Thread: Recommended Levels for progression.

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Recommended Levels for progression.

Now it's been quite a while since I've been playing FF7 but I@ve been having a binge and I've reached Costa Del Sol on Disc 1, however I've completely forgotten how the enemy/boss levels accumulate from here.

I've been leveling on the beaches on squiggly things however I need someone who knows the game more than myself/has played it recently beyond this point to tell me if my characters will be ok for a dash to rocket town as lvl 32/31

Stop levelling. You're very high and theres no point in the game where you cant just go back and level up if you need to. The bosses are far more fun if theyre challenging and if the fights require more tactics over high levels to win.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

32/31 should be more than enough. :] You won't have any problem reaching Rocket Town, but I'm sure you already know that.

I just go at whatever level im on it doesnt matter! I have played it for a while so im pretty good! rocket town is fun!

I never try to stay in one place and lvl up on purpose... I just go with the flow of the game, wich makes it more fun because none of the bosses are easy or unbeatable.
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://media.spikedhumor.com/3160/bush_worstdisaster.jpg[/IMG]-->Sig removed for being over the 250 pixel height limit.

Unless I plan on killing the WEAPON monsters, I just go through it without lingering too much. I don't flee from battles so I usually get plenty of EXP that way. The only time I level is when I first get Ultima materia, where I go to Mideel and fight until it's castable. Just a tradition from my first playthrough, where I got owned by Carry Armor.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

You can actually just go around an area in circles and encounter monsters randomly with patience??! sometimes if i'm bored or wanna finish up a materia i'm close to mastering or reach the next level my character is so close to, i'd run into a few battles, but otherwise i find it soo boring! and its not as fun if you just zoom past the game with a few hits per battle.. i did just recently get the ultima and really really want to use it, so i might just fight a bit around mideel since i'm going there to see how cloud and tifa are doing...
    btw, my cid is level 43 right now, disc 2, mideel, after getting the huge materia from fort condor, and the others in my party are about the same i think--is that an okay level to be at so far?

sig by me, so colorful this time xD lol

You'll be fine for the rest of the game. Don't waste anymore time leveling.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

In almost every RPG I've ever played, just never run and be sure to buy the best equipment as soon as it's available. That way you'll never have to spend time leveling up. Maybe a little time earning Gil for the best stuff, but your levels will be enough through the whole game.

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thread's Derailed from it's purpose. Stop posting.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

... or he'll blow you up from his secret underground floating castle

*posts*

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    In almost every RPG I've ever played, just never run and be sure to buy the best equipment as soon as it's available. That way you'll never have to spend time leveling up. Maybe a little time earning Gil for the best stuff, but your levels will be enough through the whole game.
    With the exception of the likes of DW that's pretty much the case, especially in FF7. At the end of the day, it's all about materia (though saying that it's quite possible to complete the game without Materia. Not one to brag, but I DID write the manual on it).
    There is no signature here. Move along.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With the exception of the likes of DW that's pretty much the case,
    It works well with Dragon Warrior 2-4. Not 1 so well.