Thread: Problem with Firefox

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Problem with Firefox

Atleast I think it's with firefox. Everytime I use a dropdown menu on a webpage, or use my bookmark menu, I get this error (screenshot attached). They start popping up like crazy sometimes. I just closed 7 of them. Anyone know what it is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sounds like a broke firefox. Try uninstalling/reinstalling, or maybe try a different version.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Sounds like a broke firefox. Try uninstalling/reinstalling, or maybe try a different version.
    I uninstalled and removed everything firefox off my computer. Re-installed and I still get it. I guess I can try an earlier version.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rather than uninstalling/reinstalling, I'd check out if the profile is corrupt or some plugin is messing it up. I don't think reinstalling would fix that. Certainly not downgrading.

You could test plugins by removing/disabling them. If that doesn't work, then you can test the profile by making a temporary user account in XP, log in there, and see if firefox still does that with the new account and clean profile. If it still does, then something more fundamental might be broken or you have a weird virus or malware installed. If not, then you'll be looking at deleting the profile in your user account and starting afresh. You might want to export your bookmarks in this case, ready to import with the new profile so you don't lose them, and maybe save plugins. The profile to delete should normally be in C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox.

Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried the temp user account thing and I didn't get any error boxes on that firefox, so I'll try removing my user account and go from there.

Edit: I don't have an "application data" folder in my main user account. :\ No idea what to do.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

theres a new firefox out try that one version 1.0.3 i think

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I was having trouble with my Firefox profile, and got help on their forum creating a new one, which was a fairly involved process. If that would help, I could possibly find the thread.