Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if Cid lives?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What if Cid lives?

The first time I beat the game I didn't know how to cure Cid in the World of Ruin, and he died. Then after some time I was able to nurse him back to health playing from a saved state. What I'm wondering is: he tells you he'll be waiting for you, so what happens if you go to his island with the rest of your party? Does he show in the end of the game or anywhere else?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's all part of the strategy to revive Aeris.
    Figaro Castle

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

yes, it just changes the ending of the game ever-so-slightly, so much so that it's not even really worth saving him. Besides, it's really his fault that all the events of FF6 happened. (Kills Cid)

If you go back to the Solitary Island later, he just walks around like a goon and says the same stupid thing over and over again. ("Ah, I feel so much better", or something along those lines.) It's all pretty lame.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

You see after saving Cid, you beat the game but wait until the credits are done and begin playing from the New World of healing. After this go to Solitary island via the airship and talk to Cid with Celes leading the party. Cid will tell Celes that he is making a new cloning machine and that to complete it he needs a special stone guarded by a great monster. Travel to the spot where Kefka's tower used to be and fly up using the airship, You will come to an empty area. Run around mashing the action button until you find the gamma sword. Once you equip the Gamma sword you will be teleported into an area where you can fight the mighty Czar Dragon. Normal attacks with the Gamma sword equip weaken the Czar Dragons defense. After defeating the Czar Dragon take the stone it gives you back to Cid. He will complete his cloning machine. Then travel to General Leo's grave and revive him. General Leo will thank you and join your party permanently. After this fly to the underwater ruins that will have appeared on the map. General Leo will open the door there taking you into another dungeon. At the bottem of it you will fight Emporer Gestahl using his hypermagitek armor. After defeating him you recieve the save stone. This only happens in FF anthologys. Save onto you memory card, then play FFVII using the same memory card. When you get to the point where Aeris is about to get shanked General Leo will appear and save her, so Aeris will live and General Leo will join AVALANCHE. With General Leo in your party, travel to the outside of Midgar and a scene will occur. General Leo will find Zack's body and ressurect him with the cloning machine. Zack will then join you. After this continue to fight Sephiroth. After Safer Sephiroth is dead Kefka will appear in Angel of Death form and the party must defeat him to. Then the party from FFVI appears and they and AVALANCHE have a massive party. The end.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Oh! Im gonna have to try that wiegraph!!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, if you save Cid he gives you the Palidor (I think) esper. If he dies, you have to wait a while to go back to the island (once you get the airship) to get the esper.

Let's lose the stupid rumors.

He doesn't give you Palidor even if you save him, you still have to come back later and find it on the shore with the gull. In short, go watch Celes's suicide attempt. It is much more entertaining.
    Sigless

Who cares about Cid anyway? I wouldn't save anyone in a yellow trenchcoat anyway...
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    He doesn't give you Palidor even if you save him, you still have to come back later and find it on the shore with the gull. In short, go watch Celes's suicide attempt. It is much more entertaining.
    He's got it.

Either way, you have to go back later to get Palidor. Cid doesn't do a damn thing for you, you can spend all the time you want saving the life of that worthless bugger and still and up just the same.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok well he does give it to you, making it warm to the touch, and therefore more powerful!

lmao, i believed wiegraph until the final fantasy 7 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    Ok well he does give it to you, making it warm to the touch, and therefore more powerful!
    Does he? I thought you still had to pick it up from the beach?

I'm at that part right now and I can't get Cid to live! HELP!

damn wiegraph! you forgot that Rinoa-part in it! She plays an eminent role in the story, and what about those guys from "Sabre Rider"??