Thread: Gamecube rom help

Default Gamecube rom help

I am in dire need of the Wario ware rom for gamecube. My brother wont stop bugging me until I get it . If someone has it, or know where to find it, that would be very helpful!
    God Loves Variety

Buy it.

you can stick gamecube disc's in the comp . well even so it would be much better to get it for free
    God Loves Variety

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even if you could get it, how would you play it? Aren't gamecube discs some funny size and density or something?
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To cl: They're just mini DVDs, which fit in the inner rim of your tray.
    To Chef: First, you'd have to get the DVD ISO, which is likely to be a few hundred megs. Then you'll have to get a Gamecube emulator, which (last I heard) are nonexistant, and if there is one that works, chances are its unstable or hard to use. Either that, or get a DVD burner and a mini DVD to burn it to and mod your GC, or get the GC ethernet adapter, get a copy of PSO for GC, get either an ethernet crossover cable or a switch, find the GC network exploit files, then put it all together and get it to work.

In short: Piracy is wrong.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

They are 1.5 GB (approximately) discs developed by matsushita that resemble small DVD discs. (650 nm laser)

You can put them in a standard DVD-ROM drive which will recognize them as 2.00GB discs with no files on them.

To emulate a gamecube game, you need an emulator and a BOIS image. Most emulators are perfectly legal. ALL BIOS images are illegal. (unless you legally own a gamecube)

Woah.... Im just talking about a rom u download on the internet... And i have a gamecube emulator and works fine.
    God Loves Variety

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I would guess that not many sites illegally share 1.5 GB disc images.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Which emulator are you using? Even Dolphin only runs ten or so games while still remaining playable. Have you actually tested it on anything?

Are you sure you don't mean the Gameboy Advance Wario...?

*yawn*

I have tested dolphin on many games and they work. And I tried to find the gameboy advance wario. But that is annoying having to vote on all those sites-.- If you could find that rom that would be nice
    God Loves Variety

Uh honestly my quests have only ever been about foreign games, and ones no longer on the market. Or both. But first I have to note that CD-based games are ripped as ISOs. That's what confused me. ROMs are ripped cartridges. And sites that offer ISO games for download usually require you to be a paid member in order to cover the huge amounts of bandwidth it'd take to offer files those size to the public.

For one, GameCube games are written backwards... they won't use an ISO 9660 filesystem either, they get their own extention, GCM. Secondly, Gamecube emulators are more than availible. Have a look at Dolphin and Dolwin. Nextly asking where to find illegal images of games is well... illegal, and the admins of this community can get fined a very generous sum. I highly advise against the distribution of illegal material, especially on a console as cheap as the Gamecube. If they made a game so good your little brother HAS to have it, don't you think they seserve to be paid for making it in the first place? This is exactly what people did to Sega... and look at them now... Do you wish the same to happen to Nintendo? Good bye innovation...

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

You could find it on EFnet. Though nobody really likes to share ISOs that big unless they're in Sweden or Japan where is $0.50 a month for 20Mbit connections. You're better off looking for the GBA game.

But only if you own the original for the corresponding system.
    If not, and it's that great a game, why not buy it? It can't be more than $US100.

Try finding it on a bittorrent site (like suprnova's new one).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."