Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you workout?

Sous Chef actually Halifax Housewife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    well do tou? And if tou do, what do you do?

I do series of 100 with a 5kg weigh (5kg*100 per hand), 50 pushups, 75 stomachmusclemoves and 75 mabckmuscle thingies per day..

Kinda tough but hey, I got muscle.
    Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them. Also, pushups, "stomachmusclemoves" and "mabckmuscle" only give you a slight amount of muscle only if you are overweight. Now, by the sounds of it, you're not overweight, so you're basically gaining no muscle since you're not working any other body part. You're just toning your body by doing the things you just said (and losing muscle in your tri's and bi's). Pretty odd, if you ask me.

Anyways, I've been working out now for about 1 and a half years now. The gym is my other home. I've gained a lot of muscle (BF% has gone from 19% -> 5%!) and a lot of new friends. I don't go to the gym just to gain muscle, I go there because of the community as well.

I just got back from the gym, actually. Was working on my chest but I'm dissapointed as I didn't manage to do nearly enough weight that I wanted to on the incline bench. Ah well. My mind wasn't in the right state.

Anyone here take creatine? If so, what brand? I'm taking XPAND, which has creatine and mg.. very awesome stuff. Gives me a good boost in the gym.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    I hit the gym about 5 times a week (sometimes 4). My routine goes something like this:

Day 1 - Legs#1 and abs/core
    Day 2 - Chest and Triceps
    Day 3 - Rest
    Day 4 - Legs #2 and abs/core
    Day 5 - Back and Biceps
    Day 6 - Rest
    Day 7 - Shoulders with a bicep-tricep super-set

For back and chest days I do 3 or 4 different back/chest exercises and then go on 3 bi's/tri's exercises.

Legs #1 is: Squats, leg extension, and standing calf raises
    Legs #2 is: lunges, hamstring curl, standing calf raises

I do almost all with deadweights (barbells and dumbells), and I've noticed some good gains in muscle so far.
    Good job man. Looks like you're doing it correctly, but if I may suggest something, try the freeweights. They're your best friend. You will gain SO much more muscle by going in the freeweight section. I promise.
    Last edited by Halifax Housewife; 05-05-2005 at 02:57 AM.

Be free.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Yes!

I say yes even though I haven't for the past two weeks due to being sick. I have recovered enough to make it to the letterbox without fainting though. The Blasted Bus Company has cashed in on this by striking, forcing me to walk for not particularly long to go catch the train. Squee!

[Dear immune system/lungs, hurry up and get better, I want to go back to the gime already~]

I only just started to lift weights with my dads weight set I did over an hour today. I'll do more tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    well do tou? And if tou do, what do you do?

I do series of 100 with a 5kg weigh (5kg*100 per hand), 50 pushups, 75 stomachmusclemoves and 75 mabckmuscle thingies per day..

Kinda tough but hey, I got muscle.
    Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them.
    Neva heard naything like that before.. I do it like this: 25 times with right, 25 left, 25 righjt, 25 left, 25 right, 25 left, 25 right and 25 left.

But, if that is so, I think iŽd better do that just every other day

Pah! Iri? Work out? Be serious.
    I dance alot, but working out is sooo not my thing.

On a pogostick

My workout consists of walking to the kitchen (about 2km),
    making coffee and a sarmie and sitting on the couch.
    I had to get a couch and put off getting
    a graphic card for a while, so I use the couch as much as possible

Well, I don't work out, but I stretch when I wake up in the morning so I won't stiffen up and sometimes I randomly dance which increases heartbeat rate. ^_~

Per hand, every day? Hmm. You must have a LOT of protein because doing that everyday would tear your muscles apart, my friend. You can't work the same muscles everyday or you're going to LOSE muscle, due to the fact that you would be overstressing them. Also, pushups, "stomachmusclemoves" and "mabckmuscle" only give you a slight amount of muscle only if you are overweight. Now, by the sounds of it, you're not overweight, so you're basically gaining no muscle since you're not working any other body part. You're just toning your body by doing the things you just said (and losing muscle in your tri's and bi's). Pretty odd, if you ask me.
    True facts. You need days to rest and let your muscles repair themselves and grow.

Anyways, I've been working out now for about 1 and a half years now. The gym is my other home. I've gained a lot of muscle (BF% has gone from 19% -> 5%!) and a lot of new friends. I don't go to the gym just to gain muscle, I go there because of the community as well.

I just got back from the gym, actually. Was working on my chest but I'm dissapointed as I didn't manage to do nearly enough weight that I wanted to on the incline bench. Ah well. My mind wasn't in the right state.

Anyone here take creatine? If so, what brand? I'm taking XPAND, which has creatine and mg.. very awesome stuff. Gives me a good boost in the gym.
    Good job!

Its true man, the gym is a great way to get out and meet new friends, and they will share some of the same interests, namely fitness. Plus I find working out in a gym much better than at home - there's more people around, which motivates you to lift more and work harder, and you can always get someone to spot you when you lift your maximal weight, which is where you get your gains in muscle.

I haven't bothered with creatine, just because of the amount of water I'd have to drink, and I'd be afraid I'd lose it all if I had to take a trip for work for a week or two, or decided to take a 2 week holiday down south to place where there's no creatine.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    I hit the gym about 5 times a week (sometimes 4). My routine goes something like this:

Day 1 - Legs#1 and abs/core
    Day 2 - Chest and Triceps
    Day 3 - Rest
    Day 4 - Legs #2 and abs/core
    Day 5 - Back and Biceps
    Day 6 - Rest
    Day 7 - Shoulders with a bicep-tricep super-set

For back and chest days I do 3 or 4 different back/chest exercises and then go on 3 bi's/tri's exercises.

Legs #1 is: Squats, leg extension, and standing calf raises
    Legs #2 is: lunges, hamstring curl, standing calf raises

I do almost all with deadweights (barbells and dumbells), and I've noticed some good gains in muscle so far.
    Good job man. Looks like you're doing it correctly, but if I may suggest something, try the freeweights. They're your best friend. You will gain SO much more muscle by going in the freeweight section. I promise.
    Thanks bro. I do use free weights (barbells and dumbells, highlighted above), and I find it great. I've been making great gains, especially on the routine listed above.

Working out, and exercise in general is great. Besides getting more fit, you notice that you have more energy overall, and a more positive mindset.

Yeah, it's good to see a fellow EoFF'er working out to his fullest extent. Well, I strongly suggest taking XPAND (get it at your local protein supplier - $63 bucks for a 25 day supply), you take it 30 minutes before you workout and as soon as you finish working out you take another one. It's expensive, but well worth the investment. I've nearly doubled the amount of weight that I lift because of that. Also, I wouldn't worry about the water intake as you can simply take some omega 3 fatty acid vitamins and they'll keep your muscles intact incase you do go on a vacation somewhere. XPAND dosen't contain much creatine anyways, it's full of other good stuff.

On the other hand, what protein supplement are you taking? I'm currently drinking Isoplex Premium Whey.. it's good stuff. 100 Cal, 3 Carb, 32g of protein. The fruit punch flavor is disgusting, but I'm so used to the taste that I just gulp it down. Couldn't care less about the flavor, I just want the protein in my body. The best part about my body is that I have slow metabolism, so there is no need for myself to take a weight gain powder, such as Muscle Juice. I simply have to increase my carb count by about 120g's and I'll gain about 3-4 pounds every 2 weeks, which is perfect.

Be free.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I try to do some pullups and run around every once and a while.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I Jazzercise.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope. I'm a lazy ass. I should do something about that. I will later.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Yeah, it's good to see a fellow EoFF'er working out to his fullest extent. Well, I strongly suggest taking XPAND (get it at your local protein supplier - $63 bucks for a 25 day supply), you take it 30 minutes before you workout and as soon as you finish working out you take another one. It's expensive, but well worth the investment. I've nearly doubled the amount of weight that I lift because of that. Also, I wouldn't worry about the water intake as you can simply take some omega 3 fatty acid vitamins and they'll keep your muscles intact incase you do go on a vacation somewhere. XPAND dosen't contain much creatine anyways, it's full of other good stuff.

On the other hand, what protein supplement are you taking? I'm currently drinking Isoplex Premium Whey.. it's good stuff. 100 Cal, 3 Carb, 32g of protein. The fruit punch flavor is disgusting, but I'm so used to the taste that I just gulp it down. Couldn't care less about the flavor, I just want the protein in my body. The best part about my body is that I have slow metabolism, so there is no need for myself to take a weight gain powder, such as Muscle Juice. I simply have to increase my carb count by about 120g's and I'll gain about 3-4 pounds every 2 weeks, which is perfect.
    Thanks, I'll check out XPAND at my local Heavy Weights.

As for Protein, I take ON's (Optimum Nutrition) Whey protein. Chocolate and Vanilla are actually very tastey, and can curb your craving for chocolate. It goes great with chocolate milk. I've tried other brands, like Prolab and Cylosport (yuuuuuk!), and this is by far the best tasting, with just about the best protein ratio (80% protein, and only 2g of fat, and 1 g of carbs, I think) per scoop. I actually take like 2 or 3 per day. One as a quick protein supply for breakfast with a slice of toast (I don't have time to cook eggs in my mad dash for work), and one after working out for recovery, and sometimes one as a snack, to cure the munchies, and get a good dose of protein. It makes it easier getting my 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight every day.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Nope. I'm a lazy ass. I should do something about that. I will later.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Try Isoplex. It has 100% whey protein, I beleive. Maybe it's 95%. One of the two. Yeah, my meal plan normally goes like this:

Breakfast: Protein shake, fruit, toast, oatmeal, glass of orange juice
    Snack: Handful of nuts.. sometimes I have fruit. Depends.
    Lunch: Anything from a whole wheat sandwich to a chicken salad
    Snack: Protein Shake
    Dinner: Fish, mainly.
    Snack: Protein shake (For recovery)

I drink 4 litres of water in the course of a day, something that is extremely crucial for any bodybuilder to do, or anyone for that matter. The water also makes your muscles appear to be more ripped as well, which is beneficial (to me, I guess).

Another thing I take is these power vitamins that has just about every crucial vitamin that a bodybuilder needs. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this vitamin to anyone in the gym. I notice a very big change in the amount of energy I have in the gym, and when I take it with XPAND, I can lift nearly triple the amount I can when I'm not taking both of the supplements.

Be free.