Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you workout?

A few days ago, I swore most nobly to myself to run at least 15 suicides each day. I kept it up for 2 days. I'm taking a little break. THAT'S ALL.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Sous Chef actually Halifax Housewife's Avatar

Yeah, motivation is a very hard thing to do while doing any sort of exercise. What I did was set up a reward system for myself. For example, if I ran everyday for 30 minutes, I could have a treat, or something like that.

Actually, the best type of motivation in any form of exercise is music. Buy an iPod shuffle, or a sports mp3 player (Shuffle is the best, in my opinion, very light weight and small but the audio quality is excellent) and put on some hard, motivational music. It gives you a better sense of well being and it distracts you from what you're actually doing. Now, after a couple of months of being in the gym, you're going to look in the mirror and notice some differences. That's when you begin your addiction to working out because you see such a positive change in your body, that it makes you want to workout everyday. That's why I'm so motivated to go to the gym everyday. All it takes is a little patience.

Be free.

Yep. I'm needing some motivation here. Suicides are..SUICIDAL. I'll try the music and thankies.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

I'll be sure to check out the Isoplex too.

I listen to my MP3 player too while working out, with puh-lenty of Pantera, Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Static-X, etc blasting away in my ears. Keeps my intensity up.

The other good thing about it is that it lets you drown out the stupid radio they play at the gym. It drives me friggin' bananas when they play $hit like Ryan Cabrera (spelling?) or Jojo (the teen pop artist, not the EEoF member!) on the radio when your trying to work out.

I do sit ups. I should show you my abs, just to make you folks jealous.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I don't work out, exercise, or eat properly.

Am I fat?

You tell me.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do one hour of cardio and half an hour of weights (low weights, high repetition) three times a week and I take Pilates classes once a week.

I have gym buddies who work out with me and keep me company. If I didn't have them, I probably wouldn't have the motivation to work out. Plus they make me laugh, and laughter is supposed to be good for your abs.

I used to work out all the time, but I havn't been to the gym in months, and it's showing. Muscle mass has been getting smaller and the pudge in my stomach has been getting bigger. ;_; I have promised myself that I would start going again once Summer starts, so we will see how that goes.

The hardest part is not working out, but eating healthy. I try doing that once in awhile, and it makes me miserable. I just love pizza, donuts, and Chinese food too much.

I LOVE MY BICEPS

sometimes I kiss them!

~##

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Everytime I try to work out the next day I quit, Im too lazy and I dont have any motivation..
    I really envy the people who is able to shape a perfect body..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for almost two years, and I run a lot. Basically, I'm in way better shape than you AND I can kick your ass. Suck it.
    No.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, I don't work out. There's a set of weights under my bed, but I've not used them for a long time. I do try - honestly. It's just so hard to attempt to work out when you've had such a tiring day at work, and unfortunately, every single day is like that.

Having said that, I do walk to work and back every day, which takes 40 minutes each way. I'm hoping that this is having some sort of effect on my physical health.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Why would I work out when I can eat all I like and yet never gain more than a few pounds (which just end up going away again) over a seven or so year period? Seriously, I'm fit enough to live life any way I like right now. If I was going to run a marathon or something, I'd probably work out. But I'm not planning on running a marathon anytime soon. Hooray!

I wouldn't work out at a gym or something, ever, though. If anything, I'd get a job in a timber yard or something for the weekends. Why pay to work out when you can get paid to move large, heavy lengths of wood?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hell ya! I like hitting the gym and carrying those weights. No sweat no gain. #something inspirational. Most importantly, i will tell everyone on social media about it!!! This is a must! Also preferably dressed in something sexy/hawt.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Why would I work out when I can eat all I like and yet never gain more than a few pounds (which just end up going away again) over a seven or so year period?
    GOD I MISS THIS

the 30s have been a disease that inflates my belly and I hate it
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!