Thread: Lunar (spelling) I need info on these games

Default Lunar (spelling) I need info on these games

oK I need some info on the Lunar games

I need to kno WHAT lunar games are availible in the US and what they are called

i need to kno like if there all contuations of the last game

My freind had Luner silver star collection and i think that was the very first Lunar but i donno....and then theres like a blue thingy and im confused...help

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Lunar: Silver Star Story was released for the Sega CD years ago. It was followed by Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. Then the games were ported to the PS1 under the names of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue...I think. They also released Lunar Legend for the GBA which was a remake of Lunar: Silver Star Story.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Lunar-NET has all the information you'll need.

As for what Lunar games there are,
    • 92/06/26 - Lunar: The Silver Star
    • 94/12/24 - Lunar: Eternal Blue
    • 96/01/12 - Lunar: Strolling School
    • 96/10/25 - Lunar: Silver Star Story
    • 97/11/20 - Magic School Lunar
    • 98/07/23 - Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
    • 02/04/12 - Lunar Legend
    • Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue are for the Sega CD.
    • Lunar: Strolling School is for the Game Gear, but it was never released outside of Japan.
    • Lunar: Silver Star Story, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, and Magic School Lunar are remakes of the first three games. In Japan, these are for the Saturn, and L:SSS and L2:EB were also ported to the PlayStation. Outside of Japan, L:SSS and L2:EB are only available on the PlayStation and have the word "Complete" tacked onto their titles.
    • Magic School Lunar wasn't ported and wasn't released at all outside of Japan.
    • Lunar Legend is for the GameBoy Advance. It's yet another remake/reinterpretation of Lunar: The Silver Star.
    • Lunar Genesis (tentative title) is a new game that will be released for the Nintendo DS sometime in the future. It'll be the first Lunar game since Strolling School that isn't a remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    Lunar: Silver Star Story was released for the Sega CD years ago. It was followed by Lunar 2: Eternal Blue. Then the games were ported to the PS1 under the names of Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue...I think. They also released Lunar Legend for the GBA which was a remake of Lunar: Silver Star Story.
    The original Sega CD games were called Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar: Eternal Blue. Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue are exclusively the names of the remakes--which are straight-up remakes, not just ports.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    which are straight-up remakes, not just ports.
    And he's not exaggerating. The PS1 remakes received all new graphics, better quality music, the elimination of random battles (instead you see enemies on screen Chrono/SaGa style), among other things. If you decide to purchase either of the first two, make sure to get the 'Complete' versions.

I own Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete and I'm playing through it again right now (My party was too weak to finish the last boss the first time). They're tough games, but plenty of fun.

I've played Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2:Eternal Blue Complete.
    I really enjoyed these fairly tough games, and I thought the characters were cool. Galeon RULES! I believe I've made it farther in the first game than the second. #2, I found to be a little harder. Exually fun though, and same quality!

"I swear, I had no intention of asking Wonderwoman out!!"

soo all the Lunar games r pretty much in the US?

Good...after i beat the arc the lad collection then im gonna beat the lunar games

I really enjoy working designs [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]. I like how they translate games to the US. If IT WASNT for them id never play ARC THE LAD. Or growslanser..i love them..

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the battles were too easy and repetitive, especially with the cursor memory thingy. At least the stories were good
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I played through Lunar SSSC, and by the end of the game I was completely annoyed by the repitition of the battles. The same fight against the same type and number of monsters who do the same stuff over and over and over...

I wasn't until after I beat it that I realized how much I didn't like it. I tried to pick up Eternal Blue later, but couldn't drag myself through it.

I loved SSS but hated EB. Go figure.

Hey Emerald Aeris, how so? I mean....unless its the storyline, the games are pretty similar gameplay-wise.
    Did the characters not appeal to you?

"I swear, I had no intention of asking Wonderwoman out!!"

There's some GameGear games and one or two specifically for Sega Saturn. Good luck getting those. It's hard enough to get the PS1 remakes anymore. But if you can, I'd just worry about getting those two and leaving it at that. Awesome games though. I loved the characterization. You really grow to love everyone... gameplay coulda used some tuning. But I've never seen games give characters so much personality. I could live in the Lunar worlds ^_^ Too bad the games kinda give me a headache sometimes. Slightly repetitive. But they tried what they could to remedy that in the Complete versions.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I enjoyed both Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue very much. The characters reach a level of development you seldom see in an RPG. My only gripe about the characters is that every character is so well developed in the first game EXCEPT the main character. At least they tried to give him a personality in Eternal Blue, although that didn't turn out very well either.

Awesome games, great music, great villains, and above all, great story. I felt the battle system was a little poor, but with a story like that, it didn't really phase me much. Definitely the cream of the crop.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    My only gripe about the characters is that every character is so well developed in the first game EXCEPT the main character.
    At least he talks in SSS. In the original he had like two lines throughout the entire game.

Silver Star Story is great, but Eternal Blue is basically the same but better in every way. It's also DAMN hard, which is rare for RPGs. The epilogue is one of the hardest things I've ever done in an RPG, except for maybe some of the Ys games. If you can find a copy of SSSC or EBC, you should get them. Lucky for me I found a copy of both for 20 bucks each, but you probably won't get that lucky.

...and don't play Lunar Legend. It's TERRIBLE. And lastly, there's a new Lunar on the way for the DS, which is awesome. There was also a poll taken recently on Lunar-Net for the subtitle of the new Lunar, but it's over so...yeah, you missed out.
    No.