Thread: Final Fantasy Unlimited

Final Fantasy Unlimited

Ok I wasn’t sure where to put this but does anyone know if the Final Fantasy Unlimited anime series is any good? I am not sure whether or not to buy the first series on DVD just to see what its like but I wanted other people’s opinions on this first.

http://www.ffudvd.com/main.php

I am not sure if the series was show on TV at some point in life in the states or Japan but I live in the UK and I have never seen it on TV. I knew there was an anime series but never put much thought about in buying it until now.

If anyone owns the series or has seen it before, plz post.

:rolleyes2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard some negative stuff about it. I can't remember anything though.

I dunno... I thought it was ok...

Kaze rocks though...
    Anyone can rule the world if they give it the ol' college try.

I liked it, but it's really one of those things you have to see for yourself. But I liked it 'cause it spawned my favorite FF character: Makenshi. n.n He was awesome!! I suggest renting it first though.

Blog Entries

I think it's the whorst anime I've ever seen.

I liked it simply because it was a wave of nostalgia, it's not the best anime in terms of story or style but there is just something special about seeing Final Fantasy trademarks through the anime medium. Chocobos, fanfare, and summoned monsters make me feel good whether or not it's a phenomonal anime. It was definately special for me but only because I've been so close to the Final Fantasy series since I was 7 years old. If Final Fantasy isn't special to you, the anime won't be either, I can almost guarantee it.

i have the first DVD, even opend a thread like this a few months ago, if at all possible rent or borrow it, it's terrible, the music gets very annoying quickly as the good guys win a fight, the animation is terrible and the story even worse, dont get me wrong, i like FF and i like alot of manga movies, but thsi one is just so humdrum. the only good points are the chocobo eating a young girls head all the time and the strange sexual arousal as she is coverd in a GIANT watermelon.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    I liked it simply because it was a wave of nostalgia, it's not the best anime in terms of story or style but there is just something special about seeing Final Fantasy trademarks through the anime medium. Chocobos, fanfare, and summoned monsters make me feel good whether or not it's a phenomonal anime. It was definately special for me but only because I've been so close to the Final Fantasy series since I was 7 years old. If Final Fantasy isn't special to you, the anime won't be either, I can almost guarantee it.
    Of Course Final Fantasy is special to me. I can't imagine what life would be like without it. (Oh god it’s too unbearable to think of) Anyway I have order it, so it should come in the post anytime soon.

youll be dissapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Gunblades
    youll be dissapointed
    Not necessarily. People tend to have differences in what pleases them and what doesn't.

In my own case, while I don't find the Anime to be the best by any means, nor close to being the best of Final Fantasies, I enjoyed it. It was at times fun to watch and even interesting. Granted, I found that it was full of as many plotholes as VII, if not more, but it's still an interesting show to watch and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves the Final Fantasy series, as they'll find much in the way of nostalgia present. That, if for no other reason, is sound reason enough to watch it, I think. That and Chobi the Chocobo, one of the cutest characters ever to grace Final Fantasy probably.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

"Not necessarily. People tend to have differences in what pleases them and what doesn't."

wel i would never have figured that out

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched the first series. I didn't think it was anything too special or exciting.
    rawr

I think its alright, The music is reptitive and so are some of the fights, but man kaze and makenshi rock and the summons are awesome. "The Magun has thawed" that was cool. It's nothing jaw dropping but I liked it.
    You Adapt, I Evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    My thought exactly.

Meh, this series is ruined by deplorable animation, which I thought was strange for a game with the Final Fantasy title. Seriously, the animation is behind Anime from 10 years before it!

Call me what you will, that sort of thing ruins Anime/games for me.