Thread: choco/mog materia

Default choco/mog materia

is it still possible to get this materia, in disc 3? a walkthrough said you get it from a chocobo at the chocobo ranch, and they're all gone. of course, i never culd figure out how to get it anyways. I only want it because i want to master it for master summon (I already have one from emerald WEAPON, but i could use 2. or 3). so, is it still possible to get choco/mog at the ranch? or at fossil town, ive heard bahamut ZERO can be gotten there.

planning world domination

you need both other Bahamut summons to get Bahamut ZERO, then you go up to Red XIII's grandfather in his observatory, in Cosmo Canyon, and observe the huge materias, one of them will glow brightly and then you will recieve ZERO.

i think you can still actually get choco/mog materia on disc3.

I don't know, but I don't think so. You have to talk to the chocobos there and select the longer of the two "Warks", and of course the chocobos are gone by Disk 3 to make room for your own chocobos. I think you'll have to excavate it at Bone Village.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You can't get it from the chocobo ranch. Your only chance is the excavation site, but I'm not sure if you can get it there or not. But if Bahamut can be gotten there, why shouldn't Choco/Mog? Good luck.

great. wonderful, i hate the excavation site. All i ever find is potions, when im lucky. I never seem to find anything there, even when im digging right at the point of intersection (which is always on the opposite side of where i put all my diggers). oh well, guess ill hafta give it a shot.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The excavation site is for the weak. You missed the materia, you start again in my opinion. Don't go digging it up from the dirt like some scrounger. Back in the day, you missed an important item, it was gone forever. None of this digging rubbish!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

planning world domination

you'll never find bahamut ZERO by digging, never. see my previous post for details.
    but good luck trying to excavate choco/mog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bahamut
    you'll never find bahamut ZERO by digging, never. see my previous post for details.
    but good luck trying to excavate choco/mog.
    That's weird, because I have...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Its not really worth getting to me
    ZERO is great though

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

on one of my games i missed chocomog i dug it up in the higher area of the digging site i want Bahamut Zero i never could complete that sidequest in core

LET THE HAMMER FALL

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Bone Village is the missed items repository. You just need a bit of luck.

now, someone said it was found in the upper level. im curious, is the position of these missed items likely random, or would i be likely to find it on the top level, too? also, should i be searching for 'normal treasure' or 'good treasure'? i found the W-Item materia, but i can't remember which i was searching for.

also, to gibbi8, i know choco/mog is worthless. but without it, i can't make a second (and third) master command. thats why i really want it.

Default Yes. You can get Bahamut ZERO in Bone Village on disk 3 if you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by theBane View Post
    ... Ive heard bahamut ZERO can be gotten there.
    You are correct, or rather, those you heard this from are correct. I have done it. Evidence is attached multiple ways. It takes forever and the odds are terrible (about 3% after you find MegaElixer apparently), but if you have Bahamut and NeoBahamut, you can get it. This is only if you missed one of the huge materia--not if you forgot it in the water. I missed one of them, but still got Bahamut ZERO and took a screenshot of it.

Received Bahamut ZERO materia:

If you can't view the photo, I attached it too. If you can't view the attachment, go HERE and to photos

I was not going to make a video of the hours of tedium I spent searching for it. If you are wondering, you find this materia on disk 3 near the wood sticking out of the dirt on the left side. (I followed the search guide below). I excavated on the side closest to the entrance to the world map. It took about 30 tries. I equipped luck plus materia, but I don't think that helped.

Search guide: Bone Village

-John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Well, thanks for that. But it's been over four years since anyone posted in this thread.

Worse, now I miss DJZen.