Thread: Learning Cry in the Night

Default Learning Cry in the Night

The most difficult Blue Magic to learn in the game, to have to fight an oversouled Megtonberry...that process is a bitch to learn.
    I noticed that you can cast it on the Lady Luck 'Random Wheels' and was wondering if there was a way to tweek things to cast it on your party & if anyone has tried? Would getting the reels right & while it is loading casting confuse on the girl would she then cast it on your party? Has anyone any ideas on this?

If one of the girls gets confused after she has an attack ready, she will perform that attack as it was entered and then go into confusion. (I say this with 99% certainty)

The easiest way to get Cry In The Night is to get it for every girl at once. Walk around the Via Infinito and fight regular Tonberries, saving after every two or three. When you've fought like 8 or 9, start saving after every Tonberry fight. When a Tonberry oversouls, restart and go fight a Mega Tonberry. Equip the girls with as much magic defense as possible. If the Tonberry oversouls instead of the Mega Tonberry, restart and try again. The Mega Tonberry is actually easier oversouled than normal. Kill the Tonberry, and then start fighting the Mega Tonberry. When you get it close to 10,000 HP, switch all the girls to Gun Mage and attack again. When it goes lower than 10,000 HP, it will perform Cry In The Night. Now kill it. Now not only do you have Cry In The Night for all three girls, but you also have oversoul data for a Mega Tonberry. Yay for you.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 04-20-2005 at 08:30 PM.

Thank you for the reply & help

eh except that is a ridiculusly difficult way of goin about doing this - heres how i did it - by the time you come across mega tonberrys you will have obtained the cat nip accessory - now equip one of the girls with the gunner ds, keep her at low hp and proceed through the maze - keep the other girls equiped with dark knight ds - pump up special def as much as possible - now when u encounter a mega tonberry ( you usually have no choice but to fight it in order to proceed ) KILL THE SMALL ONE FIRST - after this the mega may oversoul - if not simply kill with trigger happy - now when you do eventually oversoul a tonberry trigger happy FIVE exact shots - Turn the other two girls into gun mages and TRY to et the gunner into gun mage ds - mega t will use Cry i t n and usually kills the gunner girl - after this move i only everhad one girl alive - if yer lucky the gunner will change ds b4 the move - if not jus repeat once more

How is that easier?