Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naming Your Characters

I dont really see how the last post was relevant to the main topic but ok...remember that camping without beer is just sleeping outside.

I always put myself into the Final Fantasy games. It's dorky, I know...but I just love to do it. In the past I have changed names to the names of my best friends. I remember when I did that in Final Fantasy 7 when I named Aeris after my best friend... She isn't my friend anymore, though. She suddenly stopped talking to me for some odd and mysterious reason...

I never name them after famous people...mainly because I don't feel any real connection with anyone famous. It's only fun to do that sort of thing when you feel a connection with another person. Usually, though, I don't change them except for the one character I choose to have my own name.

My first rule when naming is to NEVER put their whole name in uppercase. It bugs me. My second rule is that if somebody could be called "Ed" then i always call them Ed, like Edgar. I called Terra "Moe" because i didnt like her original name. I also named Cyan "Kain" (after the dragoon from FFIV) because i think Cyan is a pretty dumb name.
    Last edited by The Unknown Guru; 06-05-2005 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asura
    I always put myself into the Final Fantasy games. It's dorky, I know...but I just love to do it. In the past I have changed names to the names of my best friends. I remember when I did that in Final Fantasy 7 when I named Aeris after my best friend... She isn't my friend anymore, though. She suddenly stopped talking to me for some odd and mysterious reason...

I never name them after famous people...mainly because I don't feel any real connection with anyone famous. It's only fun to do that sort of thing when you feel a connection with another person. Usually, though, I don't change them except for the one character I choose to have my own name.
    That sucks but i'm guessing it must be cause Aerith died. So since she died she left your life in the game and it might've impacted on your real friend as crazy as it sounds. If you give alot of importance to things that don't really exist it could impact on things you relate them to. Me and my theories...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I name every character Quinas. Oh the hilarity when the group of Quinas went for an adventure.