Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what were you doing when.....

Default what were you doing when.....

you all know the saying (its not really one.....just didn't know what to put!) "everyone remembers what they were doing the day the berlin wall came down"
    well i was thinking, as that was such a long time ago there must be a new one, for this generation.
    after watching a thing on TV i kinda thought it would be this
    "what were you doing the day Princess Diana died"
    at the time i don't think i was too bothered (me being the evil little teenager i was). i was in my room and my younger brother ran up to tell me. i'd just moved out from the room me and my sister shared....
    now i feel really sad about it.
    so i'll ask the question
    "what were you doing the day Princess Diana died?"

please no horrid comments like "i was driving in france" thats just cruel and nasty.

Trust No one

I ran down stairs and turned on the TV, and found out. I shouted upstairs the news and my Mum went "Really?" Then I got my brekfast and went to school.

I was still only a kid.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think that the question for our generation will be "what were you doing when 9/11 happened?"

It's one of those moments that defines our generation.

Anyway, I was watching cartoons on TV when it was interrupted by the news that Princess Diana had been in a car accident and died. I remember feeling absolutely shocked. Princesses aren't supposed to die ya know?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have no clue what I was doing when Diana died. I could hardly care less, too. I do remember on 9/11 I was off work and slept in. I woke up at around noon and went to check the monday night football score on espn.com and instead got a picture of the burning building. I was like "what kind of prank is this?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Diana dying? I was asleep as I was 11 and it happened really late at night, and then my dad told me in the morning (I do believe it was a Saturday?) but I didn't really care.

As for 9/11, I was at school so I didn't really know about it, but one guy who went home for lunch knew about it and informed us all that "Israel have bombed America". And when I came home the first thing I saw on TV were scared people covered in dust running away, leading me to believe it was just a bomb at first.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't remember what happened with Princess Diana died either o_0 I don't even think I knew she died until days after... shows how in touch I was ^_^ I was in class when 9/11 happened.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I was in a car with some fat guy driving. He pulled over and started crying. I didn't understand, so I went and brought a burger and a milkshake.

As for Diana -- no clue about where I was when she died, but I was working on the day of the funeral, a whole bunch of us watched on our lunch break.

9/11 -- I was off work and at home. My dad was getting ready for work and for some reason was watching CNN. Anyway they were showing the smoke from the first crash and everybody on TV was like "We aren't sure if this was an accident". I remember looking at the pictures and thinking "accident? how can someone 'accidentaly' hit a building when there aren't any clouds or anything?" Anyway just about then I saw the second plane, and then I knew what was going on.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I was watching The Pretender on NBC when Princess Diana died, and they interrupted the show during the climax! I was fairly mad at the time. They cancelled that show, too...it was so good!

And when 9/11 happened I was sitting in 8th grade science class. We turned the TV on after the first plane hit, and watched the second one hit while a kid named Jeff said "Whoa, cool!" He was always a stupid one.

when 9/11 happened me and my friend went to his house to get ready for the next day at college. we ran downstairs singing "digimon digital monsters" as we were about to watch it on tv. we turned it on and saw the towers falling. we thought it was a film and started moaning thinking they had canncelled our show. we turned it off and went to play pokemon. it wasn't until his mum came home and told us we realsised it was real....

Trust No one

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

when Diana died i was sleeping ( it did happen ay 3 in the morning), my brother rushed up and told me at 8 "Rory, Diana's died" and i was like "Who" ^^

anyway when 9/11 happened i was at my friends house playing playstation games so we didnt know what had happened, we knew that a plane had crashed into the world trade centre, we didnt know it was a terrorist attack but some kids outside told us stuff like new york was on fire, and the pentagon had been blown up, kids eh.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I don't have any idea about Dianna.

9/11 I was at college. My history class had just ended and on the way out some guy got a thingy on his pager and was like, "huh, someone just flew a plane into the world trade center". I was just like, "Yeah, okay." Then while I was waiting for my art class someone sat down beside me on a bench and said something like how crazy this all was. I didn't know what he was talking about. He told me all about it and I was like, "OH". Then they cancelled classes the rest of the day and I was happy cause I really hated my art class. I went home and me and my best friend changed the spark plugs in our cars. Then we went by the river and threw rocks in it for awhile.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

The Death of Princess Diana: I was at Claire's house playing ghostbusters and sonic 2.

The Eleventh of September: Geography was cancelled so Towns and I went to eoff. Yeah.

When Diana dies I think I was in bed asleep. I think she died at night, right? I was too young to remember. When 9/11 happened I was on my way home from school in the back of a car with some other kids and we heard it on the radio but I figured Id heard it wrong or something or that it wasnt that big of a deal. Then I went inside and saw it was taking up every tv channel and got a better idea of what had happened.

Diana: I was watching tv of some sort. I was at my dad's house...very young...and, matter of factly, that night was the first night I ever played Final Fantasy VII...infact, any Final Fantasy! But i was too young to appreciate it like I do today!

9/11: because I am over in Aus. when we heard of it, it was early morning the next day. My nan rang us, and we watched the news, and then we had to go to school...half the class was late and didn't get in trouble cause their excuse was 'watching the news'