Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of a newb ...

Isnt your enfeeble magic capped at a certain lvl for BLM and cannot be higher? I am pretty sure thats the case, and i dont know if the Magic ATK Bonus Stacks with BLMs, some say it does and some doesnt...most say it doesnt. Phalanx i dotn konw much about besides when you get aggro with AM..which i hope most people dont use. O_o

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Well since everyone is already talking about n00bish questions I thought I might ask my own questions wich are at least as n00bish.

Ok when you see certain weapons/armor/earings/rings/etc and they have a small picture of a tornado or something with a nuber next to it what does that mean?

Visit My Home page by clicking on my sig.

The elemental resistance it gives you.

So if you see Tornado 4 there, look at Equip and look at the green dot under your equip, it will b 4 assuming theres no other gear with Tornados in them. You will take less damage to Wind spells and other Wind related things.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Oh cool I didn't have a clue.

hmmm, aggro w/ ancient magic and phalnx? i dunno about that..... just fought fenrir, stunned his 2-hr :P that was awesome!

Thumbs up

wow, fulmonty
    that's one heck of a pickle
    thanks for your advice, I'll keep it all in mind !

anyone have an answer to my mini games question ?
    Meh.

Mini games include:

Ballista - pay gil to do PvP with special rules.
    Fishing - Tug fish left and right to wear it down and then press enter to fish up fishie and other goodies.
    Lucky Lady(or whatever) - pay 100 gil, he rolls die with 1-6 and if the running total is over 400(i think) you get 10K gil, if you hit certain ammounts you get more. Not that great.
    Crafting COULD be one...
    Clamming - Get clams in Bibiki Bay areas and hopefully get something...gauge how much you can clam and dont break bucket.

Many Events that pop up during the year like right now is Feast of the Swords, you get wooden katana and try to whack a fleeing armor enemy at lvl 1 cap and get little prizes like things you eat to turn you to a male kid of whatever race or a stronger version of that Katana.

Tetra Master is extra although i would love to get that in the game somehow....1 buck extra to play.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

1 buck extra each month ?
    can you change during play time, or do you choose in the beginning only ?

hmmm, I might do it, but I'd rather just level my character instead of trying to get all cards or something
    Meh.

the new ballista area is awesome! dio-something ghelsba rox! no more waiting for uncapped matches to start, no more spending gil on chocobos trying to get to the herald before entry time runs out..... IM LOVIN' IT!

Quote Originally Posted by rpg_player_type_4
    1 buck extra each month ?
    can you change during play time, or do you choose in the beginning only ?

hmmm, I might do it, but I'd rather just level my character instead of trying to get all cards or something
    Well the thing is, Tetra Master is seperate from FFXI. It's just an extra game on PlayOnline, so you don't actually play it in FFXI. People say it's not even worth it. But if you want to, you can sign up to it whenever.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmonty
    no more spending gil on chocobos trying to get to the herald before entry time runs out..... IM LOVIN' IT!
    You know you can talk to a Pursuivant in any main city to teleport to the match, right?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

oh so it's not like you can challange other people in Vana Diel to a Tetra Masters duel or anything ...
    too bad, I would've been interested, but if it's seperated I can just play TripleTriadAdvanced or something for free

It seems I'm running low on questions ...
    Oh wait, I got another 1

What's this "hate" THF's use, and which other classes can use it ?
    I don't even know if it is the THF that uses it :rolleyes2
    Meh.

Well it is a theif that uses it but I don't know what it is even though I am a theif.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade135
    Well it is a theif that uses it but I don't know what it is even though I am a theif.
    LOL, so much for knowledge
    Meh.

hmmm... the hate i think you are talking about is how much hate a charatcter has, anything a player does to a monster draws hate. The trick is to keep hate on a "tank" type character, like a Paladin or Ninja. Whichever player has the most hate is the one that tha mob will attack. What i think you are asking about is what you may have heard about a thiefs sneak attack(LVL15) and trick attack(LVL30) abilities. Sneak attack by itself does not help put hate on the tank, it only scores a critical hit when you are behind the monster, dealing huge damage. When a thief hits level 30 Sneak attack becomes more useful because they gain the ablility Trick attack, which makes the mob "Think" if you will, that the person that the thief is standing behind dealt the blow. If i lost you heres a scenario, a warrior provokes a mob so that it looks at him, a paladin will stand behind the mob and a thief behind him, when the thief used sneak attack, it made him score a critical hit since he is behind the mob, and since he used trick attack, it made the mob think that the person in front of him dealt the blow, so the paladin will get the hate instead of the thief. I hope you can understand, its hard to explain it withough actually seeing it over and over many times lol. Hope this helps explain how a thief can dump hate onto people.