Thread: >> La Pucelle Tactics..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> La Pucelle Tactics..

>>> Im planning to buy this game..
    For those who played it, I would like to hear their experience with the game, good or bad? or why I should/shouldnt buy it..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I really want to buy this. This looks like an interesting take on tactical RPGs, which I love bestest. Check some reviews on teh interweb or in mags. They'll tell you about it.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Have you checked out Disgaea or Phantom Brave? They're both fairly similar, I believe, coming from Nippon Ichi.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I have heard La Pucelle is a prequel of Disgaea, but Im not interested on Disgaea, yet..
    I read this at Suikox, and why Suikoden fans would like this game. Thats why Im interested on it.

Yah, it's very easy to tell that they came from Nippon Ichi, mostly because the art style is so similar. I think they're trying to brink back 2-D graphics, which is awesome in my opinion.

Ive got Disgaea, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave
    There all good to me
    Phantom Brave is my fav though
    I wouldnt get La Pucelle now as you havent got Disgaea yet. Disgaea is a simplier version and will get you started and know the controls and such. La Pucelle is good but worst out of them all.

But wouldn't playing La Pucelle first make you happier when you play the other two?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Disgaea is a good game and Nippon Ichi seems to be solid, so La Pucelle looks good. I can't find it anywhere though, so I can't tell you if it's good.

I heard Shining Tears was very bad, though.

La Pucelle isn't a prequel. It was made first. It was merely localized second, after they realized how accepting people were of Dsigaea they figured we might want to check out the first game. And I think Mastiff did a really good job. Though so did Atlus. I have to say Nippon Ichi has a wonderful style. But I couldn't keep playing La Pucelle. If you like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle, then you'll most likely want this game. Especially if you like quirky lovable characters. The plots aren't nearly as ... serious? A lot of the game is funny with only serious undertones. Very anime. I honestly couldn't keep playing, because I can't stand the FFT style. Battle after battle after battle. Having to replay battles and stuff. I can't stand that. The plot points were too few and too far between. I actually liked watching the antics of the characters and running around towns talking to people. But the battles kept interfering. And there were always a ton per sequence... Got way too drawn out. Fighting 5 or so battles before anything happens gets kinda boring to me.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't stand the FFT style.
    INFIDEL!

Seriously though, I love the Tactics style. Nippon Ichi is the rising star in strategy games, so to speak, so if you dislike the style then I imagine the games just aren't for you.

LoL Honestly I wish I knew what people SAW in that style. I'd LIKE to appreciate it. But like I said. Battle after battle after battle, then a little plot, then 5-10 more battles... BORING. I need plot. A lot more plot. Add a little between EVERY battle and I'd be so much more satisfied. But an even bigger problem I have with FFT is the experience gaining. You almost HAVE to repeat every battle in order get strong enough to walk through the next battle. As if tons of battles in a row isn't enough. They have to each be repeated. It totally kills me. I go insane. Seriously. Just can't cut it.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I find the style of battle inherently fun. I love the way it's set up, possibly because I just like strategy gaming where you have to pay attention to where you move and what you do. Plot is a good thing, and I demand plot from all games that want to hold my attention (either that or a really, REALLY great play style). Tactics had a very involved plot, as did Disgaea, if you find the battles fun, as did I, then it really isn't that bad at all. FFT is one of the few games I ENJOY leveling up in.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> FFT is probably the most addictive Final Fantasy.
    If La Pucelle is FFT like, then there is no way its a bad game..

Deffinitely not a bad game. I certainly didn't come here to bash it or FFT. Just wanted to draw the parallels, while stating that I don't care for the style, I know others do and should probably like both games. Strategy games to me were the old Shining Force games. Too much going on in the newer ones... But yeah. Seriously an excellent game if you like that kinda stuff.