifying Adlai Stevenson's Stats

So Adlai can do just about anything. But it can't really do anything all that well, simply because it's stats suck, and it can't equip Espers for crazy stat boosts. Are there any other ways? Can I give him Merit Award and have him equip crazy stuff?

For those who aren't aware, there are those who think Gogo = Adlai Stevenson, a former American presidential candidate. Other theories, which don't immediately disprove themselves*, suggest that Gogo is actually Daryl, Emperor Gestahl, or even General Leo. I can't possibly give any credence to the Leo theory, and Gestahl is very unlikely at best. Daryl is a possibility, but there is of course no way to confirm it.

Gogo can do virtually anything, but he/she is not going to do it as well as the original character. His/her main purpose, then, is to have a replicate of an ability set that you find particularly useful or enjoyable. Also, if playing a no-Esper challenge game, I suppose it could help to pool both Terra's and Celes' magic. Maybe.

*I can't wait to see the response I get from the Adlai theory proponents.

The most common theory I've heard on Gogo is that he's Shadow's old partner. But all the theories I've heard don't really have much evidence.

Yeah, Gogo can do about anything, but he sucks with stats, and everything he does is weaker. I don't use him very much, but he comes in handy when you need a duplicate ability.

Yes, Baram is also a Gogo candidate. And certainly more likely than Leo or Gestahl.

You know, surprisingly enough, I've heard of this rumor before.

Anyway, "Adlai" can be tricked out with the Merit Award yes. You can make a Wind God Gau, er, um, uh, Gogo er Adlai, whomever it is with rage and a Temptest and the defensive equipment he'll yield will be far better then the Ninja Gear he'd have yielded before. However, I prefer to make use of his abilities by just putting all of my favorite abilities on him. Fight with a Heal Rod, Blitz and Lore can do wonders for him by giving you many differnt choices. Pearl Wind, Big Gaurd, Bum Rush, Grand Train, a nice little bit of free rod induced healing can do and a few other tricks can do wonders for the guy. Or a change of pace, try out throw for a second Imp Halberd tosser and he'll do tons of damage. He also does wonders at the colloseum because he can be customized to do exactly what you wish him to do if you so please.

Those are but just a fraction of what he can do though. There are literally hundereds of combinations you can use with Gogo and that's his great strength. Try some combinations out and see what you like.
    Look, I'm a strange person. When I was younger, nothing used to make me laugh any harder then when somebody made fun of me. Unfortunatly for me, my mockers looked at me strangely and stopped when I did this. Go figure.

Gogo is one of my favorite characters because he has the magics of all of the combined members, and he can do anything else too.
    Sigless

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Me too, I love having Gogo in my party. His ability to mimic magic for free is invaluable. I would keep him in the party even if all he could do was mimic, but being able to equip him with any ability is icing on the cake. Also, the outfit is awesome.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Chainsaw and Bum Rush will always rock, even if they're coming from a character as weak as Gogo.

Blog Entries

Gogo isn't very useful.

Plus it's such an... well, it is an original character, but I never found the "Mimic Bahamut repeatedly" tactic to be all that much fun.

It's cooler to develop combinations with the unique characters than it is to repeat the same damn thing over and over again.

I hate mimics.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Chainsaw and Bum Rush will always rock, even if they're coming from a character as weak as Gogo.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Try casting a double Ultima spell with a Gem Box an mimic it with Gogo and then tell me he's not useful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Werecanary
    Try casting a double Ultima spell with a Gem Box an mimic it with Gogo and then tell me he's not useful.
    Okay, so Gogo can be very useful.

I'm just sayin' that I like a character better than a tool.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Werecanary
    Throw in an Economizer. Rinse and repeat pwnd
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

He's useful, sure, but isn't having a couple people cast Ultima over and over again just a little...cheap?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You mean people doubt the validity of gogo=adlai stevenson:?

Those people have not LIVED.

I sorta liked gogo. he was sorta cute,a nd I"m sure I used him at some point.