Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Avril Lavigne

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I can't stop laughing at that.

So, I went and looked at the CDs which my sister happens to own.

In "Let Go", there is no mention of WHO wrote the lyrics and songs, trying to hide something are we?

In "Under the Skin" it's all "Avril Lavigne & 'someone or other'".

Besides, if she did write anything, it would only be the lyrics and they're pretty disgustingly terrible and angsty anyway.

I can't believe she compared herself to Sid Vicous.....

ROTFL

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Maybe Avvy will go on a herione binge and not remember if she killed her lover too. *Hopes*

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Well I mean she's just plain idiotic as a person too. Once in a magazine she said something like "Look at Shakira. How the hell did she get a record deal? Like, she can't even speak English omgz!" >___>

At first I didn't mind her. I thought she was even on the "ok" side. BUt after reading all the utter crap that spews out of her mouth and hearing the lyrics to Sk8er Boi (along with the title spelling), I pretty much developed this...piece of my dying soul dedicated to polting her defeat.

I mean a handful of her music is semi-standable, but frankly, that's not what pisses me off about her...it's her whole "omgz i am like, totally punk! and everyone else is like, total posers! ZOMGF THERE'S HANSON MUST GET AUTOGRAPH!@11".

I remember on MTV2 I saw an interview between her and Giddeon Yego about her breakout song that made her famous, "Complicated", and she said the song was about people "being fake". I laugh everytime I think about it.

But I don't think anything she's said managed to make me laugh as much as "I grew up on the mean streets of Canada". XD
    I like Kung-Fu.

She actually said that? "I grew up on the mean streets of Canada?" O_o

*dies*

Oh, wait.. *comes back to life*

On behalf of all Canadians everywhere, I'd like to apologize for Avril Lavigne.

...mean streets of Canada... sheesh.....

EDIT: Well, wait.... was she being sarcastic when she said that? PLEASE tell me she was being sacastic. Someone can't be that lame/stupid, can they? I mean, Canada doesn't exactly have MEAN streets when compared to the rest of the world. Or hell, even just to the States.
    Last edited by Camanche; 04-25-2005 at 02:38 PM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

im assumin most of the things she says are sarcasm or intended to get a rise out of people, and look, i think its working

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    I think she's fake and that's about all there is to it. The music isn't awful, but the lyrics are terribly juvinile. I also have little to no respect for "artists" who just sing what and how they're told by those who manufacture them.

I probably wouldn't mind her nearly as much if it weren't for the fact that she seems to think she's punk. I felt bad having to explain to sixth graders who thought she was punk and that they were punk for liking her that they are, by all definitions of the label, not punk. They looked sad. xD

If I was at my own computer I'd link to an old article on her that I found interesting...

*Googles "Avril Sucks"*

It's the first thing that came up. xD

http://www.recroommagazine.com/articles/avril.htm

:<3: Marry me?!

Everything Shlup said...and MORE. She's such a poser. How often can one say that she's a punk and act like a hormonal little kid?! >=/ AND I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES OF HER WEARING THAT STUPID PINK SKIRT IN HER VIDEOS. For such a punky, rocker, sk8er chick she sure likes her pink skirts. :rolleyes2
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Not At All Reno
    im assumin most of the things she says are sarcasm or intended to get a rise out of people, and look, i think its working
    I wish I could believe that. =/
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Because as much as I hate Britney, since she can't sing either (she practically TALKS in her songs), at least she doesn't pretend to be something she's not. I'm sure she KNOWS she's an entertainer and not a talented singer.

"Virgin" "Slut" "Lesbian" "Married woman" "Poor girl hounded by the media"

Also, why is everyone portraying anyone who likes Avril Lavigne(or anyone else they want to look down on, but that's not the point right now) as someone who types like a retard? The few people who like her here can type and use some grammar! So stfu, it's just stupid, there are just as many stupid kids typing like idiots about what a whore she is on anti sites as there are typing about how much of a punk rocker she is on pro sites.

Kane, there's like, two or three people saying that. It's hardly everyone.

Did people touch a nerve and are you secretly and Avril fan, or are you just feeling bitter and random?

Ive always enjoyed her music and probably will continue to. I like light watered down genres of anything so she suits me perfectly. She wrote very little if anything on her first album which was all pop except for the odd song. The second album was mostly her writings which you can easily recognise because of how god awful they are. I mean seriously. Its like an eight year old re-writing evanescense. The *ANGST* is so forced in every song. If you like rock pop you can enjoy the songs. What can I say. The songs sound good. Ive always liked her voice.

My one major dislike of both her and Ashlee Simpson are the huge and pathethic ordeals they make of trying to come off as anything other than pop or to rephrase it, to come off as rock/punk. The both make huge attempts to be these brilliantly "deep" music artists. Sorry ladies, you aint that deep. Apparently being deep includes slagging Britney Spears. One thing I will ALWAYS respect Britney for regardless of what I think of her music is that she can do her job and shes damn good at it. Though theyve probably improved both those artists love to sing live and from my expierience with Avril and Ashlee theyre both desperate live singers. Funny enough that ties in with what I was saying about them both trying to be deep. *COUGHsnlCOUGH*

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Poseur. Cough.

I don't like her. I did like her first CD when I was in highschool, but I'm not in highschool anymore.

You can like her, that's fine by me.

Calling herself the Sid Vicious of this generation is laughable and just proves not only the fact that she's a hack, but that she has no knowledge whatsoever of the history she claims to embrace.

Dimmkah, that mp3 is the most hilariousest thing ever.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I think Avril is a good singer.I can't say that i liked her first disc,but the songs Nobody's Home and Happy Ending from her second disc made me like her.I believe she has a good voice and she is very yound and has achieved lot of things.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by eden knight
    I think Avril is a good singer.I can't say that i liked her first disc,but the songs Nobody's Home and Happy Ending from her second disc made me like her.I believe she has a good voice and she is very yound and has achieved lot of things.
    Those two songs were written by ex-member(s) of Evanescence, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye

Those two songs were written by ex-member(s) of Evanescence, actually.
    Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Avril sings them..And they weren't written totally by them..

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity