Thread: RAW and SmackDown!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the belt needs to change hands on the TV shows every now and then, mixes things up a little bit.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I think the belt needs to change hands on the TV shows every now and then, mixes things up a little bit.
    Seconded. Wasn't it Angle vs. Austin were the world title last changed on TV? Damn terrorists, screwing with the booking.

In 02' it made sense to change the belt every month. The brands were newly split and the Undisputed title was inter-promotional. It was needed to keep people watching both RAW and Smackdown.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by faster skating penguin
    Seconded. Wasn't it Angle vs. Austin were the world title last changed on TV? Damn terrorists, screwing with the booking.
    The last time the WWE Championship changed hands on TV was in the Iron Man match between Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar. It aired on an episode of Smackdown in September of 2003.

The last time the World Heavyweight Championship "changed hands" on TV was in December of last year. Well, it didn't really change hands, it was simply held up when Edge and Chris Benoit both beat each other at exactly the same time. HHH was also involved in that triple threat match for the Championship. Of course, Hunter regained the belt in the Elimination Chamber match in January of this year.

I don't think the main titles should change hands on TV. Sure, it's surprising and it gives the casual fan something to get excited about, but it won't get great PPV purchase results. The Monday Night Wars ended a long time ago, and Raw/Smackdown ratings aren't as important as they used to be (although they are still a major factor).

When titles only change hands on the Supercards, it makes more people shell out their hard earned cash to watch these "special shows", which can only be a good thing for the company and the wrestling business. Also, it makes the belts seem that little bit more special.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I always forget Lesnar/Angle, despite me having it on tape and it being the best of the 4 modern Ironman matches. Most likley because I didn't regularly watch at that time. (WM 18 = HUGE turnoff to WWE)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

(WM 18 = HUGE turnoff to WWE)
    Same here. Hulk Hogan winning the title one month later almost made me quit watching altogether. I managed to survive through this difficult period, though, and I'm glad I did. WWE shows are so much better these days. Better than 2002, anyway.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    I don't think the main titles should change hands on TV. Sure, it's surprising and it gives the casual fan something to get excited about, but it won't get great PPV purchase results. The Monday Night Wars ended a long time ago, and Raw/Smackdown ratings aren't as important as they used to be (although they are still a major factor).
    This makes sense. I miss the Monday Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    (WM 18 = HUGE turnoff to WWE)
    Same here. Hulk Hogan winning the title one month later almost made me quit watching altogether. I managed to survive through this difficult period, though, and I'm glad I did. WWE shows are so much better these days. Better than 2002, anyway.
    I went cold turkey after post-WM 18 RAW. Stayed for a LONG time.

Then a new kid moved to my school. He knew no one, so he sat at my lunch table. No day he wore a John Cena shirt. We had a conversation about the good days of wrestling (the ones I watched.) He then informed me that CHRIS BENOIT won the Royal Rumble. That got me interested. He then informed me EDDY GUERRERO would be going for the world title at No Way Out. That got me hooked. How I'm more into it than ever.

With RAW moving back to USA, TNA may try to get a Spike TV spot, but they're of no thread - they're on their last legs. ROH though ... the number of smart fans wanting good workrate/match quality is steadily increasing, so if they got a deal I think they could pose a noticable thread to WWE's ratings.

I'd probebly watch ROH, but tape RAW/SD, just to give ROH the ratings.

TNA is horrible. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Test and Albert?

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Test and Albert?
    They sucked but that's not what Strawberry Gashes is talking about. he's talking about TNA/NWA. They're a promotion owed but Jerry and Jeff Jarrett. Jeff Jarrett is the champion over there at the moment. The X Division that they have is alot like WCW's Cruiserweight divsion, but that's the only reason why I watch it. Given the choice between watching Triple H squashing guys week after week or Double J squashing guys week after week, my vote goes to Triple H. That way I can see him do it to guys like Benoit and Jericho. That's better than watching Double J do it to guys like Kevin Nash, DDP or Road Do.. oops I mean B.G. James.
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Best of Japan 1990's should be arriving on my doorstep within the next 2 business days! Looking forward to more Misaway godliness.

Trips dosn't squash people. He may defeat them, but more than likley he makes them look good. The reason he's the number one heel is because no one else can be the number one heel. Christian dosn't cut it in the ring, Edge isn't over enough in main event standards, the only one who could even be close to Trips' position is Jericho and he isn't exactly the most abitious these days.

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

YOU MIGHT BE HHH IF ....

…You list "ability to cut twenty minute promos" as a skill on your resume.

…You became a pro wrestler just to meet women who will inevitably become incredibly unattractive five years after you hook up with them.

…You convince your boss to hire your old buddies, even though they're known drunks and can't walk five feet without snapping an ankle.

…You think tearing a quad automatically makes you a hero.

…You can honestly say, "Yeah, I carried Henry O. Goodwin's ass".

…You refer to Batista and Randy Orton as "substitute Hall and Nash".

…You boycotted the Oscars after being snubbed for best supporting vampire.

…You call your dad "boss", his daughter "wife", and your stepmother "just in case Stephanie leaves me…"

…You try to build the gut kick as a legitimate finishing move.

…The last person to no sell your finisher was the Ultimate Warrior.

…You make Ric Flair kiss your ass, because it's not like he's a legend or anything.

…You have Motorhead play at your nephew's birthday party on a whim.

…You fear the day you ever have to face The Undertaker again, because you forget who's not supposed to sell what.

…You believe spitting water is intimidating.

…You use a sledgehammer as a weapon, but only hit people with the wooden end.

…You refer to the under card as "future dinners".

…You refer to your wife as "that bitch I stole from Test".

…You make people flick the lights on and off rapidly before entering a room.

…You grew mutton chops to regain "street cred".

…The only thing you'd ever admit jobbing to is Buzz Beer.

…You claim the only reason why you harbor ill towards Chris Jericho is because "he ran over my damned bulldog, remember?"

…The job you're best suited for is "grave digger" and the least are "salesman" and "unemployment officer".

…Your favorite vegetable is "squash".

…You claim to be responsible for the comeback of the iron cross logo.

…You still have no idea what the nickname "The Game" means.

…The last time your friends headed South for a promotion, you cried in-ring. Now, you just loan them old girlfriends and send them a postcard.

…You've been to Chyna, and currently reside in Thigh-land.

…You wonder why your book about weight lifting is being outsold by The DaVinci Code.

…The whole world knows you're "not particularly ball-hairy".

…The most scientific move you use is the Indian death lock.

…People still rib you about that whole "there's a lot of bi-things I am…" bit from a couple of years back.

…You refer to the WCW/ECW influx from 2001 as "when Vince doubled what to feed me".

…You wonder why people didn't congratulate you after your ***** classic with Scott Steiner.

…You've been on top of Mic Foley more times than his wife has.

…Every time you hear the number "2" announced, you instantaneously and impulsively thrust your legs up.

…You've never thrown up in your life, because when you put something down, it STAYS down.

…You consider the running knee attack a "high intensity move".

…You refer to dead people as "pedigreed".

…Whenever you hear the phrase "suck it", you say "ah, sweet memories. No, no, not like that!"

…You're pissed at Jesus for stealing Shawn Michaels away from you.

…You own a glass ceiling with Benoit's forehead prints on it.

…You've been outwrestled by Duke the Dumpster.

…People pay you to use your nose as a ski slope.

…Your forehead is big enough to hold it's own PPV.

…The only thing Mark Henry can't lift is your ego.

…You honestly believe you earned your position through hard work and determination, not because you're currently banging the boss man's daughter.
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Looking forward to more Misaway godliness.
    *ahem* - it's Misawa.

If you're into a mixed bag of wrestling styles, you should check out this shop. See "TWC: International Showdown" at the top left? It's one of the greatest supercard shows ever. The fact that I'm on the fourth row makes it even better to watch. And, yes, Misawa is in action along with Tiger Emperor and Yoshinari Ogawa.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Hehe i like to wrestle with big tuff men first i'd be all sweet but then i'd kick their ass sooryz for language :laugh: but i bet psy is easy i could beat him in 10 secs .xXx...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten
    Hehe i like to wrestle with big tuff men first i'd be all sweet but then i'd kick their ass sooryz for language :laugh: but i bet psy is easy i could beat him in 10 secs .xXx...
    taht is teh not funnee!1

Neither is that, by all accounts. :/