Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Friday the 13th

CloudDragon has just informed me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Huzzah! We must celebrate with pagan rituals that cause us to go to Hell and all that fun stuff.

Now something tells me that 80% of people here will post to say that they like Friday the 13th because that's just the kind of rebel-jerkfaces that you antisocial nerds on this message board are (while 15% will go that extra step in "non conformity" to say they don't care about Friday the 13th, another 3% will say they believe Friday the 13th is unlucky, and another 2% will not know that Friday the 13th is supposed to be an unlucky day).

So I ask: Why do you feel the way you do about Friday the 13th? How do you feel about Saturday the 14th?

I like Friday the 13th because I feel like it. I like liking things. Yay!

Fridays are meant to be celebrated regardless. Unless you got some crappy job that day and have to work extra hours. No I don't believe in luck.

Thanks for the sig Blitz Ace!
    Someone wanta challenge me to chess?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like it in non-leap-years when you get a Friday the 13th in both February and March. I also like Friday the 13th because it means the month started on a Sunday and uses the most efficient calendar setup.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've always agreed with the European start of the week as Monday. Yay for secularism!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're so weird, eest.

FF freak has it right on though... Every Friday should be celebrated. Woo hoo for Fridays! TGIF and all that. *does the no-school dance*

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    I've always agreed with the European start of the week as Monday. Yay for secularism!
    That's what I ALWAYS thought, cos' in China where I grew up (hahah I sound like an old man) Monday was called Xingqi Yi which means Week One, and Tuesday was Xingqi Er (Week 2) and etc ^_^ Monday should so be the first day.

I dunno, nothing bad ever happened to me on Friday the 13th. My bf might have been born on Friday the 13th... hmm.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    CloudDragon has just informed me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Huzzah! We must celebrate with pagan rituals that cause us to go to Hell and all that fun stuff.

Okay now I take offense to the Pagan comment because I am Pagan. Nothing we do causes anyone to go to hell, because Paganism was the first offical religion to ever be documented, and some of our rituals Christians practice and say they are their own and to comdemn Pagans. Friday the 13th is just something that old people made up for the fact that in 1578 the had a plague in the east and one friday the 13th they lost the most amount of people. Thats why the call it unlucky to most older people and some cultures they find it a sign of death.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Fayths_Dream/index.php

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was a joke.

I certainly hope it's not unlucky. We're throwing a surprise birthday party for my history teacher tomorrow during his class (we bought a cake and everything), even though his birthday isn't until August. We just want to waste a day of class, so we're going to invade the class with cake and punch.

But yeah, I barely notice Friday the 13th. I must be a nonconformist.

Friday the 13th used to be my lucky day, but that all changed, the year I turned 13 strangely enough. Now it's just another day for me.
    lol signature

A joke or not you have to be careful because someone might take offense when it deals with something they've been shunned for their whole life. I've failed classes because of religious purposes. A teacher of mine made my life hell in British Lit because she was Christian, and made me write a paper on the bible and then when I didn't write it on the positive side of the bible she failed me but yet I still ended up with a high enough grade in her class to make top 5% because I worked twice as hard as everyone else. Just be careful not to try to offend people on accident or not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The day we're really careful not to offend anyone is the day we stop going outside the house. Or online, apparently.

No it's not a matter of removing yourself from the world just thinking how someone else might take something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wish I could put on my good-person face and tell you I care, but I don't. If you're offended by a joke, that's your choice.

I understand Sploddess is new around here and all, but there are just certain things and ways we act around here. If you get offended, tough. Suck it up and dont whine about someones jokes or beliefs from half a world away from you.

If you want to defend your stance of paganism, go to eyes on you forum