Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: RAW and SmackDown!

I haven´t missed any RAW or SMACKDOWN! or any PPV since No Mercy last year.

Randy Orton r000lz

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like Orton too. Probably my favorite of the up and coming guys. Not a big fan of Cena. On Smackdown! I like Angle, Mysterio, Booker T, RVD, and Eddie Guerrero. Rey Mysterio is probably the most entertaining wrester I've ever seen. He does such amazing things in the ring. I miss Angle's dorky days.

The Hitman is my favorite ever, though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'm not the avid wrestling fan I use to be, but I remember when Bob Backlund lost some title to Bret Hart and then went beserk and put the chicken wing on Hart. Hart tried to shake his hand after a great match with Backlund, but to no avail. Maybe during the 1992 year, the year Backlund started "running" for President.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo Jellybean
    I'm not the avid wrestling fan I use to be, but I remember when Bob Backlund lost some title to Bret Hart and then went beserk and put the chicken wing on Hart. Hart tried to shake his hand after a great match with Backlund, but to no avail. Maybe during the 1992 year, the year Backlund started "running" for President.
    I remember it well. Backlund was simply terrible. xD
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

In all honesty I have not been able to watch many episodes lately, however I have one person whom i really enjoyed when he appeared and he was ALMOST as entertaining to watch as Rey. Zach Gowen. The whole one legged man thing was great to play off of and he was actually not terrible as a wrestler. (sure he couldn't pull off certain things, but hey the guy can ALWAYS pull crowd support) i really loved how he showed up the first time from the crowd and slowly got worked in as a wrestler. Great story and I wish they had kept it going.
    Noone can clearly see what I truly am nor can they see what I am not. In this I am the greatest of mysteries and noone has yet been able to solve it. If you see me you haven't seen me. If you don't see me then you might have just seen me. And in the end you are all left to wonder if I actually existed at all or if i was simply a trick played upon your feeble minds.

Yeah, mysterio does not have so much brute strenght to throw your enemies around but still he uses his endurance and agility and is really entertaining.

For some reason, I just remembered a punishing match:

Undertaker vs Mankind in hell in a cell
    WOW

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    Yeah, mysterio does not have so much brute strenght to throw your enemies around but still he uses his endurance and agility and is really entertaining.
    Mysterio can work with anyone on the roster, and that's what makes him stand out from all the other Cruiserweights. If you put Rey in a match with useless tubs of lard like the Big Show and Viscera, you'd still get an entertaining contest. The only other person on the roster who is capable of making their opponents look ten times better than they actually are is - of course - Kurt Angle.

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    For some reason, I just remembered a punishing match:

Undertaker vs Mankind in hell in a cell
    WOW
    Quite right - King of the Ring 1998. It's still the most famous Hell in the Hell match in WWE history. Truth be told, it wasn't even a great "match", but it was one hell of an incredible stunt show.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos
    Does anyone have The Rock's theme song?
    Possibly.
    NOW HOW THE FREAKIN' HELL DID YOU GET ALL THAT THEMES!?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It doesn't matter how he gets all those themes!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I haven't regularly watched wrestling since the WCW era.

I still like Benoit, though.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

My favourite one was when Hulk Hogan came in when two other wrestlers were blithering on about something. He beat them both. Then, one of them hit him on the back with a chair, but he just turned around and beat them both again.

He's a real man. They just don't make real men like they used to.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    Does anyone have The Rock's theme song?
    Possibly.
    NOW HOW THE FREAKIN' HELL DID YOU GET ALL THAT THEMES!?
    By being extremely sad and obsessed.

It's not something I'd recommend.

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

I've always been a wrestling fan for the last 20 years. I always watch Raw and Smackdown and havn't missed a PPV in the last 3 years. My favourite guys who are wrestling right now are Christ Benoit, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Christian and A.J. Styles from TNA/NWA.

I also have to agree with most of the people who have already posted their displeasure about the HHH show and his never ending quest to beat Ric Flair's record. While HHH is a talented wrestler, he needs to let other people have a shot at the belt. He's married to the boss's daughter so it's not like he has to worry about losing his spot to anyone. But what do you expect from a guy who had to job to the Ultimate Warrior in 90 seconds at his first Wrestlemania apperance. You can't blame him for being cautious now can you. My friends and I always compare him and the belt to Gollum and the Ring"

As for my top 10 matches of all time? Some of them have already been mentioned but I'll list them anyway.

10. Wrestlemaina XVIII: - The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan This match is on this list because I was actually there for it. I was in the Skydome along with 68,000 other people going insane for this match. I'm not a big fan of either man. From a purely technical standpoint, this match sucks. You can't have a good match for 30 minutes with two guys who only know 9 moves collectively. But the heat going into this match was incredible, the atmosphere in the Skydome was nuts and watching these two gaints of the industry was truly a sight to behold.

9. Wrestlemania 3: I.C. Title Match - Randy "Macho Man" Savage(c) vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat I can't remember how many 2 1/2 counts they had in this match, but this match definatly stole the show that night.

8. Summerslam '92: I.C.Title Match - Bret "The Hitman" Hart(c) vs "The British Bulldog" Davy Boy Smith. The crowd at Wembly Stadium went absolutle nuts when the hometown boy won this match. And like the last match, no flashy finishes either. Just a small package was all it took after this battle.

7. Summerslam '91: I.C. Title Match - Mr. Perfect(c) vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart This was the match that elevated Bret Hart as a singles wrestler. He goes out there and puts on a killer match. Kudos to Mr. Perfect as well since his back was in really bad shape at the time of this match.

6. April 2, 1989 - NWA Clash of the Champions #6: World Heavyweight Title Match: Best 2 out of 3 falls - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat(c) vs The Nature Boy" Ric Flair If you want to see NWA/WCW or either one of these men at their best, then watch this match. They went for almost 45 minutes and put on a wrestling clinic that left you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

5. Royal Rumble '92: Royal Rumble match. The winner becomes WWF champion - Winner: Ric Flair If anyone has any doubt about how good Ric Flair was back during his prime? Check this match out and watch Rick Flair carry 29 other guys to becoming the WWF champ. He came in at number 3, lasted 59 minutes and 26 seconds (a record at the time) and the crowd at Albany that night went nuts. An effort like that wouldn't be matched for another 12 years when Benoit went in at #1 lasted 61 minutes and 35 seconds and became the only man since HBK to go the distance and win the Rumble.

4. Halloween Havoc '97: Title vs Mask match for the WCW Cruiserweight title -Eddie Guerrero(c) vs Rey Mysterio Jr. This was done during the hayday of WCW's cruiserweight division. With guys like Mysterio, Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon, Jericho, Dean Malenko, Juventud Guerrera and many others, this was the reason why I watched WCW. Mysterio and Guerrero put on 15 minutes of the fast paced action that I had never seen before. This was the match that introduced me to the true Mexican Lucha Libre style.

3. Wrestlmania XIII: I Quit match - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart This was the match that turned Stone Cold from superstar to megastar. The match itself was great. The double turn was done to perfection and that image of Austin covered in blood, screaming in pain but never giving up would sell more t-shirts than Austin 3:16 could ever hope for. Although Austin's first title reign wouldn't come for another year, this match was part of the reason why everyone wanted it to happen.

2. Wrestlemania XX: Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Title - HHH(c) vs HBK vs "The Rabid Wolverine" Christ Benoit Best Wrestlemania match of all time. It had some great spots throughout such as HHH grabing HBK's hand so that he couldn't tap out to Benoit, HHH and HBK teaming up to throw Benoit through the table, HBK's moonsault from the top rope to the outside onto HHH and Benoit and finally HHH tapping to Benoit's Crippler Crossface. Benoit deserved this match and the title that day and I hope he gets another chance to wear the gold again soon.

1. Royal Rumble 2003: WWE Title Match - Kurt Angle(c) vs "The Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit: This is the best match in the history of professional wrestling. Period. It was just two guys who could wrestle, giving it their all for 25 minutes. These two showed why they are two of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time. And while some submission matches may be boring, this one was anything but. And the best part about it was that their was no interference. Benoit may have lost the match but the people at the Fleet Center in Boston didn't care and gave the man a standing ovation. One that both men rightly deserved.

I have a few other favourites but those are my top 10.
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I watch it from time to time, for fun. Back in the day, though, I was a huge fan of both Bret and Owen. It's a shame that Owen died after the cable that was supposed to take him down like a superhero snapped, and he hit his head on the turnbuckle.

Rubedo: And Kurt Angle is awesome!

HHH is the best and he'll kill batista at backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet Thief
    chaos: I watch it from time to time, for fun. Back in the day, though, I was a huge fan of both Bret and Owen. It's a shame that Owen died after the cable that was supposed to take him down like a superhero snapped, and he hit his head on the turnbuckle.

Rubedo: And Kurt Angle is awesome!
    angle sucks

<b>EDIT: Please use the warn button instead of double posting. -Murder</b>

Look at me i'm stupid as hell,
    I can't even breathe properly
    Let alone read

해골 그림