Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Revelations upon Forum Policy

Sasquatch, why don't you quit splitting hairs about it? Because it's really annoying and not productive. Disrespect for the dead is disrepsect for the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    If GWB dies from choking on a pretzel this coming Super Bowl I will test it out on him.
    It won't be a pretzel, it'll be another stab at popping a wheelie on his tricycle after one too many grams of coke.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    If Brandon Vega died years ago, why would somebody even make the connection between him and the Pope?
    Wow, buddy.

The connection made was between Hunter S. Thompson and the Pope. And because Hunter S. Thompson and Brandon Vega are two totally different people who had nothing to do with each other, no one could have possibly guessed, "Wait, are you actually talking about that kid from that chat room who overdosed a couple years back? Because people confuse that kid with Hunter S. Thompson all the time."

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

every time the name Vega occurs in this thread i think of john travolta

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Banned

After being so sick for the last couple days that I barely even looked at these forums for all the wheezing, coughing and hacking up gobs of phlegm that looked like... well, I'd ban me if I actually described what they looked like on this forum... I'd end up running multiple pages to reply to every comment made, so I'll keep it light.

Now this is different. That's a thread title; it's supposed to convey the entire purpose behind the thread.
    So a statement can be offensive if it's in the title of the message but not if it's in the thread? Would now be the proper time to note the "The I Hate Ann Coulter Thread" or would it matter?

It expresses an opinion as though it is fact.
    Am I supposed to express my opinions as if they were a crock and I didn't want anyone to agree with me?

It also fails to consider that there had been several threads made mourning his death, which pretty strongly suggests that a lot of people here cared about the guy and would obviously be upset by such a statement.
    And likewise, I assume that no one cares about the President, or perhaps has a mother who's a 'soccer mom', or supports the Minutemen, or citizens of the United States who support their country, for that matter?

If that's all you've got for a defense, then...

Again, as was pointed out, he was banned before he got the chance to change it. I don't know what all he was banned from, so I can't tell you if he could or why he didn't point it out to somebody, but chances are he probably wouldn't have been able to do anything about it anyway.
    He DID have the opportunity to do it. I have had an EoEO ban before. You can still go to EoFF and post in every single forum except for Eyes on the world and Eyes on each other. You can also send and receive private messages to any EoFF member that you so please to, as frequently as you like. The only restrictions he had was that he could not go into the EoTW or EoEO forums. He had the ability to argue his case, and as far as I know, he did not take that opportunity.

So a statement can be offensive if it's in the title of the message but not if it's in the thread? Would now be the proper time to note the "The I Hate Ann Coulter Thread" or would it matter?
    Anne Coulter didn't just die. If she were to die, and then I had made that thread, I would expect to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by The Redneck
    Am I supposed to express my opinions as if they were a crock and I didn't want anyone to agree with me?
    There are varying degrees between expressing something as an unquestionable truth and presenting it as a total crock, ya know? Try to find one of them. It can't be too hard because the hundreds of other members who post regularly seem to have found one.

It sounds to me like you're just flailing around wildly, typing in whatever poor excuse for your actions pops into your head first. Don't bother responding to this with another lame excuse like "NO YOU ARE" because I don't really care.

This is almost comedic. I apologize, I didn't mean to confuse all of you.

Let's see.

-Brandon Vega. Young. Overdosed. Moron. Died years ago.
    -Pope. Old. Great man, great leader. Survived gunshot wound, died recently.

Somebody tried to relate The Redneck's post, which would have disrespected Vega, to a thread that would disrespect the Pope. Let me find it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    We wouldn't have been any less vindictive towards a liberal's graceless anti-Pope thread right after that guy died than we were towards a conservative's graceless anti-Thompson thread following his death.
    There was no "sorry, we didn't know you were talking about somebody else, here let me open that thread back up for you", there was a ban.

And I see it--it's alright to disrespect and insult somebody, as long as they're not a member here, not dead, and not liberal, or usually a combination of degrees of those three. Hence, everybody is free to disrespect and insult Anne Coulter, and nothing should be done about people disrespecting the recently-deceased Pope, but anything regarding Hunter S. Thompson, or for some reason Brandon Vega, should be immediately shut down.

And people present their arguments as something they agree with. It just doesn't make sense to be impartial to one's own arguments.

("Dueling quotes"...Hah. I get a kick out of those every time.)

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kishi is referring to Hunter Thompson just likeThe Redneck's thread refers to Hunter Thompson, not Brandon Vega. Nobody cares about Brandon Vega.

Who IS Hunter Thompson and what if anything does he have to do with i told u i was hardcore?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hunter Thompson was an American journalist and writer as well as proponent of the use of mind-altering drugs who recently committed suicide.

Brandon Vega was some kid who ODed while in a chatroom and his last words were "i told u i wuz hardcore" or some crap.

The Redneck made a thread stating that Thompson is a moron and ostensibly comparing him to Brandon Vega.

The Pope also died recently and we generally try not to allow threads that denigrate someone right after they have died.

Brandon Vega has been dead long enough that we can ridicule his moronic self.

Nobody was comparing the Pope to Brandon Vega or even Hunter Thompson.

Everyone should go soak their heads.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

No, since there's nothing remotely flame-like in that title.

I hate Raistlin.

(SPOILER)Flame? Maybe.

Raistlin is blah blah blah body thrown in a mine shaft.

(SPOILER)Flame? Definitely.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I hate you too.

Yeah, the general amount of rudeness that came from Rednecks thread was much different than the Anne Coulter thread, or any other thread that I have seen in a long time. Let's look at it this way:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Redneck
    Brandon Vega is a Worthless Loser who Should be Hurled into a Pine Box and Tossed into an abandoned mine
    Still banworthy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Anne Coulter is a Worthless Loser who Should be Hurled into a Pine Box and Tossed into an abandoned mine
    Ban worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Some idiot
    The Pope is a Worthless Loser who Should be Hurled into a Pine Box and Tossed into an abandoned mine
    Ban worthy.

I think all of the mods are with me here. Had any thread been made with that title, there would have been a ban.