Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Faith of Jedi

Default The Faith of Jedi

To be a "Jedi Knight" is recognized as following an actual faith !
    Apparently , the Faith of Jedi is right up there with Christianity,Islam,Hinduism etc.

May the Force be with y'all !

i wish to join this religion!

xP~ I hate Star Wars, actually... =(

Whom do they pray to? Yoda?

I'm very curious as to their belief systems and structure because I find it a bit hard to believe that something created out of a movie would come to be an accepted religion. Though, then again, there is Scientology, so perhaps this isn't so far-fetched.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

On the 2001 census, Jedi is my official religion. I heard about it on the news and I thought "Hey, if I can help something as random as that become an official religion, why not?" What religious faith I am is none of the government's business.

i remember when that cencus thing that went round a few years ago. all my friends put our relighion as jedi!
    if there was a certain amount of people putting it then it became a real religion!

psy beat me to it!
    *shakes fist*

Trust No one

I love Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/jedi.htm

Jedi can not become an "official" or "real" religion, because there is no such thing as an "official" or "real" religion. :rolleyes2

Where do I join

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion,
    I watched seabeams glittering at Tanhauser Gate.
    All these moments will be lost, like tears in rain.
    Time to die.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by omnitarian
    False information fine? I'd like to see the Australian government prove what religious beliefs everyone follows.

Still, not an official religion? Oh well, I still say it's none of the government's business what religious faith I am.

Yeha, if over 1000 people have it as religion on our (UK's) census then it becomes 'authentic'. And due to this legality dooberry, Jedi is now a religion.

Wonder if it means you can take the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith opening night as a religious holiday...

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

yes!!
    teehee

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by omnitarian
    Jedi can not become an "official" or "real" religion, because there is no such thing as an "official" or "real" religion. :rolleyes2
    Nice.

The belief system of a "Jedi" is that the universe is bound together by an energy field that flows through us and is all around us. It is not a being of existence or beyond existence, it is not a being at all, it exists but doesn't have a will or thoughts. The "Jedi" believe in the "Force" not as a form of sentience but as a . . . well, spiritual awareness is what I'd call it. Like the Chi of the Chinese. Or is that . . .?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    Whom do they pray to? Yoda?

I'm very curious as to their belief systems and structure because I find it a bit hard to believe that something created out of a movie would come to be an accepted religion. Though, then again, there is Scientology, so perhaps this isn't so far-fetched.

Take care all.
    From what I've dug up (it was a while ago, so bear with me), it's basically just a belief in the Force as an all-encompasing... well, force, as a sort of 'god', really. And that we're all a part of this Force, and we're all one with eachother. Which really isnt being a Jedi Knight at all, or even a Jedi (being a Jedi denotes also being a guardian and wielding a sabre and all that junk). I'll try and find the term, but offhand I cant remember.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

False this religion is... hmm.

They do not "worship" the "Force" as a "god." They merely "accept" that it exists and it is the source of their power.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.