Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars! Lets hope all MMORPGs go this way!

Guild Wars! Lets hope all MMORPGs go this way!

Guild Wars!

YAY! ^_^ Guild Wars is comming out in a few days! (on the 28th)

I can't wait to get it! And I wonder how many people here are thinking about getting it!?

For those that don't know, Guild Wars is an MMORPG, cept a lot more! lol
    Here's a few reviews for you if you'd like to see them lol:
    Hands On
    Hands On 2
    Guild Wars New Technology
    Beautiful Graphics

This game will be one of the few MMORPGs that won't have a monthly fee or anything to play it! All you need to do is buy the game itself, then your all set!
    Also, no longer will you have to sit through updates every week to get new content! No, the team at ArenaNet have come up with a new technology for this! The game will stream updates to you as you play, and it will do so without lagging your game down!
    The guys at ArenaNet used to work for Blizzard, makers of the popular Starcraft and Warcraft series.

Do you hate kill stealers? Well Guild Wars has come up with quest areas where you/or your party are alone to finish quests without interference! Good old multiplayer areas are still plentiful, and there is still PVP.
    Which reminds me! Those of you that like PVP, there are huge tournaments in GW, that promise great prizes if you win!

I haven't even mentioned game play. Supposedly, the new battle style of Guild Wars will make it simple enough for a new player to battle a seasoned player, and still make battles interesting and strategic! There are over 400 different skills!

The game looks soo beautiful! The landscapes are fully detailed, and even the grass is realtime! Lighting is perfect and realistic! Plus the monsters in the game looks soo awesome! lol
    And the game isn't just for those with top of the line computers either, it will work on PIII Win98 with only 256ram!

If you'd like more information, on jobs, skills, screenshots/movies/trailers ect, go to the Guild Wars website! ^_~ There is a lot of stuff worth reading about this game, that I don't need to post right now!

Anyone else hyped up about this game? =3 I'm so excited, its probably not healthy! XD I think I'm to hyper to come up with a more well put together post...lol
    Last edited by Daggers64; 04-26-2005 at 05:46 AM.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

More lives will be lost to the MMORPG empire.

I don't find this game too attractive. But, whatever flows ya' boat.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

wat kindf of weapond are there?LIke guns and bombs and that stuff or swords and staffs and magic?

edit: nvm, i looked.Anways, from the looks of the game and wat ive seen i want this game.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Blog Entries

Yeah I've been waiting for this game to come out for 8 or 9 months now. I'm so pissed that it's comming out and I have no computer/internet/money right now I should just go off myslef.

Well, me and a few friends are going to get this game. It's really great, and the PvP is really fun. I played during the second last beta weekend, and I was hooked on the game. My friend said it improved a lot on the last beta weekend, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

Maybe we can play together when it comes out, sometime.

lol

I just found out about the collector addition!! I want that!
    Its got a special in game item, that gives you an aura! and extra stuff in the box! XD Like an art book and a headset, and some other cool stuff. XD
    Last edited by Daggers64; 04-27-2005 at 07:10 AM.

Sounds interesting. No monthly pay? Brilliance.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

YAY ^__^ I got the collectors edition now!

I'm so glad I know the guys a my gamestop! The game isn't supposed to be available to non-preorders until tomorrow! Today was the shipping date, and thus only preorders we supposed to have it. LOL

Still I can't play until tonight at 12:01am but meh! ^__^ I can't beleive I got it early!

I love this art book and sound track! and how awesome is an included free headset from logitech! XD

hmmm *thinks about what job class to be* Elementalist-Ranger or visversa... or maybe an Elementalist-Mesmer/visversa whatever looks cooler! XD

Fun with no money! My type of game!
    Except for the buying part! Anyone wanna donate to the help Kamiko lay around and still get cool games fund?

Tôi đói.

Doesn't look that good and the only thing it means to me is.....even fewer players on DAoC now.

Blog Entries

It looks about as cool, if not cooler than WOW....and its from the same people too, so it must be good! Do hunters have pets? I play WOW at someone elses house because my puter's a dinosaur. it has a 4 mg video card...i might as well replace it with a graham cracker and it would do about as much good. anyway, i have a pet on wow and I just wuv my kitty he's my best friend Id hate to give up the pet thing. and no monthly fee you say? thats pretty convincing in itself. too bad my puter's a pile

wow is a very cool game.Ivew alwys wanted it and to be a nightelf hunter.NIght elfs are cool cause they fky hippogryphs, and they ride panthers.
    Anyways Daggers, ranger-elemenatlist sounds cooler.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

I got the Collector's Edition too, I think.. o_o

Mine comes with a bow, so I decided to get that, since I'm going to be a Ranger.

hmmm O_o what collector edition did you get? the one on Gamestop's site?

I got mine from in the store, without preordering... and it came with headset, hardcover artbook, soundtrack, 3 months free voice chat teamspeak... and a cool in game item that gives me some kind of Divine Aura.

And for those of you that dont think this game looks that good... you need to look at more videos and screens... its better than WoW... plus it uses a completely new graphics engine and new lighting engine...

I wont be able to try it until 2 am here... cause thats when the server opens...
    I hope my computer can play the game on FULL detail! ^_^;