Thread: Dark Knight Cecil

Default Dark Knight Cecil

Does anyone have any tips on how to defeat cecil on mount ordeals when becoming Paladin?
    Our hearts should always be connected forever.......... Yuna FFX-2

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You arent supposed to fight back. So dont attack, and eventually the battle will end and you'll win.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

A true paladin will sheathe his sword, d00d.

I remember when I was 11 day dreaming in class trying to figure out what "Sheathe" meant. I was stuck on that part for ages.
    I think you have to go into your items during the battle and unequip your sword but its been ages since I played that part so Im not definite.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No, you dont have to unequip anything. You just have to stand there while the Dark Knight wails on you.

I didn't know that you weren't supposed to fight it! I just fought and eventually I killed it (I think...he just kind of disappeared eventually after I hit him). Just heal yourself whenever you get down to about 300 HP.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It has 4520 HP. Considering Scarmiglionë had 3523 HP in his second form, and you're fighting with just crappy Dark Knight Cecil, winning that fight with force is quite a feat.

It's funny, really, because the other fights in the game that you're not supposed to win are prettymuch fixed against you unless you're at Level 99 or thereabouts. When you fight Cain at Fabul, he has 65,000 HP, etc.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

And it doesnt make a damn bit of difference if you win the ones you're supposed to lose, either. Same thing happens, just as if you'd lost.

It's kinda fun xD

Ah! I have some trivia on that Dark Knight... I wanted to double-check Kawaii Ryűkishi's 4520HP, and I found some interresting things...

First of all, I have no idea of the Dark Knight's stats in the Chronicles version of FF4. The 4520HP is very possible in FF4C, although I cannot verify that.

In the Easytype, ans FF2 (US), the Dark Knight has 60,000HP, 3,750MP, level 1, Offensive: 1x18/75%, Defensive: 0x0/0%, MagDef: 0x0/0%, and has an agility bonus of 5.

In the real FF4 (SNES), it has 672HP, 42MP, level 96, Offensive: 1x18/75%, Defensive: 1x18/75%, MagDef: 5x56/70%, an agility bonus from 106 to 111, and also has 25% chances of dropping a Potion or a HiPotion...

That's two very different DKs... Looks like you can actually beat the FF4 DK, albeit with a lot of work (the DK's very fast, and you have to cure and find some free time to attack... ow...). Shouldn't change the outcome anyway.

TheAbominatrix: I don't think its fun... I long for a cheat-friendly game which would have scenarios even if that scenario can only happen when cheating... Now *that* would be fun .

I kinda hope nobody hate it when I give that kind of info in a forum... anyway, have a nice day!
    Zyrthofar's FF4 Hacking Zone

Flaming is not tolerated here. -- foa
    Last edited by fire_of_avalon; 04-12-2005 at 02:55 AM. Reason: flaming

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan
    *snip*
    Uh, not to be mean, but that was mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    A true paladin will sheathe his sword, d00d.
    ...And that's not a metaphor for sex, either...

Yeah, you either just stand there, or defend, or change rows back and forth, but don't hit him. If you hit him, unless you can kill him, he'll keep attacking you. If you don't, you don't even have to heal, you'll "prove yourself" before he kills you.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-03-2005 at 06:54 PM.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Be a pussy and dun fight. Everyone prefer pussies nowadays.