Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: final fantasy 11....new era

Default final fantasy 11....new era

Xynth here,

ive decided to start in San d'Oria. i will be making several red linkshells (KVK1SO)(KVK2SO)(KVK3SO) maybe change LS to (SandOrianSoldiers1, 2, 3..) (SandOrianCrafter1, 2, 3..) (SandOrianfarmer1, 2, 3,..)(SandOrianQuesters1, 2, 3..)(SandOrianCitizen)

Soldier- Linkshells coordinates attacks on regions across the map, regions may have many areas where influence can be obtained, thus making the armies strategy come into play. the area that holds the outpost of the region will most likely be where a city defends the area...extra equipment can be donated to outposts of your city to increase influence, the better the equipment, the more influence you get for it..since influence is what counts when battling for a region...mass amounts of equipment might be donated to an outpost because the area has alot of value to the city. making it tougher to take, more mobs have to be killed. signet has to be used for all soldiers. soldiers are the first wave, and main source of materials that are unique to a cities usual materials. make any sense?

Crafters- Linkshell that handles materials, they can travel with soldiers onto the field, backing them up with items or on the spot better weapons (as soon as u get the peice of material when attacking an area, make it into a weapon, to pass onto the soldiers). make potions or ninjitsu tools...but most of all, they make the cities worth.. crafters decide what craft they want to work with, depending on what the city has to offer. the crafters will "hangout" in the guilds..pretty much just a common area where materials from battles, farmers and questers come in..the way i see it..everything a city has, should be shared...i know, i know..its hard to grasp that concept..but when people bring in materials to the crafters..for free....the gaps in crafting recipes are filled by other members of the city..so little money is spent on crafting as possible...and the crafter doesnt have to break even from buying materials , and the equipment and items are given to soldiers, because they fight the battles.

Farmers- they go to areas under their cities control, to level as a party (farm exp), and collect the resources the region has to offer, giving your city different materials and a constant supply of crystals and basic materials. the linkshell could make a week into seperate things a city could do as a group. ei monday- farm mobs, tuesday-raise level/skill,wednsday- log, mine, harvest,. etc...or whatever..they will also most likely be the first to see an oncoming city, attacking an area, they have a responsibilty, as a citizen, to warn the city, so the city can plan as quickly as possible what to do.

Questers- linkshell gathers to do missions, quests, BCNM , advanced jobs, NM..they are one voice in the city, the linkshells work together and take on any quest available to them,..keep in mind, quest should be done only in regions the city owns..giving more reason to HAVE to attack an area...make it a rule..a city cannot do a quest in another city's region...the city has to attack it and take it over...and then the questers and farmers can come to the area..

Citizen- jueno is where the 3 cities come together.. and citizens of each country allie together for quests that require mixed nation. citizens will bring unique armors and materials to jeuno from their own city..to get gil, and to trade mass amounts of materials from other citizens, example- Sandoria citizen buys 20 stacks of silk from a Windurst Citizen. maybe find it fair to trade sheepskins straight over for silk threads...but Citizens are the connections to each city. you cannot be a citizen until you are rank 5..where you have an airship pass...so you can travel inbetween cities trading..and since "city" gil will be handled..rank 5 is a good point that can be trusted..and online dependibilty is high. a rule should be that Citizen pearls can only be given to those of rank 5.

other comments-

gil- not to be worried about...this system rids the HIGH need for gil per person. making city "prices", not individual ones. gil is made from exporting your cities goods into another city...cities need gil to buy materials a city might offer that yours can't..if a city is being stingy, and not putting up extras for sale, then they wont have that extra money flow another city might have. giving them an advantage in battle over areas.

-sharing is caring- when your a soldier...your top priority when it comes to equipment....a city should equip its soldiers to the max...so they put up the best fight possible. rare equipment should be traded to whoever is going out to join the fight....load them up with extra equipment to donate or take to the frontline.....pretty much stop calling it "yours"..because its the cities....this way...you can change jobs often...whatever the city is demand for..and you wont have to hold all the equipment, for each lvl and job in your mog safe...or have to spend money (1 more dollar) on a mule. instead you can have ur moghouse full of plants and furniture for moghancements..more room to store extra armors if a city attacks an area...you grab it and run out there to donate it.with more room it means you can carry more linkshells...making this possible... there should be only extra equipment when the farmers and questers are equiped or have stocked. with maybe a couple extra for new players. a city would be in full potential when there is so much equipment that it doesnt matter if someone is logged off..because there is ample supply all around

Auction house- where a city puts its extra armors and exclusive items, where citizens from other cities come to buy materials they cant farm..

city gil?- crafters will be collecting most of the gil, from selling the extra armor they craft and extra materials that can be sold to other cities, they turn this money over to citizens who take it and buy materials in jeuno and other cities,

Borders- a know rule should be to never go into enemy areas alone. lets say your a SanSoldier LS, farming in latheine, collecting bird wings, ramskins, and anything else you can get from mobs, you look around and see 14 red dots of the LS running around killing what they can..all of a sudden..23 blue dots (bastok main flag color) spawn in the zone...the area is suddenly under attack by bastok...they want the rights to farm and quest in the area..attacking an area gives quick supply of the materials of the region..but not the rights for farmers to come in.(farmers should switch to their soldier ls anyway and collect from the battle, farmers stay in the area, whilst soldiers move on to take or defend other areas.

timespans...you cant be on all the time...so things have to be traded alot more often....if you have any comments or ideas...post them up id like to read what you think...and if im missing anything...im sure minor things will work themselves out...but this is pretty much the basics..

thanks for taking the time to read this...you may copy and paste this in other forums..

this is going down first in server caitsith..im want to know if people are up for it..and if they want to transfer over to caitsith..ill get a world pass and post it up here

I'm glad I'm not on the Caitsith server, then.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Do you even play the game? O.o

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I hate to be blunt, but I can't come up with any other word do describe this than idiotic.

Seriously, you plan to take over an entire server? Get a grip man, it just isn't going to happen. You say you're going to start in San d'Oria, that gives me the impression that you haven't played the game before. You obviously don't display a grasp on how a lot of the game works and how it is played. In fact, at certain points it sounds like you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

I'm sorry but this is hardly even laughable. I suggest you just getthe game and slip into the community inconspicuously. Get to L75, make a name for yourself, then go after world domination.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lay off him guys, maybe he just likes to dream big. Big and bizarre.

Ginormous, bizarre, dreams.

Yes.

Either that or he played the game and is fooling with us

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I'm all for world domination, but this is ridiculous.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds like high quality crap to me, I hope you're ready for the first mid level in sandy replying to your shout belittling your efforts. I'd save your gil for a shiny sword and leave the thoughts of World Domination to the programers. Now go and have a sparkling day.

Hey- admittidly it might not stand a great chance of succeeding but I at least admire you for thinking like this! FFXI is all supposed to be about community- half the problem is that everyone is so damn selfish. At least some people out there are trying to do something to work with other players. The state of FFXI is awful, its turned into a contest for screwing everyone over for the best gil, rarest item and so on. I say good luck to you, at least you're trying to make a difference.

Your server must suck then..either that or your LS does.

I dont think that is true at all, you just need a better LS or server IMO, unlike RO which rip offs are commonplace. Besides i dont see how of what he is saying really shows community. Seems like some unreachable utopian thing to me which is unreasonable :P If a normal LS has troubles between its members from time to time, this will definitely not last more than a week..we arent robots and dont like to be told what to do especially on a game we pay 15 bucks a month....so yeah what he is saying does seem pretty unreasonable...at least to me.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

lol.

i have no concept of the game?.....lol...maybe you didnt read my first post....i have a concept of the game....and i hate it.....inflation has gone up so much im sick of it...and im not just thinking of myself. you calling me idiotic? i @$#% laugh at you....people complain about prices per month...yet all they do is sit in one spot waiting for a monster, playing who can provoke the fastest with whoever else is in the area. im just giving an idea. instead of smack talking, and showing everyone your a stubborn, greedy, prick, how about telling me your ideas.? if you have one...or you just gonna show new players...that camping, and huge prices..are the way it is...there is a reason you can donate weapons and armor to outposts...there is a reason there are items that work better in areas under your control..there is reasons why there is "signet staff". if we played the way i said, which btw is barely any of what i have written and formulated...this is just to get a little feedback..but i have noticed that the reason for inflation is because there is no economy..its every person for themselve in a world you damn well know you can't solo in...unless you have 5 years to play the game..my problem is gil sellers, campers, and pricks...who only want the highest prices...people who take items out of the AH just so they can raise the price...just to make gil...the way i set up the economy...each city has its "edge" something to sell to other cities....if a city controls more areas, and farms the area..they have more materials to make armors, and more extra materials to sell to competeing cities....SandOria could decide that they need an area that has crawlers in it. they need silk threads for armor so soldiers and farmers can increase their output in either kills/ or drops. they could decide to attack the area..for quick materials...or they could stay a week..fighting..and take hold of the area...for farming rights, and constant supply...or even...go to jeuno, and trade 40 sheepskins for 5 stacks of silk threads.... or for gil...windurst would take that money or material made from the trade, and put it to use for their city....a farmer could be farmin exp in the dunes, and all of a sudden they see an opposing military coming in to take the area...they warn the city...and soldiers teleport to the outpost..or run like hell out there to fight mobs and keep the cities influence up...if they city is defending...outposts take armor and weapon donations, and increase the influence depending on grade of weapon (good..better..) just one strategy a city can use...there could be dipolimacy, trade tariffs...grudge matches in ballista..the cities best warriors, with the cities best equipment....thats my idea...the city is one working organism..competeing for land...where you come online one day and see some "real" change in the game...where conquest points are worth more then money..where gil is useless unless buying from another city...because materials are given...pooled as a city...armors are made from that pool of materials....the armors are given to soldiers...the soldiers go and plan and attack areas depending on what materials/ quests the city needs......dont smack talk something you dont understand..i pity you..hiding from the fear of change...its a video game...nothing i have planned..changes the game features in anyway....people just play differently..stop ignoring people.. and work together as a city.making a party for ANYTHING will all be in one place...with people from your city...maybe you should read the games code and see the mathematics of skill/experience/conquest gain...but yea maybe your right.maybe your all the pros in everyserver telling me what what my idea is....maybe this wont happen...and you know damn sure why....because of people like you....who smack talk it the minute they hear it...when they have no REAL intelligence about an econonmy system...when they think "time played" is how strong they are...you think im the idiot...when your playing 1 vs 10000...believe me..this isnt the first forum....i was wondering if people that come here have some smart people that want to transfer over to caitsith.. and be a part of a city...that changes the world daily....but you keep playing 1 vs 10000.....keep calling me an idiot when you have no choice but to join...

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Your server must suck then..either that or your LS does.

I dont think that is true at all, you just need a better LS or server IMO, unlike RO which rip offs are commonplace. Besides i dont see how of what he is saying really shows community. Seems like some unreachable utopian thing to me which is unreasonable :P If a normal LS has troubles between its members from time to time, this will definitely not last more than a week..we arent robots and dont like to be told what to do especially on a game we pay 15 bucks a month....so yeah what he is saying does seem pretty unreasonable...at least to me.
    it may seem unreachable...just because you dont want to do it...whats 2 days of gather a city in one spot...giving everyone the color LS's (red-sandy) (blue-bastok)(green-windy)...where you decide what you want to do in the moment..like what you would do any other day...you slap on the linkshell, whether it be, farming- to level, to skill up, or collect materials. or equip you soldier LS. where you gather, organize, changing jobs depending on what the city needs, or the plan for assault, where you use invisibility to scope a region for oppoing city before you attack...where 3 LS worth of soldiers attack an area..using fireworks as attack signals, the way i see it..changing job will be used often...the way i thought up is, weapons and armor are in constant circulation in the city...giving it for free..depending on what the person is doing...crafters dont spend money on materials because soldiers bring them in...soldiers dont spend money because crafters make everything...a cities strength are based on organization, use of materials...and how well the soldiers are equipped...your crafting and decide to go out and fight? hand over your extra materials to the next person...get equipped from the crafters.. and head out....you have quests to do? put on your quester LS and find out whats available, depending on areas your city owns..(there is so many quests, you dont REALLY need them all right away..so get the ones you can..and vote on areas to attack next. if your rank 5 or more..and got your airship pass...throw on your citizen LS and go to jueno. buy materials for your country while you party with citizens from other countries to do alliance quests and deal with dipolmacy, where citizens communicate..maybe pay money so an LS can come into the terroritory and go into giddeus for the key...but..you dont really need to go to kazam right away...you just think you do with the way the game is played now...leveling is important..but you wont be restricted to certain areas because "thats where everyone goes" instead you go to more strategic places with better parties..alliances even..as a city.
    i know it may seem like its telling you what to do...but its just a different way to play..its pretty much like someone telling you...you have to go to qufim to level from 20-25....that being a robot...if you think of it lighter..then im pretty much saying..whatever it is your gonna do today..put that LS on and others from your city will be there doing the same "group" of things..instead of you playing by yourself..waiting hours for a party..in an area thats usually deadly. and always having to break even with crafting..instead..you fight anyway..as a city...pool your items..instead of taking up half @$$ crafting and getting sidetracked..you feel like crafting?..sit in a guild and wait for soldiers to bring in materials...for free...you make it for free...you give away the armor for free...you get the skill up anyway...and didnt have to pay a gil...soldiers get there armor..and dont have to pay anything but the materials they got from battle...other soldiers fill in the crafting recipe gaps...while citizens fill in any others with exports.....once we can accomplish that...maybe Square will stop having to deal with gil sellers, campers, and can start listening to us, on our ideas....mine....traveling carnival....different gambling games( for things like potions or scrolls, like i said, money will be useless, other than buying exports...i mean..what are you gonna do with 10 million gil...besides buy something that costs 10 million gil...and if your so wrapped up in gil...and thats all you care about...then maybe people should take a closer look at you...how greedy you really are...how low you will go..or maybe your just a gil seller...waiting to get caught in a gil trade sting and get your butt banned....if you want to play a game( your paying 15 dollars a month for) and all you want to do is get money...spend it on some online poker...play with your money there...it will be some better use...and if you can't because your underage....then be quiet because you don't know crap about the world yet.

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting, and use paragraphs for crying out loud. -Murder

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

This is a bunch bull[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img].

Let me put it this way: your dream is basically an ideal communist economy. Communism, in theory, is perhaps one of the best forms of government and economy. Everyone shares, everything is owned by everyone. You've got one guy making shoes and another guy growing crops and everyone shares what they make so that everyone has everything they're going to need.

If there's one thing we've learned about communism throughout history is that idealistic communism doesn't work. People aren't willing to work together like that. Such levels of communcation and cooperation are beyond human capabilities. There is no way you can hope to achieve a utopian society like this.

First thing's first. People aren't going to go for it. As great as this idea of yours would be if it worked, it's just not going to happen. FFXI has been working fine as it is for long enough. People complain about the economy. Sure, the gilsellers have messed it up quite a bit, but it balances out. So what? Leaping boots cost 800,000G? Fine, that kind of money is easier to raise now. The thing about an inflated economy is that everything is at inflated prices. So what you farm is worth more. The money isn't hard to get. The economy on FFXI is working just fine for now.

You talk about how this would crush the gilsellers. Leave that to SE. They're not done fighting gilsellers. If all else fails they can just make NM drops rare/ex. and gilsellers would be out of business. If you really want to find gilsellers, report them to SE and get them banned.

Another thing, this system demands a lot from the players. There'd be a lot of constant work to keep this kind of thing afloat. It sounds a whole lot like a job to me. I don't play Final Fantasy XI, or any video game for that matter, to do work. I play the game to have fun, not to work.

Wyllius is right. Go on ahead with your plan. Go shout your ass off in San d'Oria to try to get everyone to join your plan. Everyone will laugh at you. I know it's mean, but most everyone is content as it is. If they don't like how the game works they'll leave. If you don't like how the game works, don't play.

The system is working just fine as it is. This kind of... revolution just isn't necessary.

I agree with Zaphier on this - or anyone else for that matter.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Hmm, it would appear your views are somewhat more extreme than I previously thought. I agree a lot of the servers would be improved if there was more co-operation between players, but this seems a bit much. I retract my previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Hmm, it would appear your views are somewhat more extreme than I previously thought. I agree a lot of the servers would be improved if there was more co-operation between players, but this seems a bit much. I retract my previous statement.
    Yes, but you can get co-operation between linkshells, it's been done before, expecially on Midgardsormr. But I do agree when you say there should be an even more improved co-operation between players - but that's people I guess.