Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So... How I Get Squall on FFVI? xD

Default So... How I Get Squall on FFVI? xD

Well, I get Cloud on FFV, thank you, but... how I get Squall on FFVI?

In the World of Ruin make sure you have all of your characters rescued including Mog, Gogo, and Umaro. Make sure you've killed all of the elemental dragons and have gotten Crusader, you'll also need the Gem Box from the fanatics tower. Make a party with ONLY Umaro and place him at the bottom character slot with sprint shoes on both of his relic slots and then save your game in the square DIRECTLY in front of Zozo and reset the cartridge. Go to delete file and select your Umaro file, go all the way through the process and after confirming it a guy will pop on the right side of your screen and say "Toasty!" Now reset again and you'll see that your Umaro game is still there except Umaro has been replaced with Squall. The only downside of this is that you can never get Umaro back and Squall is permanately stuck with dual Sprint Shoes relics. He makes up for it in full with his Renzokuken command slot which is a lot like Cyan's Quadra slice except it hits about 15 times.

I hear that this was taken out of the later US cartridges but if you got your game soon after it went to stores you should be okay. Good luck!

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    In the World of Ruin make sure you have all of your characters rescued including Mog, Gogo, and Umaro. Make sure you've killed all of the elemental dragons and have gotten Crusader, you'll also need the Gem Box from the fanatics tower. Make a party with ONLY Umaro and place him at the bottom character slot with sprint shoes on both of his relic slots and then save your game in the square DIRECTLY in front of Zozo and reset the cartridge. Go to delete file and select your Umaro file, go all the way through the process and after confirming it a guy will pop on the right side of your screen and say "Toasty!" Now reset again and you'll see that your Umaro game is still there except Umaro has been replaced with Squall. The only downside of this is that you can never get Umaro back and Squall is permanately stuck with dual Sprint Shoes relics. He makes up for it in full with his Renzokuken command slot which is a lot like Cyan's Quadra slice except it hits about 15 times.

I hear that this was taken out of the later US cartridges but if you got your game soon after it went to stores you should be okay. Good luck!
    Whoo-hoo!!! I'm in luck!! I just happen to have an early cartridge. I will so do this when I actually want to play the game again!!
    *sarcasm much*
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

You guys suck xD

Try Zophar.net there might be a hack for a rom there. There is no other way to get Squall then hacking, so try searching the net!

Actually, if you have FFVI Anthologies for PSX, a sprite version of Squall will very randomly and very rarely show up during the main menu.

Yeah ive had Squall come up on my load screen....one time i reset the playstation over 20 times so i could get him to come up again

Is that who that was? I saw him once, I believe, but I think it was before I had played FFVIII, so I didn't know who it was. A couple people I didn't recognize, actually.

How the hell... Does that mean they had FF8 pretty well thought out before they even finished 6? Or was the look just trashed and then brough back up and used in 8?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As I understand it they just sprite-ified Squall when they did up Anthologies. I guess seeing him pop up randomly on the screen makes up for the piss-poor load times.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous

OMG!! IT WORKS!! I JUST TRIED IT! OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    As I understand it they just sprite-ified Squall when they did up Anthologies. I guess seeing him pop up randomly on the screen makes up for the piss-poor load times.
    I MUST SEE SPRITE-IFIED SQUALL. I WILL RESET LOADING SCREEN OVER AND OVER UNTIL I FIND IT.

...IF ANYONE HAS A SCREENSHOT, POST IT NOW, OR... ELSE I'LL...

WASTE MY TIME. :0

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cloud and Sephiroth in FFV

Squall and Onion Swordsman in FFVI

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back on topic though: you CAN have Squall on you're team(!) All you have to do is (SPOILER)Have Leo in you''re party at the end and make sure HE is the on who kills Kefka. After that start again and you'll find squall at the start. Of course you'll have to have (SPOILER)Revide Leo first - but everybody knows how to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Cloud and Sephiroth in FFV

Squall and Onion Swordsman in FFVI

I <3 you, ryukishi

The only one of those I've seen was the Onion knight. I just turned my game on and there he was. I freaked out for a minute because I thought might have been playable. Turned out I was wrong.