Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I go DS or PSP?

Unhappy Should I go DS or PSP?

I have been thinking on getting either a Sony PSP or a Nintendo DS. The DS gets tops on my list since it's cheaper and I don't gots no job-type thing for monies. :nibbles: :shoot:
    I'm not sure if I should go that way since the DS doesn't seem to have many good game. The PSP costs more, but can do a whole helluva lot more. From people who have these, which would you reccomend?
    :twak:

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I choose all my systems based off the games it has. There's really no point in going for anything else... if you buy a system that lacks games you like, it's a waste of money.

I've had the pleasure of playing both systems, and as systems go they're both wonderful. So I cant help much there. I recommend getting a list of current and future releases of both systems and choosing from that list. Though I will say that Wario Ware Touched for the DS is EXTREMELY fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My boyfriend's brother has a DS, and I have a PSP, so I've spent plenty of time with both of them. PSPs are tits. Get one.

EDIT: You can't pick between PSP and DS based on the games. DS currently has better games, but now that I have a PSP I don't need an iPod, and I can watch movies and watch anime and read manga and, though a certain method, read eBooks. Sure, the only game worth buying right now is Lumines, but PSPS ARE TITS.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pick whichever. If you know someone who has a DS with some games, you can "leech" off of them to play some games together.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    My boyfriend's brother has a DS, and I have a PSP, so I've spent plenty of time with both of them. PSPs are tits. Get one.

EDIT: You can't pick between PSP and DS based on the games. DS currently has better games, but now that I have a PSP I don't need an iPod, and I can watch movies and watch anime and read manga and, though a certain method, read eBooks. Sure, the only game worth buying right now is Lumines, but PSPS ARE TITS.
    Depends on if you want it for that stuff. It's great for all that, but I'd rather do most of it on the computer. I'd get a PSP myself, but if I had an iPod already I wouldnt bother. edit: Eh, I mean, if I had an iPod I may get a DS instead. Blah.

Articles

I've got myself a DS, and I like the fact it can play GBA games as well as DS games. I don't know too much about the PSP, but which you should get really depends on what you're looking for in your system. I'd say the DS, for sure, is a little more game-based while the PSP is more multi-media driven.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    It's great for all that, but I'd rather do most of it on the computer.
    Maybe if you'd get off your lazy ass and go to college you'd love to have a PSP to play with and read on during classes, ya bum!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Maybe you should try learning during classes you jack ass!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you would get off your lazy ass and go to classes with me you would know that I am smart enough to use the PSP and take totally sexy notes.

But, anyway.... PSP is a multimedia machine, DS is a game machine. I prefer the PSP by quite a bit, even though I love Nintendo with all my buns, but I suppose it depends on what's important to you.

Now watch, I'm gonna show Ashley my PSP this weekend and she's gonna be like "OMG this is tits!" Yay!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Hey, I never said it WASNT tits! It's freaking great! I played Billow's already.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

PSP
    • Metal Gear Acid
    • Lumines
    DS
    • Castlevania DS (9/26)
    • Final Fantasy III (TBA)
    • Katamari Damacy DS (TBA)
    • Kirby Canvas Curve (6/13)
    • Meteos (6/27)
    • Metroid Prime: Hunters (8/22)
    • New Super Mario Bros. (TBA)
    • Polarium (4/18)
    So, the PSP has more worthwhile games, while the DS will have more worthwhile games in the near future.

What the h**l is tits? and I don't mean the body part! At 26, am I that old that I'm already starting to lose touch? Ugh, shoot me if I am, or just summon Bahamut on me, either works :[
    You spoony bard!

DS because I'm not on good terms with SCEA at the moment.

The PSP seems to be increasingly popular because of the fact that it'd a multimedia gadget rather than the fact that it plays games. I mean, I'd probably get one just because I lack an Ipod. If you're a big gamer then yeah go for DS, it has a variety of fun addictive games, and the innovative touch feature. Though the PSP beats the DS out in every technical feature, except for the price and battery power. I'd say choose the PSP, but it's really your choice. I've played the DS and it's extremely fun.

PSP has ONLINE capes yo... it can mmorph and everything! DS sucks... PSP is the bomb, it will have so many more games than the DS, as a matter of fact all the reviews say psp WILL have more game than the DS because not many designers care for the interface, they like the PSP more. Sooner or later the DS will not have so many "original" gaming ideas and could get boring... while the PSP has soo many capes id die for one... if i could play it in heaven...