Thread: MEGA!MAN!X!8!

Default MEGA!MAN!X!8!

No unmarked spoilers please.

I just got this game today and I'm loving it! X4-X7 have all been various degrees of disapointing, but this game is great, I love the double teams, the tag teams, the assists, multiple weapons, items, the good cut scenes, and no men sounding like girls.

The best part is I got it at Best Buy for only $20, when it's $40 everywhere else.

GO GET THIS GAME FOOLS!

This new set-up for Megaman games are not that good to me

I absolutly hate the Megaman X series. I much rather pfreffer MM1-9. Those are the best that capcom has to offer.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed Mega Man X8. While I won't agree with you about X4 being disappointing, I will agree that X5-X7 have sucked.

X8 isn't as good as X-X4, but it's a step in the right direction. I'm glad to see they cut out that BS 3D from X7, and only stuck it in special vehicular controlled areas in X8 (although I'd prefer it be done away with 100%)

Most people are excited to see the return of a popular Mega Man X villain that has been missing in action, but I'm not much a fan of his.

The Double-Team aspect is great, it has saved my life numerous times during the hyper section of boss fights. That's another thing I love. Bosses have varying degrees of difficulty depending on how weak they are. Mega Man X3 had something similar to this, but it is expanded upon in X8. Bosses become tough at 50% of their max HP, and they become desperate at 25-30%.

The story still isn't very special, but it's better than any of the previous X installments. Drawing reference to Milton is clever, although I really didn't see how it fit in with the story.

The Mavericks are still ridiculous and forgettable. The post-game stages are extremely cool, especially the very last level. And the final set of battles in this game are on par with the headache inducing war with Sigma at the end of X4 (ridiculously hard, if you need help then ask me).

Overall, I'd give X8 a 7.75/10. It's not one of the best X games, but it is a step in the right direction.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I've mostly heard good things about it. Figure I'll check it out someday. I'm much more interested in it than I am in X7, at least, due to the removal of "that BS 3D."

X5 was better than X4, though.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

X6 was the best!! Then X5. Then X4. The new megaman is crap...

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> If this one isnt 3D like x7, I gonna buy it..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    X6 was the best!!
    Everything I've ever read about X6 has made it abundantly clear the the game is absolutely infuriatingly badly-made in every way.

I love every megaman game and it sucks that i´ve never played x4-x8

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Well, X7 and X8 are easy enough to find, and Mega Man X Collection, which will apparently contain X1-6, should be coming out sometime this year.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Quote Originally Posted by crash26821
    X6 was the best!!
    Everything I've ever read about X6 has made it abundantly clear the the game is absolutely infuriatingly badly-made in every way.
    Haha lol. Well thats my oppinion. And are you serious about that collection comming out this year??

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Well, it was announced a while ago, and with all the new systems coming out pretty soon, I wouldn't expect it to be released any later.

I thought Mega Man X8 was a great game. My main hope was for the game to be difficult. If you play it on hard difficulty from the start, you will be quite satisfied. Some of the stage design is annoying (ie. GigaVolt Man-O-War), but nothing even close to as bad as the trash compactor level in Mega Man X6. It took me about a month and a half to finish the game on the hardest difficulty.

Also, I was glad to see the return of Vile. Dark Mantis was also a cool Maverick. The rest....not so much, but they were challenging battles nonetheless.