Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penelo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gullwing
    Well... is that pic telling the truth? From what the info released sounds like, they aren't brother and sister, but they could've been hiding it for some time... just to freak us out after thinking they'd be boyfriend and girlfriend... if they are siblings... maybe he'll fall in love with an NPC... or... he won't have a love insterst? Can someone translate that thing? I can read japanese but I can't understand it Xd Not that far yet.
    If Vaan's love interest is going to be an NPC, that would just kill the game entirely (I think anyway). I'm desperately hoping that that will never ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    I think if ashe does like vaans brother than I think he'll probably die and vaan would take his place or something...
    That could be a possibility - kinda reminds me of (SPOILER)Rinoa and Seifer's relationship before she started liking Squall instead

Thanks to Starry Relm for my awesome Ashe sig and ava!

THAT would just not be appropriate, but it still dosn't make sense... i know Vaan says in a trailer that he has cut communication with his familiy, but i don't see a reason why Penelo would do that. their Brother lives in a castle for crying out loud, they are not even at his wedding
    "The new Lifehouse album rocks!" -Me

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have updates on her!! Check this out!! I think she is playable!!

Quote Originally Posted by FanSite
    » Penelo
    Penelo is Vaan's girlfriend and lives in the old Dalamsca Kingdom. She is a talented singer and dancer and makes her living from her skills as well as the bazaar. Her parents were killed and she ventures with Vaan and Ashe to not only save Dalamasca Kingdom but to find out what happened to her parents.
    It says she is a Bazaar. This can be an a.k.a. for berserker. She can be a twist off of hand smaking combat with a drop of berserker rinoa. Sweet!!

http://www.ffultima.net/ff12/char.php

She looks annoying. I bet she'll be the extroverted cutesy type character.

She's very peaceful and I like her, but she looks kind of scary, but who cares! Its the inside! *dances and sings*

Fran!!! You can never beat Fran!!!!!!! MUHAAHAHA!!
    Fran Is so cool ^^

Blog Entries

XD

Dance fran dance!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    It says she is a Bazaar. This can be an a.k.a. for berserker. She can be a twist off of hand smaking combat with a drop of berserker rinoa. Sweet!!
    It says she makes her living off the bazaar, not that she is a bazaar. That wouldn't even make sense.

Blog Entries

I gotta pay attention to what I read once in a while. :laughing: Thanks kishi. I would've been a dumbass without it. Once again thanks...

Oh man... it's too tempting... That picture. Of course they look alike. He's a girl.

Maybe I just don't have the artist's unique sense of style or appreciation. But I just can't get over those boots. Or chaps. Or whatever they are. They're like swallowing her up. It creeps me out ^_^

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

They make her feet look tiny and bound like in the good old days of China.

Who knows? Maybe we will get to see what would've happened if Tidus and Rikku got together. But I doubt it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Everyone in FFXII has stupid amounts of armour on their legs, her included. They oughta get a military historian to advise their designers...

But meh. We'll find out the truth about Penelo in a year or so, when FFXII finally gets released.[q=ZeZipster]She looks annoying. I bet she'll be the extroverted cutesy type character.[/q]Seeing as her parents were killed, I'd hope she's somewhat sober and somber. Or at least multi-faceted.

Whoever Penelo is, her character design is very good (as any other character in XII - except for Fran, but I'm not into Vieras...), she looks cute, and we'll at least have a chance to see her fighting with different weapons (I don't know if it matters to you, but I'm glad I'll be able to have two girls using rapiers and spears instead of only staves and rods...).

So, yes, I'm expecting her to be a great character, just like Ashe. It'll be hard to decide who I'm gonna keep in my main party...

About the relationship: as was stated before, love won't be the "main focus" of the game. That's a downside, in my opinion. But as long as there are great characters and a plot (that makes sense, that is), I'm getting this game. But if Penelo and Vaan are going to have a relationship, please, PLEASE, don't let them find out later they're siblings. If they start as brother and sister, again, PLEASE, don't make them start having a relationship in the middle of the game. That plot is too predictable. If Square-Enix is trying to shock us by being so predictable, looks like the new generation of games will suffer from an illness: lack of originality.

Personally I prefer the design of Penelo above Ashe's. I think she has that undefined 'uniqeness' and serenity over her that (I think) Ashe lacks.

What a potential loveinterest for Vaan goes, my money is on Penelo. My two arguments for this is:
    1. Penelop is apparantly a close friend to Vaan. And as far my knowledge goes, it's typical for Japanese storytelling to favor the close (childhood) friend love-relation above others. Previous Final Fantasy installments to back this up is the love interest between Cloud and Tifa in FFVII.
    2. The age differences favours a Vaan/Penelop love interest (Vaan:17, Penelop: 16, Ashe: 19). Since Ashe is two years older then Vaan, I find it more unlikely for her to be Vaan's love interest as opposed to Penelo. However, the opposite has been proven before (FFVII) where Aeris/Aerith is 1 year older than Cloud (Cloud: 21, Aeris/Aerith: 22). Then again, most of us knows how the Aeris/Aerith-Cloud-Tifa love-triangle goes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Everyone in FFXII has stupid amounts of armour on their legs, her included.
    hey it's kind of a first. I never seen a FF where you get to change leg armor. That's if that accessable in this game..