Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: RAW and SmackDown!

i cant wait till smackdown comes to bridgeport.i wanna get a ticket and see batista verse jbl.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I brought one of Jericho's musical albums off the internet and he still is not champion.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonZapdos
    ALL WWE FANS ON EOFF: What is your favourite wrestler?
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Toshiaki Kawada
    Chris Benoit
    Bryan Danielson
    Kenta Kobashi

Am I the only one noticing JBL's HUGE in-ring improvments? It seems it happened overnight. I mean, one day he was like he always was: horrid.

Then he drug a good match out of The Undertaker put on an amazing proformance in the 6-man, had a very dramatic match with Blue Meanie ... I'm just really suprised how good he's become.

Edge's promo last night was totally GODLY. I just wonder what the fans who've no knowledge of the Hardy/Edge/Lita situation think about the angle ...

DOWNLOAD AND WATCH ALL OF THESE!:
    (copy/paste them into the adress bar)

Kenta Kobashi vs. Stan Hansen (MUST SEE - top 10 matches ever)
    http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...WG0HDHM5J2Z30DB

Samoa Joe vs. Austin Aries
    http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...JT28I84PNVL4AE3

Own Hart vs. Jushin Lyger
    http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...4A01C25GBVO9ZKS

Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London 2/3 falls (MUST SEE)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=20N31062

Paul London vs. AJ Styles
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18GVXCK8

Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobash (MUST SEE - top 10 matches ever)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/750786/A...10-21_.wmv.html

I'm such a great person for giving you those links. Watch them, or you'll die a virgin.

Also, Earl Hebner has been fired.
    Last edited by faster skating penguin; 07-19-2005 at 05:24 PM.

My dream will never fade! MoonZapdos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    As for summerslam, I hope to god that Chris Jericho beats John Cena and takes what is rightfully his. After that, get Kurt Angle into a fued with Jericho and we got a good show.
    That would be so awesome. Those two are my favorites.

So yeah, my fav is Y2J. RAW IS JERICHO!

Yeah it would. Those two are just about the best thing the WWE has to offer. Sadly though, I am willing to bet that the WWE will make Jericho job to John Cena . And what is with this Kurt Angle invitation? I thought that once he was drafted to RAW that It would end. But no. We still have to see this crap (even though this most recent one was pretty good).
    Both Batista and John Cena are getting too much push (Hell in a Cell... *grumpy face*).

HIAC was BY FAR Batista's best match.

Cena & Batista are over with the crowd, more over than anyone since Austin/Rock, so of course their getting massive pushes.

If there weren't any jobbers on WWE, I'd bet Triple H had kicked his @$$ in the HIAC.

Quote Originally Posted by faster skating penguin
    HIAC was BY FAR Batista's best match.

Cena & Batista are over with the crowd, more over than anyone since Austin/Rock, so of course their getting massive pushes.

I MIGHT see that for John Cena, because he even as a heel he was getting some loud pops from the crowd. But saying that batista is more over than anyone since Austin/Rock is just sad and going WAY over the line. Batistas fame is NOWHERE near as Kurt Angles is. Even as a heel Kurt Angle is always getting cheered. And its not just angle, there are so many more superstars who are way more popular than batista can hope to be. The only reason Batista is getting such a push is because they really had noone else left to fued with HHH. Originally this would/should be Orton, but the WWE ruined it by shoving the HHH/Orton fued so early down our throats.

I really still cant believe that you can even compare Cena and Batistas popularity to that of Rock/Austin. One day cena MAY become as popular as they are. But never Batista, not with his HORRIBLE in ring talent and his horrible, horrible mic skills.

At his peak, I think he was to most over since Austin/Rock, but considering he hasn't really done anything amazing, most fans will probably forget about the FRICKIN AWESOME backstage segments with Trips, and stop caring about his as much as they do currently. But right now, he's massivly over.

I finally saw Benoit vs. Austin from SD 2001 this morning. Screw WM17, THAT was the match of the year for 2001. I may post a link to it later.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

cena/batista could probably be the austin/rock of today
    even though austin/rock wasn't that long ago
    some people complain about wwe needing a new type thing much like old nature boy/new nature boy (others would argue this is really happening with Ric Flair and Kurt Angle but I close my eyes when either of them are about so I wouldn't know - need someone smarters opinion)
    of course I'm not as hardcore as them so I really just want to see someone with their skull cracked open
    been meaning to follow up on the ENTIRE HBK vs. Bret Hart thing, but too lazy
    I liked it for a while how chris masters sort of homage thing to the earlier (late 1800's) professional wrestling but he is boring now

ONE MATCH I'D LOVE TO SEE:
    Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho

At his peak, I think he was to most over since Austin/Rock, but considering he hasn't really done anything amazing, most fans will probably forget about the FRICKIN AWESOME backstage segments with Trips, and stop caring about his as much as they do currently. But right now, he's massivly over.

I finally saw Benoit vs. Austin from SD 2001 this morning. Screw WM17, THAT was the match of the year for 2001. I may post a link to it later.

At his peak? Batista hasnt even reached the peak yet. And with his horrible mic skills and in ring talent, he never will. Unless batista gets a sudden source of charisma and talent he will NEVER be remember as "great". And we must not be watching the same show because as far as I remember, his in ring and backstage promos with HHH where godawful. I mean I remember their crappy segment for the HIAC contract signing. It was pathetic.

HHH: In order to stop me, you will have to kill me. (Or something along the lines of that)

Batista: Oh yeah? Well you have to kill me!!!!

Wow, if thats the wwe's future then thats just sad. Thank god that a real talented "hoss" like Brock Lesnar who might be returning soon.

At his peak? Batista hasnt even reached the peak yet. And with his horrible mic skills and in ring talent, he never will. Unless batista gets a sudden source of charisma and talent he will NEVER be remember as "great". And we must not be watching the same show because as far as I remember, his in ring and backstage promos with HHH where godawful. I mean I remember their crappy segment for the HIAC contract signing. It was pathetic.

HHH: In order to stop me, you will have to kill me. (Or something along the lines of that)

Wow, if thats the wwe's future then thats just sad. Thank god that a real talented "hoss" like Brock Lesnar who might be returning soon.
    Wrong. The segment was:

BATISTA: You will have to kill me to take this! (the belt)

HHH: Well, you will have to kill me to stop me!

The segments I'm talking about are the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania segments. At that point it was a great fued and Bats was immensly over and still is because of it.

As for the awful ring skills, Cena's are no better. Get beat up by the heel, hit five moves, win. Except latley he's been skipping the first part. Hopefully Jericho can drag something out of him at SS.

I'm not saying Batista's good, or that I even like him. I'm just saying he's incredibly over because he is.

On another note, Ring of Honor is the greatest promotion of all time.

NEW POOL:

1) Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero?

In my opinion, Eddie's best.

The segments I'm talking about are the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania segments. At that point it was a great fued and Bats was immensly over and still is because of it.

As for the awful ring skills, Cena's are no better. Get beat up by the heel, hit five moves, win. Except latley he's been skipping the first part. Hopefully Jericho can drag something out of him at SS.

I'm not saying Batista's good, or that I even like him. I'm just saying he's incredibly over because he is.

On another note, Ring of Honor is the greatest promotion of all time.

Yeah but the difference between Cena and Batista is that cena actually has charisma. His mic skills used to be great, so great that even as a heel he was cheered for. Now cena is getting really lame with his jokes but its still better then anything that Tist can come up with. Also, John Cena CAN be good in the ring. Just watch some of his older matches (back when he first debuted and when he turned into "Thug Cena"). He has the potential.

Personally I thought the whole build up to WWXXI wasnt great at all. Not once did I get excited or pumped up. Even when Batista won I was just sitting there with a dull look on my face. Now Chris Benoit and his fued last year with HHH and his win, now THAT was great.

Now I see what you are saying, yes Batista is over. But he is nowhere near the lines of Rock, Austin, HBK, Hogan, Kurt Angle. Nor will he ever be. Vince just knew the right time and place to turn Batista face so that the crowd will love him (for what? I dunno).

MoonZapdos, yeah I think thats how it went. Either way, it was horrible for both of them.

And yes, ROH is great.