Page 1 of 19 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst character of all time

The worst character of all time

I was wondering what people think is the worst character of all time in an FF.

I think that the worst character is Cait Sith. No real reason, just that he is sad, and i don't like the idea of a walking stuffed robot!
    Last edited by Necron; 04-30-2005 at 03:02 PM.

I liked Cait Sith. Steiner, Eiko and Amarant however....

Eiko I agree should have been burned at the stake at the Madin Sari Witch Trials centuries ago.

Amarant I think was there because Square couldn't think of any other interesting character so they put him in.

Yeah they both were some of the worst but there are many out there, just like Cait Sith...

I do also think that Amarant was pretty pointless, as he doesn't really take part in the story at all, and barely says anything
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Necron; 04-29-2005 at 09:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Aeris.

Actually, I dind't mind her at the end, but in the beginning, man....

Yeah she bugged me at first too. Talk about desperate...

Yuna. Go ahead, burn me at the stake. I hated Yuna and I can't help it. She annoyed me to no end. She was generous to the point of stupidity. I also really hated Edge. Both of those characters were the most annoying characters ever to me. I actually liked all of the ones you guys are mentioning. Aeris, Eiko, and Cait Sith were all favorites of mine. Amarant was okay too. Guess I'm just weird.

Has anyone ever noticed that strange noise Yuna makes. I'm not sure if its a grunt or an exclamation of surprise? Anyone?
    Last edited by Y-Rikku-P; 04-29-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Every character in Final Fantasy X-2 annoyed me aside from a very, very select few, but Yuna outranks them all.

Aside from her, I really disliked Tifa. Vincent comes in a distant third, only because of Dante Syndrome. (I know, technically he came first, but it doesn't mean he can't have the syndrome or star in his own game because he has long black hair, a cape, and a "badass" attitude.)

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Vincent doesn't have a badass attitude.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cid from ff4. *ignores your rule*

Final Fantasy X-2 could have been a really good game, if it wasn't for the intolerable personalities of the following characters (due, in part, to a terrible english script...or so I would like to believe).

1. Brother: There's something about a tatooed, uneducated Neanderthal that really annoys the hell out of me.

2. Rikku: They ruined her character in this game by making her too childish, yet at the same time giving her a more, err, mature appearance.

3. Shira: He took my dress sphere...enough said. I also didn't like the FF7 referance.

4. Shuyin: They could have made this guy really cool and evil, but in the end he turned out to be as much as a git as Tidus was...

5. Leblanc: Oh god, another antagonist that turned out to be a not-so-bad-after-all character. Her line annoyed me as well.

I could rant about how X-2 ruined Yuna's personality as well, but I get the feeling I'm getting off topic.

So to summarize, I would probably consider Brother the worst character of all time, followed closely by Leblanc. I've never really had a problem with any other contempery FF characters, just those in X-2.

Vincent is cool.
    I like him mainly because there is a mystery about his character.
    i don't really like headmaster cid from 8. He is just wierd, and there is no headmaster out there like that. Get back to reality!

Does anyone like yuna at all?

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    Does anyone like yuna at all?
    Yuna was a reasonably well developed character in FFX, despite her rather monotonous personality. Unfortunately, Square decided to change her personality for FFX-2 (personal growth my ass), transforming her into a stereotypical arrogant protagonist (AKA Tidus).

Yuna was fine the way she was. Changing her personality made her painful to listen to.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yuna was often bothersome in FFX, but she was all right overall. And I don't think her character changed in any unnatural way between FFX and FFX-2.