Thread: 99999

Default 99999

I guess there are only four attack in FF VIII that can make more than 9999 HP(except multi-hit move).
    *Quistis's(Greiver)"Shockwave Pulsar".I can deal 50000 damage with this skill.
    *Eden's"Eternal Breath".Only about 25000 dmg
    *Cactuar's"Kamikaze"command.(Am i right?And what is the dmg of this attack?I don't remember at all)
    *LV 100 Cactuar's"1000 needles".Deal exactly 10000 dmg.
    Is there ony other attack that can inflict more than 9999 dmg on monters?
    And what was the biggest dmg you ever make?
    Can anyone exceed 99999 damdage?
    Last edited by tranvanhieu; 05-08-2005 at 12:06 PM.

*Eden's"Eternal Breath".Only about 25000 dmg
    Im pretty sure Edens Eternal Breath can do AT LEAST 40,000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tranvanhieu
    Can anyone exceed 99999 damdage?
    No.

And the max dammage of Eden is 60,000.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eden seems to do about 34k at level 60. I've never got her up to level 100 yet.

quick question: what do I need to get shockwave puslar for Quistis?

I do think Kamikazee does do more than 9999

u need to get a dark matter to have the shockwave pulsar.
    to get the dark matter u musthave gf siren at level 100 and u need to have 100 curse spikes ( killing forbiddens and stuff ). u need to refine all of them to get 1 dark matter.
    i really don't remember what ability u should use to refine dark matter but u can have more imformation on db.gamefaqs.com.

is there anibody out there?

Btw. ChocoBuckle does more than 9999 damage as far as I remember...

Indeed it does. Most people don't have a Pocketstation to demonstrate that, however...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Default OH YEAH !!!

Ha ha...when using Eden ,I forget to "Boost".
    Um 255% of Dmg,it's possible to inflict 60000 damage.
    I forget about Chocobo too,haha too bad,in fact,how much damage "ChocoboBuckle" can make?
    And about "Cursse Spike" you can have them by defeating "Forbibden"(Odin's top place or mountain around Esthar ),"Malboro"(Hell & Heaven) especially "Tri-face"(Galbadia Garden[disc 2],DRC,Heaven)
    ^________^

Creeps can also be found in the sewers beneath Deling City. That's where I usually get my supply of Curse Spikes.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

thanx for the help

pocket station? man, i forgot all about that...that never got released here in the America's huh...

If you bought the PC version, it came with a Pocketstation emulator that connected to your FFVIII and I just left it on while I was on vacation and came home to like a maxxed out Chocobo and a ton of cool items .
    Sigless

i was getting the tonberry gf, and when i was attacking one of the smaller tonberry's, i used one of quisteses limits called mini rockets or multi rockets or something, and it did 9999 damage if she attacked first.

As I understand it, damage beyond 9999 in FFVIII should cap at 65535. The reason is that any number beyond this would exceed 2 bytes (2^16=65536, and 0 would take a spot). A one byte limit explains why stats appear to max at 255 in many of the games (2^8=256, with a spot again reserved for 0), and why the Underwater materia in FFVII has been theoized to hold up to 16777215 AP before resetting (a three-byte value, since 2^24=16777216).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    As I understand it, damage beyond 9999 in FFVIII should cap at 65535. The reason is that any number beyond this would exceed 2 bytes (2^16=65536, and 0 would take a spot). A one byte limit explains why stats appear to max at 255 in many of the games (2^8=256, with a spot again reserved for 0), and why the Underwater materia in FFVII has been theoized to hold up to 16777215 AP before resetting (a three-byte value, since 2^24=16777216).
    ...exactly.

I'm assuming that Eden is the most damaging attack in the game (not including the multiple hit stuff of course) and it maxs it's damage at 60K.