Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graffiti on the wall of RPGs!

Blog Entries

Default Graffiti on the wall of RPGs!

I just found this by DJzen and it's amazing.
    To give this thread a point... did FFIV ever seem like graffiti on the wall of RPGs?
    Come one people, the game was/ is horrible.

Blog Entries

Well, I didn't play much of the game, but what I DID play I did not like. >_<

Regardless of whether or not you liked the game doesn't make it good or horrible, I quite liked Final Fantasy IV and it will forever be an icon of my childhood. Final Fantasy IV was as technically amazing as any of the titles coming out today in the series for its time. I can still, and do still, play this game from beginning to end and have a lot of fun doing it, graffiti on the wall of RPGs? Maybe, but I quite like graffiti art as well.
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 05-10-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Agreed. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. FFIV was not only a popular game, but it was somewhat revolutionary. Sure, bad graphics, you have to expect that from the time it was put out and such, and you can't be one of the masses who think a game with bad graphics is automatically a bad game. Great gameplay, storyline, characters/development...it's a credit to RPGs.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I love the game, personally. The plot seems a little rushed, but it's very fun to play.

Just a little backstory on that image. I've been known to call Cecil a "boyscout" before, so this picture is meant ironically.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

FFIV was an amazing game. Its hardly 'graffiti' on any prestigous walls... especially compared to some of the horribly implemented RPGs that have come out.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Can anyone else hear that spraycan?

FFIV was one of my first video games, and my first FF, I've played it when I was 4, and still play it. It may not be my favorite FF, but it's still not a bad game, and 'cause it was my first FF, I have respect for it. Without this game I probably wouldn't like video games, and that would be a sad existence.

Maybe I'm stupid,

but I have been staring at that graffiti for a long time, and I STILL don't have a damn clue what that says. The last letter.. kind of looks like a Z.

I have no clue what it says either... so don't feel bad... I didn't try though, only 'cause I knew no matter how hard I looked, I wouldn't be able to read it... Yeah, the last letter is probably a z...

Wait! I figured it out. It says Cecil. That took a large stretch of my mind though.

It does? *looks harder* Well... with very bad spelling...

It's really hard to see.. there are a lot of 'thingies' going out of the letters, and the 'c' is cut off by soe other odd character.. and the E is barely readable, but it's all there. The 'Z' at the end is actually just an L with a 'thingie' sticking out of the back end, and the letter before that looks like a capital 'I'.

It definitely takes some imagination.

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

Oh, I see it now!!!
    Thanks, I was desparately trying to figure it out!
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

This is why I don't like graffitti, mainly because it's usually illegiable to the point of frustration. "Leaving your mark on society" my ass! Who's going to know who did it if you're the only one who can read it?

As for FF4, it ain't so bad. Sure the sprites were ripped straight from the NES FFs, yes the storyline was contrived and rushed, and maybe the battle system wasn't up to the high standards of the previous/proceeding titles, but hey it's got Kain for crying out loud! What more do you want?
    There is no signature here. Move along.