Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 11....new era

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

There's nothing wrong with wanting to cooperate with each other, you just don't need to monopolize a whole server to do it.

The thing is like Zaphier said, not everyone is going to go gung-ho, drama from HNM LSs already prove that. If you REALLY dont like this game, theres always the right of not playing it.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

HAHA. im guessing, Americans....
    so quick to judge something and call it communism..just to give it a bad name..im not communist...but it may very well be the best source of government. it doesn't work if everyone gets equally nothing. and why work in it if there is no incentive. or purpose...

my idea may be far from what may happen.. but its more of a kingdom vs kingdom concept i want, the econonmy, would most indefinately follow, if the borders of the cities where taken seriously..get square enix to make a cap....-10 in all skill in regions under enemy control, +1 for every player with your nations flag.....something where a single player has no real purpose in an opposing region..but together..they can attack to take the region over...i was merely suggesting that borders become a part of ediqutte..where you stay out of the region unless it becomes into the cities interest....in part of this happening....items from foreign regions would become scarce....and materials from regions your city owns become huge in supply....yes i guess you could all share those materials...making armor together as a city and cut costs..but the armors produced, differ across vanadiel...if a city owns an area like sarutabaruta it has mobs like crawlers the drop silkthread. you can't get silk thread anywhere close to San d'Oria. so sandorians have to travel to windurst to buy silk threads from them...if sandy wanted a constant supply of threads that badly...then they would attack an area and take it over....as for sharing...yea..it should be done within a city..maybe not weapons and armors when your not using them..but to help out city mates any way possible..because the better they are..the more difference their gonna make on the field. which in some way will come back to help you..it could be a single peice of material for a weapon, someone brings back, it gets made, and a crafter gives it to you...all you did was fight along side your city, and pool together your materials...it would take more time to gather the stuff you need, then to get random stuff, that can be pooled together...and u get what you need anyway...the money saved goes toward materials a different city has to offer, money made from drops, wouldnt have to be spent, and would cover the cost of tickets and chocobos....you dont have to agree with me..i believe it would cut time down if everyone stayed the city, instead of camping or bazaaring in jeuno...im also saying you wouldnt have huge lag in jeuno if you shared...because it wouldnt take long to find someone that needs what you have...not everyone looks through the bazaars in a crowd of people..especially when they dont appear right away....but things like signet staff...i tried to sell it for 200000k...ppl laughed at me...i didnt know how much its worth....40k...a signet staff is a nations treasure if the system was the way i wanted...traveling signet caster..so soldiers never have to leave the front lines for signet...outposts...a perfect way to defend a region..donating equipment increases a cities influence...so if a city attacked...and you donated tons of equipment, it would be that much more harder for them to take...thats pretty much it....respect the borders...giving each city its own "edge"..as for this being a world domination linkshell.....lol...no....i merely think the city should wear similar colored linkshells so it can 1. be intimadating...2. you could see one green dot in a field of red dots..3. you know who your friends and foes are..i just want it to be a battle over areas...a little bit of competetion...where you come online and something has changed...other then prices going higher..or some lame easter egg hunt....but..ill laugh some more...calling me a commi....i really should shut up...i can tell that nothing postive will come from this forum...i guess this must be the "exiles" from other forums..cuz they love it...1/6 so far aint bad.....but yea...try and wrap it around your simple..greedy minds...you keep calling me stupid..yet calling what i think utopia....yet you keep it from happening..by not joining..and bad mouth it because someone else did.....i dont get you hypocrites...but i guess its why there is no peace on Earth...why where just fighting, waiting to get hit by an asteriod, or for the world to explode...instead of working together and doing something about it....like gather a server to decrease inflation..which is exactly my intention....make the game about fighting mobs...not fighting to sell first..at the highest price...when you could give it to someone..that might oneday use it to get something..that will lead to getting something...you never could get around to doing yourself....thats the circle...and the godamn meaning of life...give and give...and give some more....because if everyone is giving...everyone is receiving in some way..but...thanks for wasting my time here...i cant believe i wrote another post after hearing that first trash...only to hear more trash..... but just stop thinking about yourself for one moment...and why you stop for no reason when you do...you couldnt get a job without someone hiring you.

We arent all Americans..i know Omecle is Austrailian We dont make fun of whatever you are, you dont do to us ok? We love you.

Communism is not a bad thing on paper, it is a brillient system....if only that everyone can do what it says and work for one another. However that did not work as you can attest to the first and second World Wars...your model of everyone doing that is alot like communism, and this is also in a game remember..no one is going to do that =/

If this game was kingdom vs kingdom like extremely then it would have a while ago wouldnt it? =/ If you played the game, then it would be easily said that FFXI is a Gung-Ho game despite what nation you are in and they will probably NEVER inplement that stat alteration. Plus that is stupid >_> i am going to be penalized for exping in that area?

Things like silk thread are sold everywhere because we do not limit ourselves to one AH. I sell my stuff when i am convient, sure somethings sells more or faster at one place but theres another way if not, LS members and your mules.

Also we play this game for fun Its not fun to stay in a city all the time. And we also pay for this...so unless you are willing to pay all of us some money i doubt any of us would cater to what you want with our own money.

I also would have to say that if you REALLY want some border disputes and the sort, play World of Warcraft then, its a PvP game where ganking others and border disputes are commonplace, maybe it would work more if FFXI revolved around PvP but if you havent noticed, it isnt. If anything why not send this to SE so they know? Why us?

You call us greedy and like exiles, and yet you expect us to not feel any resentment? =/ Be reasonable here. And put it the other way around, we are happy this way, why should we sacrifice our happiness for something you made up? We dont have to join, and we have that right, if you are going to get piss mad at us only why not everyone else who says no on other forums? Its a game anyway, so take it easy and settle down, its made to be FUN, not some utopian society...because frankly most of us dont want it and you cant really force it upon people by insulting us.

Where were we hypocrites? Most humans tend to think about themselves and what their loved ones need before others, is that something bad necessarily? This IS alot like communism, and it would work should everyone do that, but in case history didnt show you, it did not work even when forced upon people. So what makes you think this would work on a GAME?

Anyway i think what you are saying IS trash...because while on paper this might work, it wouldnt work in real life, so why would it work in a game? Who is going to enforce it if people dont listen? No one. So please drop the insults and talk civily and maybe i can listen.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

First of all, the economy you suggest is the basis of communism. You can't deny that. Did I ever say that communism was bad? No. I said ideally it's the best form of government. I did, however, point out that it just doesn't work. So how am I giving it a bad name? I'm classifying it as what it is and using that to tell you why it won't work but I'm not saying it's bad. The only reason I put down this plan is because it's unrealistic.

You talk about the trade of supplies between nations. For this to work you'd have to completely eliminate the Auction House. You can get anything at the AH no matter what nation you're in. That makes it completely unnecessary to travel to another nation just to get the supplies.

I think you also grossly over-estimate the importance of the rivalry between nations. You say that by having the colored linkshells you would be able to recognize your "enemies." The only time you ever have enemies from other nations is when you join Ballista. You work together with everyone no matter what nation. Sure, it's convient to control an area, and it's cool to have the occasional expeditionary force to take control of a region, but it's hardly necessary or vital to the game.

As far as unifying the cities through your linkshells, dude, that's not what linkshells are for. They're there for smaller communities of people you trust and intend to play with. I can't imagine very many people would want a linkshell that's for everyone from a certain nation. It would get far too chaotic. Linkshells are hard enough to maintain when they're even relatively small groups.

Another thing, Square Enix isn't going to change the game for this little pet project of yours. They're not going to make the lack of control in a region any more detrimental than it already is, which isn't very much.

I suppose I'm done arguing with you now. It's pointless anyway. I know it isn't going to work, so I'm not going to bother to try and prove that to you any more than I already have. It's a decent plan, but wholly unrealistic and a complete and gross waste of time.

Also, in the future, I'd appreciate it if you stop stereotyping people by their nationality. Not every American is a bonehead.

Edit: I lied earlier when I said this wasn't even laughable. It's hilarious. Oh yeah, paragraphs are nice and make long rants a lot easier to read. I suggest that you might use them some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynth-Xaphier
    believe me..this isnt the first forum
    You'd think that anyone would get a clue by now.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Unforutnetly some actually believe it will work:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm.../loadclass/169

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Unforutnetly some actually believe it will work:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm.../loadclass/169
    And I thought i'd seen it all.

1. i first give an idea, which gets turned to trash immediately, and instead of someone adding an idea, more trash is put in, im not telling you what to do, im telling you my idea..and if your interested, its getting put together caitsith...which you say sucks..or that your glad your not in it, because of me...watch where the "discrimination" is comin from "buddy"..you insulted me. and yes any comments from me are tottally bias because its just an opinion.

2.im done with this site. dont bother posting something for me to read, because i wont, ive got other/better things to do...and btw..im the one getting paid to do this...enough to keep me motivated, not enough to pay you to do something, youve made pretty clearly..your not gonna do...so be "happy" being you. dance in the street. drink beer. whatever ya want. i just figure that no input will come from here. so i'm out, if i dont find a way to delete this registeration, tell the Admin or w/e to delete xynth-xavier

3. keep it real. final fantasy is a video game. a revolution is possible...so why not try...without revolution...wheres the real progress?...why would you want to be a horse..with blinders on your whole life?..stick to what you want...ive had feedback galore..im doing this alot....if this becomes fullblown...you may have no choice but to learn the game again...but time will tell...this is not all my making...ive researched it alot...and im a big part in spreading the word and receiveing feedback, to improve a different system of play....hence....new era.....if you didnt want a new era in the first place...why did u bother wasting your time...reading the idea?

4. as for monopolizing the server...i get no personal gain from this...it will be just as hard for me as anyone...its the aspect of the game...how you reach the goal....not how fast you get there.....the many of us want constant results from people playing daily...what changes besides regular inflation..more noobs..and little SE trinkets every holiday....this is by all means...not everthing...but a big part of it...ive heard this..."throwback"....so.

5.peace.

Heh- now THAT was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Xynth-Xavier
    HAHA. im guessing, Americans....
    so quick to judge something and call it communism..just to give it a bad name..im not communist...but it may very well be the best source of government. it doesn't work if everyone gets equally nothing. and why work in it if there is no incentive. or purpose...
    Okay um...Im Asian....thats spelled AZN~~and I've really gotta say that you are nutz. Your a big dreamer man big dreamer.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Now i wonder what the reactions of people would be on the biggest NA sites like Alakzham, Killing Ifrit, FFXIOnline, or whatever will respond @_@ if he posts it there i cant wait.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

1. I don't think he read any of our posts, as he considers them flames because they don't agree with his idea. (We're telling you it won't work, it won't, you can try if you want, but just because we know it won't work doesn't mean we are bad people)

2. Lionx, you see the users on that forum? Most just go off on a tangent and others that agree are "30RDM/DRK", which I don't think is too good. =\

3. I don't think he realises that a few forums does not equal an over 3,000 populated server (that's just one server too).

4. He just doesn't understand that we have our opinion, and our opinion is that his sucks. =)

5. Never let him run a country, for God's sake, never let him.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    5. Never let him run a country, for God's sake, never let him.
    Amen to that.

Yeah now that i read the forum a bit, it is a pretty retarded forum they have, saying what job you should level and then saying Taru RDM cant solo and all...(its rofl good). (excitement)

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3