Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: English voice actors

Default English voice actors

Ok I just have two things to say. If you know the voice actors please tell me, and I really hope that Sephiroth's voice actor is not going to be the same one as in Kingdom Hearts. I believe nobody would be happy watching the credits and seeing the voice actor for Sephiroth is Lance Bass.
    I am Darkstrife, Immortal god of strife and other stuff

sadly

square doesnt care about your opinion.

they like their own. they are in it to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstrife
    I really hope that Sephiroth's voice actor is not going to be the same one as in Kingdom Hearts. I believe nobody would be happy watching the credits and seeing the voice actor for Sephiroth is Lance Bass.
    what was wrong with Lance Bass as a voice actor? gave me one reason with a solid foundation why he was not fit to play Sephorith as a VOICE actor and I will give you an internet hand shake

I haven't even gotten to that part of the game yet in KH. I won't hold it against him that he was part of a girl-pleasing boy-band. Just the stereo type of boy band guys. Can he pull off the brooding badass voice okay? I haven't heard it yet.

I thought he did...with the help of digital voice enhancer/thingys

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Good God this Lance Bass thing is ridiculous. GET OVER IT. If I saw his name on the credits I wouldnt care. I dont care if he was in N'Sync, I dont care that he's an annoying twit. All that matters is his skill as a voice actor.

As for the English VA's, they havent been announced yet, and as I've said before the chances of the Kingdom Hearts voice actors coming back for Advent Children is extremely low. The reason KH had high-priced actors for the voices was Disney's influence and money. Square isnt going to waste money on a straight to DVD/PSP movie, we can expect the usual stock of anime/video game/cartoon voice actors to work on this project.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Justin Timberlake plays Cloud Strife. Confirmed.

Are they even handling the localization? I'm sure there's tons of companies willing to do that for them. Like I said in another thread; considering how much money this is destined to make, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney picked it up themselves, considering what they're doing with Anime (i.e. Studio Ghibli's work.) It'd save Squeenix some money and we'd get quality VA's. Possibly even returns.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I dont see why they wouldnt be handling their own localization, they usually do.

And the voice actors we usually get are fine quality for me. The KH actors werent about quality, they were about star power. Not that they were bad, but they werent put on there because their amazing voice work, by any means.

If Disney was picking it up, I'd assumed they'd have done so by now. They usually get on projects pretty early.

I wasn't insinuating their localization would be inherently bad ^_^ I just think it's a win/win situation. As far as finances go anyway. But I'm sure Square's recovered from The Spirit Within, so they probably don't need the help anymore.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Look what I found out...

(SPOILER)Lance Bass as Sephiroth. Confirmed.
    JC Chasez as Cid. Confirmed.
    Joey Fatone as Vincent. Confirmed.
    Chris Kirkpatrick as Barret. Confirmed.

:rolleyes2 haha

you have GOT to be ****ing kidding me. Timberlake as one of the greatest video game characters of all time? someone needs to be hit in the face with a trout; because even if this is a joke, it is not funny.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

This is always going to cause some upset. I definately built up the characters in my own mind when I played through FFVII, I knew how I wanted them to sound. Square are in a nigh on impossible position- they cant please everyone, they just have to do the best they can. Heck, if the story is good but the voice acting is bad I'll happily try and find a Japanese version with subtitles.
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife48
    Look what I found out...

(SPOILER)Lance Bass as Sephiroth. Confirmed.
    JC Chasez as Cid. Confirmed.
    Joey Fatone as Vincent. Confirmed.
    Chris Kirkpatrick as Barret. Confirmed.

:rolleyes2 haha
    Are you serious? Holy crap
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Please tell me your kidding about Justin Timberlake and all the other actors mentioned so far... I would have nightmares if i saw that in the credits.
    I am Darkstrife, Immortal god of strife and other stuff