View Poll Results: Most interesting character?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cecil: Half-lunarians on journeys of self discovery rock.

5 12.50%
  • Kain: Back stabber who didn’t mean to do it but wanted to anyway.

10 25.00%
  • Rosa: The archer/white mage who came between two men.

1 2.50%
  • Cid: Single dad and blue-bearded master engineer.

1 2.50%
  • Rydia: Courageous orphan with the most recognizable hair since Cloud.

9 22.50%
  • Tellah: Geriatric Mastermage whose veins pump pure rage.

0 0%
  • Edward: Mild-mannered blood prince who rejects his royalty.

3 7.50%
  • Yang: Composed monk who doesn’t bask in fame or glory.

1 2.50%
  • Palom and Porom: Big power and mouths in small packages.

1 2.50%
  • Edge: Brash prince of ninjas who just can’t take “no” for an answer.

4 10.00%
  • Fusoya: Lunarian observer and keeper of the peace.

2 5.00%
  • Golbez: Big brother half-lunarians who were manipulated for years rock.

3 7.50%

Thread: The Intriguing Cast of FFIV - Your thoughts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grin The Intriguing Cast of FFIV - Your thoughts?

I hope this isn’t a gratuitous thread…. Another man’o man I can’t believe someone wants to ask my favorite character *again*. But… here I go: What character is your choice for most interesting character.

Now when I say most interesting character I mean... well, what character are you attracted to in terms of their scripted personality. What is interesting about the content of their character?

They all have their merits but my favorite character is Prince Edward/Gilbert of Damcyan. I think I'm probably in the minority on that one tho'. All too often I find that people tend to dismiss interesting characters on the sole basis that they suck in battle, which Edward does.... alot. However - I love his story and how he rises above his life's personal tragedies and his tendency towards self-pity, one of his huge flaws.

On the flip side, I suppose that Fusoya is the least interesting character but that’s only because he didn’t get much air-time or back story. I imagine he was quite a hell-raiser in his day… or maybe not, maybe he spent all his years shut up in the library on moon.

So - using FF2/4 as my model I was wondering who your favorite character is and if it's for any reason that's not "he can hit the hardest." Or perhaps give me one sentence that you figure best describes each character.

I’m chewing on some ideas for an epic fanfic (aren’t we all… :rolleyes2 ) and would appreciate any thoughts thrown my way.

“Boooo! Get off the stage!” Well – maybe not all the thoughts thrown my way….

Actually, I'll be quite surprised if Kain, Cecil and Rydia don't sweep the election, so to speak. Holding a favorite/most interesting character poll might be moot with a superstar like Rydia in the running.

Edit by Kishi: I know you know how to edit your posts instead of double-posting.
    Last edited by Fourleafclover; 04-13-2005 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Paring down...
    Banned... *Hangs head in shame.* That will teach me to step up on my soapbox.