Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of a newb ...

A question of a newb ...

Hehe, as the topic title says, I have a probably very newbish question.
    Now I mostly play PS games and I never had experience with these before, so I'd better find out someday ... how about now

Now here goes: what are expansion packs ?

My guess is that they the complete game, but with all updates from that point already put in the disc.
    However something tells me, you need more then just an expansion to play ...

Hey, once again, we were all a newb 1 day
    Meh.

expansion packs add new monsters,npcs,and events but they dont enclude the actual game you need the game to play and the expansions if you want more areas and monsters in short you need the actual game to play the expansion just adds on

and "you spoony bard" was from ff IV/II
    Last edited by Lich3636; 05-07-2005 at 02:47 AM.
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The game is the regular game, the expansion is an add-on. Optional. Like getting toppings on pizza.

Expansion packs are add-ons that are not mandatory, they take the original game to "the next step."
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Thumbs up

Okay, so I buy the game and then buy all the expansions for the best gameplay ...
    Thanks for clearing that up for me
    too bad, I was hoping to save some €'s ... oh well.

And thanks for clearing that quote of Tellah, yeah it's FFIV all right.
    My mistake
    Meh.

In Europe and Australia, both the expansions come with the game already. =) I think it's Japanese version you need to buy both expansions seperate, and American you buy just the newer expansion.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Grin

Really !!!

WH000T

Omecle, once again, you made my day

Now for another 3 questions that are very newbish to everyone on this forum:

Is it possible to try out every job class out there (by trying out I mean at least to lvl 40) with the leveling speed or not.

Does your character level himself, or does only the job level (as in only Job levels, or a character level and a job level)

And: What's the best SUB for Black Mage (that wasn't known when I was here back in the days )
    Last edited by rpg_player_type_4; 04-29-2005 at 05:28 PM.
    Meh.

Well firstly, the best subjob for a BLM is WHM (and 'maybe' SMN, but if you're going Tarutaru it wouldn't matter I don't think).

You can change your main and subjob whenever you feel like it. =) So it is possible to get every single job to level 40 (although will take a little bit of time). I'd suggest just leveling your first main and sub to level 40 and see how things go.

Don't be afraid to try out new jobs though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I disagree with SMN..no Cures and -na spells really really hurt...SMN is only for the party that never screws up...and thats like..unheard of. Dont underestimate the power of Cure.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Ok, I'm mainly going for BM, unless something else comes along that stuns me when trying others out ...

but um ... about SMN as a sub, shouldn't it be SMN main with BM sub ?
    IDK, I've never played the game, I'll try WM first

and what about my leveling question.
    I'm asking this because I need to know if you keep your character HP when switching job levels ... and if so, which 1 gets the best stats generally ...

Also, does you Sub level with you or do you have to switch it as your main for it to get Exp ?

I keep forgetting asking you these questions on MSN Omecle
    Meh.

Your subjob will always be half of your main job. But you have to level up your subjob seperately (does not level while you level your main).

A good way you could go is level White Mage up to 20, do the subjob quest, and then level Black Mage (main) / White Mage (sub) up. Your subjob will be half of your main job, but once your main job goes over level 40, your subjob (WHM) will stay at level 20.

You're jobs are seperate to your character, so each one starts at level 1, but you can change them around whenever you feel like it, and they will stay at the same level you left it.

Thumbs up

ok, so if you switch jobs your HP and every stat goes back to base.

Can you switch during a battle (for ex. from WM to WAR if you run out of MP)
    Meh.

SMN/BLM is reletively weak and useless because Blood Pacts(your Avatar special moves) is a 1 minute downtime before you can use again, a WHM sub will help you during that downtime. A BLM sub cannot hurt anything because its power is half your level.

Each job and race has a base, if you switch jobs say to a WHM but you already lvled it to 20, you will go to lvl 20 WHM even if you have say a lvl 60 SMN.

You can only switch at a nation's Mog House or in a town's Nomad Moogle.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

okay, thanks Lionx
    that pretty much answered everything I wanted to know about the classes ...

God I want this game so bad >_<
    -----

Okay, for another question (I'm really bored :rolleyes2 and I want to know)

Which minigames are in the game ? I've heard of something called balista or something but I don't know anything about it, also wasn't that card game of FFIX back in here (something with Tetra I think ...)
    Last edited by rpg_player_type_4; 05-03-2005 at 11:45 AM.
    Meh.

ok this is coming from a 75 BLM, this is how it works, up untill you ge the second RDM fast cast job ability you should sub /WHM that way you can back up heal if needed. I actually went all the way to 75 with /WHM. Now i know you are a noob so maybe you should save this post because if you dont understand it now you will later and it might be helpful. here goes... At 75 in parties: i sub /RDM for (Fast Cast) (Dispel) (Gravity) (Phalnyx) (Higher Magic ATK Bonus) (Higher Enfeeble Magic). At 75 for Dynamis: i sub /WHM for basically one thing... (Curaga) (Curaga II) BLM get hit a lot in dynamis and its good not to have to rely on another person when there are 64 in one area. Lastly for gods: i sub /SMN, this is because the way we set up parties is that 2 tanks, a bard or RDM and 3 BLM/SMN are in one party, when you have summoner subbed you can call Garuda and use her ability: Ariel Armor on the party, which will absorb 3 hits at random, with 3 BLM/SMN you are able to keep blinks up on the tanks which absorbs a LOT of hits and saves a LOT of MP, and still get your stuns off in your stun order with the rest of the alliance (since pretty much all a BLM job is in a god fight is stun, it helps keep you busy). This is how I DO THIS!! i cannot stress enough that you need to play how you feel comfortable, not how others play. But i have found that this works best for me, BLM/RDM for parties, BLM/WHM for dynamis, and BLM/SMN for God fights. There is a lot more to BLM than just blowing [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] up all the time, its a fun job, but it can be very challenging till you get used to it. If you want you can come to my server and ill coach you on all you need to know about BLM, I am prety rich also so i could hook you up with some good gear to get started w/ too. post back here if you need a WP if you havent already started. Hope you read all this and it helped. =)