Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North American release date confirmed to also be on Sept 14th.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    The lifestream and/or holy was summoned/used specifically to protect mankind. It was attempting to do just that.
    No, Holy's purpose was to protect the Planet, not mankind, and Bugenhagen explicitly stated that if Holy decided that mankind was a threat to the Planet, it would do away with it. So, it was natural for people to suspect that Holy did just that at the end of the game.
    OOC:Yes, but I think Lifestream's purpose was to not only help Holy destroy the Meteor but also to make sure Holy won't kill humanity. After all, Aeris was in the Lifestream, and so were many humans. Which brings another explanation: humans were a part of the Lifestream and a part of the Planet, while Jenova wasn't, so with that logic, Lifestream should only destroy things not born from the Planet, such as Jenova.

A simultaneous release is good to hear, but that news doesn't really have too much impact for us Europeans since there's nothing said about the PAL release, though I'm not surprised about that, really. But since an English release is in about 4 months, has it been announced yet if Square will do an English dubbing and who's going to be voice acting the characters? I'm fine with the original Japanese version and subtitles (I'll use subtitles anyway since it won't be dubbed in Finnish anyway. ), though many people would like an English version as well.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Sephiroth1999AD, there's actually news now that Europe should receive the film on both DVD and UMD by the end of the year:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59067
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Humankind is part of the planet Holy was meant to protect the planet itself not spawn of the planet but Holy wasnt strong enough so Meteor Breached then came lifestream which destroyed Holy and meteor

Holy became corrupted and gave way

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Humankind is part of the planet Holy was meant to protect the planet itself not spawn of the planet but Holy wasnt strong enough so Meteor Breached then came lifestream which destroyed Holy and meteor

Holy became corrupted and gave way
    Holy's color did change and it did open, yes, but the Lifestream converged beneath where Holy had been breached. That flash of light that is subsequently witnessed is the color of Holy and it emenates from the center of Holy (where Meteor was passing through). That would suggest that the Lifestream added more power to Holy and allowed it to negate Meteor.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

yes thats another theory but i would have thought it pushed holy aside and killed both meteor and Holy, it may seem obvious but the ammount of Hypothesisis on this are so great with many sounding true only Square Enix know

LET THE HAMMER FALL

wait a second, it was saposed to be reliesed in march. why the huge back up for both the american and japanese (and other countries) versions? that the hell is the hold up?

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by YukiKiro
    wait a second, it was saposed to be reliesed in march. why the huge back up for both the american and japanese (and other countries) versions? that the hell is the hold up?
    That was one of the old 'estimated release dates', the kind that is heavily subject to change. Estimates often prove to be wrong. March was never confirmed as the definite release date.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is certainly good news. While FFVII isn't my favorite, it's a rather good game and I'll have to put some money aside for this. The animation looks stupendous, and I'm interested to see how it plays out. I hope they have the subtitle option.

Finally. I hope that this does not change.

Do you think a new thread should be made for the news about it being released in Europe by the end of 2005? I would make it but I'm not sure if anyone would post in it. xD

I cannot wait to bask in the scrumtralescent glory that shall be this film.
    Too big.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm going to die waiting for that date to arrive.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Default Long Awaited

Good, better late than never. Inspite of all the info leaks and rampant presumptions, I've had un-answered questions for about the last 8 years. Hopefully this will prove enlightening...
    "Today is Victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men." - Shinmen Musashi 1645

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Update!

News just in:

AC is getting released in the US shortly after the September 14 Japanese release, not simultaneously as reported earlier.

Also, it seems that the PSP UMD release is going to be sometime later still, since a date has not yet been confirmed for that format.

EDIT:
    nevermind..looks like this is true...this is from www.square-enix.com

LOS ANGELES, California –May 15, 2005– Square Enix, Inc. (Square Enix) the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the release date of the highly-anticipated, feature-length CG film, FINAL FANTASY(R) VII ADVENT CHILDREN(TM)(ADVENT CHILDREN). ADVENT CHILDREN will be released on September 14, 2005, in Japan, followed closely by a North American release.
    but never found anything about a SPECIFIC date but seeing how a lot of official sites are confirming these dates...i doubt it'll be a long wait.

ANOTHER EDIT!!!
    ok...looks like the september release date is a definete...the official english site says 117 days...in september something....don't feel like doing math
    Last edited by BackRoomKid; 05-19-2005 at 06:39 AM.