Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider: Legend

Default Tomb Raider: Legend

It's a bit of an odd title, yeah, but this is the official name for the Tomb Raider previously known as Tomb Raider VII.

Not a lot's been said, obviously, but a picture has been released of the new Lara Croft. And here she is:

Crystal Dynamics, the new developers of TR, have apparently toned down her chest, and reddened her hair (the hair's obvious, but I don't pay that much attention to her chest so I couldn't tell you ).

Tomb Raider: Legend is set for release this summer on PS2 and Xbox, with PSP and "Xbox 360" versions following later this year. Knowing TR though, expect delays.

Discuss.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    Crystal Dynamics, the new developers of TR, have apparently toned down her chest, and reddened her hair
    Yet they've made her shorts even shorter. But none of this matters because man just look at her you know she looks exactly the same. Jesus I thought there was some hope when Eidos or whatever was bought out a while ago, but this series just refuses to die.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I loved the first 2. Never played the thrid one. Hopefully this doesn't suck emmensely like "The Angel of Darkness" supposedly did.

Of course, from what I recall, she was supposed to have died in "The Last Revalation", and that would of been a nice place to stop. Then "Tomb Raider Chronicles" came out...it was a nice touch, because it was "the stuff she went through that you'd yet to experience" or whatever, so that was fine...

But then when "The Angel of Darkness" came around I was just like "....what?" and kinda quit paying attention to Tomb Raider because I have a feeling it's nothing more than a game series that's developed a high profile for itself with alot of horny fanboys so they just keep going because they know the fanboys and the MTV crowd who only knows who Lara Croft, Mario, and Halo are in the world of video games will buy it.

Then again they could prove me wrong and come out with a kickass game. Who knows.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Tomb Raider sucks.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It'd be funny if they made a more subtle change, such as changing Lara into a balding fat man in his mid 40's.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Just because of the fond memories I have of the original game, I hope a new developer can breath some life back into this series. What other titles has Crystal Dynamics put out? Most likely it will suck, but perhaps they can surprise us.

I've read a couple articles on this. Apparently she's going to be changing clothes a lot. That face is supposed to be able to embue more emotion. And her proportions are supposedly more realistic. They're finally tweaking the controls. Supposedly they'll be copying a lot from Prince of Persia. Though I have to say, I loved the first game. And sorta enjoyed the second. But it's not really that hard to capture what made those games good. The awe of exploration, coupled with the pretty and ominious music really captured a wonderful feeling when you'd enter a huge cavernous area with statues and stuff. I hope they focus more on the whole Tomb Raiding aspect. Not some James Bond/Indiana Jones female thing doing a ton of fetch quests and lock-and-key puzzles with guns blazing and platforming masked as a game supposedly focused on exploration. Let's give it an actual focus this time? Though from what I've seen, she's still going to be a Bond/Jones girl. Hope they do it well... whatever they do.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Supposedly they'll be copying a lot from Prince of Persia.
    One of the main things people had to say about the original Tomb Raider was that it played sort of like a 3D Prince of Persia. So, that's nothing new.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I enjoyed Tomb Raider 1.

That's it.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

My Dad enjoys it FAR too much for me to even like it.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

I enjoyed the first four to an extent. I think the first one has the most charm, and the second was interesting for the variety of levels compared to the first. I did find Chronicles boring though, and haven't played any since then, so I'll probably be giving this game a miss as well.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

If those shorts get any shorter, then I think the age rating for this series is gonna be turned up a notch.
    Apart from that...I...dislike Tomb Raider [/euphemism]
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

As many have said, the first and second were quite fun. Lost me at the third, and I doubt this'll be brilliant. Ah well, we'll see.

And they've really gotten up to 7 now? Damn.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Where do they come up with this stuff??

Im not really a TR fan but its nice to see there going back to there older game style after TR AOD