Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill 4

Default Silent Hill 4

Anybody play this game yet?

In my opinion, this is the best SH game so far. I played the first three and they didn't scare me a bit, but SH4 made me sleep with some music playing for a few weeks. This game weirds you out in so many ways.

OOC: Can anybody find me a screenshot of (SPOILER)You looking at (not out) your apartment room windows and you see a grey floating head just hovering around outside the window?

SH series? Never. RE series? Maybe once. Any other SHGG? I don't think so.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

im an SH addict
    there way better than RE to me
    SH2 was the best and SH3 was the worst
    SH4 was ok and probably the most scariest
    I cant find the pic you wanted sorri

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

lol, Ever since SH 2 I've been adicted to survival horror games!

never played 1 though. lol

4 Is awesome! I though 2 was pretty scary then I played 3, and now 4... each time it gets better... although I would say that 4 isn't as scary as it could have been... maybe I'm just getting desensitized to scaryness. XD

Right now I'm stuck in SH 4 though... I didn't do seomthing right, but I dont want to restart... so I'll probably be forced to use cheats to be able to continue. lol

For some eeri scary games, play the Fatal Frame series. lol I can't wait for the next one of those to come out! ^__^
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh. My. God. I am completely in love with the Silent Hill series, with 2 being my favorite.

But yeah, I'm just (SPOILER) in the prison world, for the second time right now, but I'm stuck, because of stupid Walter. I want to keep Eileen alive, and it's really not working out on the way down to the door. Argha. So far, I really, really like it. Although I have to admit, it hasn't scared me one bit. In my opinion, 1 was the scariest, with 3 following close behind. THEY scared the crap out of me. But I'm rally glad you like this game; it doesn't really seem like it's getting a whole lot of support from other SH fans. That's too bad, really.

I could try to find that screenshot, if one exists, but I can't garuntee any sucess on my part.

--Box Box Box Box

The Prison level is annoying when yiou (SPOILER) have to rotate all of the rooms so water can flow through the pipes and so you can get all of the rooms in the porper positions so the light can shine in the dark room. It's even more annoying when (SPOILER)walter chases you with two pistols.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    The Prison level is annoying when yiou (SPOILER) have to rotate all of the rooms so water can flow through the pipes and so you can get all of the rooms in the porper positions so the light can shine in the dark room. It's even more annoying when (SPOILER)walter chases you with two pistols.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. The first time through was horrible because it took me forever, and now there's THAT problem, and...ugh. I really like the game, but this part is just a pain in the ass for me.

(SPOILER)Walter seriously gives me the creeps anyways. Hearing about him in the previous games gave me an uneasy feeling, and when I found out he was going to be in this game....*shudder* He scares me a lot, for some reason. His eyes are completely dead.

--Box Box Box Box

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

LOL see as story developing? maybe we will actually know what Silent Hill is soon! XD

and yea, that errie feeling about Walter, is supposed to be errie XD

From what I can remember, the Prison lvl wasn't hard for me at all... lol

After playing RE 4, I can still say I love SH and FF a lot more! XD
    SH is a lot more 'natural' evil... It doesn't seem like its a manufactured virus, it seems like its an evil entity thats there just to fook with your mind. lol and of course Fatal Frame is just awesome, Japanese ghosts says it all.

I can't wait for a SH 5! And FF3 sounds interesting. lol
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked the other Silent Hills, but the fourth one didn't do much for me. I hated how you had to go through all the worlds again while baby-sitting that one girl.

At least Eileen lacked the "boat anchor" aspect of so many partners in games, you could give her a weapon, and by god could she fight back, fun to see her slap stuff around XD

Much better than Ashley in RE4 or any number of other female partners in any number of other games.

Though, the whole keeping her alive aspect and it's reference on the ending was kinda...eh.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    At least Eileen lacked the "boat anchor" aspect of so many partners in games, you could give her a weapon, and by god could she fight back, fun to see her slap stuff around XD
    Yes, while this is totally awesome and everything, she just gets too into it. While I'm trying to keep her alive, close to me, and make her run away from the monsters, she's sitting there whacking the crap out of them, and won't move. So now I've taken away her weapons, and she's following me just fine.

And of course I'm excited about Silent Hill 5, but according to all these different sites, it's not going to be until the PS3 comes out; if PS3 ends up being the best system. I'm excited about it already; but this time I want my UFO ending.

--Box Box Box Box

I still want that screenshot.

its impossible to find it

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    I still want that screenshot.
    You know, I really don't think one exists. I think if you have the PC version of the game, you might be able to get one yourself, but obviously you're not going to buy the game again if you don't.

But I haven't seen that particular screenshot at any of the sites I've looked at. Sorry.

--Box Box Box Box

Bloody hell. I took it myself wheen if floated by. I paused the game and snapped it with my digital camera.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/...s/float001.JPG