Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Gospel

Default Great Gospel

What is the point of getting the Great Gospel (Aeris' limit skill level 4) (SPOILER)when she's dead by the time you get it?
    Last edited by Seal Evil; 05-13-2005 at 03:48 PM.

Um, spoiler tag anyone? I know everyone should know by now, but still...

Anyway, (SPOILER)you can get it before she dies, you just have to really work at it. It's one of those "isn't really that useful in the long run but if you got it it means you acomplished something" items. A pity, since it would have been good later on.....

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    Um, spoiler tag anyone? I know everyone should know by now, but still...
    Oops. Sorry 'bout that. My excuse is that I'm new. I've edited my post though, & thanks for replying.

You can get it before that. Just go in the Highwind and find a cave near the Junon Harbor. Talk to man and he give you information about how many times you died, battled, or used powerful magic. The first time if he gives you an item it would be a Bolt ring. The second time would be Mirthil. When you get that go to the town that's reactor expoded and look for a house on a pennisula. Go inside and there will be a guy asking for your Mirthil. Give it to him and you get a choice between the upstairs chest or downstairs chest. Choose upstairs. Downstairs would be a Gold Armlet.

Quote Originally Posted by FiragaBreak
    You can get it before that. Just go in the Highwind and find a cave near the Junon Harbor. Talk to man and he give you information about how many times you died, battled, or used powerful magic. The first time if he gives you an item it would be a Bolt ring. The second time would be Mirthil. When you get that go to the town that's reactor expoded and look for a house on a pennisula. Go inside and there will be a guy asking for your Mirthil. Give it to him and you get a choice between the upstairs chest or downstairs chest. Choose upstairs. Downstairs would be a Gold Armlet.
    It's too late to actually apply the Limit manual by the time you get the Highwind. You can, however, get the Mythril as soon as you get the buggy after the initial Gold Saucer visit, since the buggy can be taken into Costa del Sol and over to the original continent. Of course, you can't do anything with the Mythril until the Rocket Town visit, since the weapons maker won't be at his house until after that sequence. You may get the Mythril, by the way, the first time, rather than a Bolt Ring. The man in the cave will give you an item whenever the last two digits of your total battles fought are the same (for example: 277 battles, 66 battles, etc.). Which item you receive is based on whether the total number of battles is odd or even.

Once you've acquired the Tiny Bronco, you can of course go exchange the Mythril for the Great Gospel manual and teach it to Aeris if you learned the preceding Breaks. Interestingly, this is the only Limit manual that can be acquired multiple times, since you can go back and repeatedly obtain the Mythril necessary for the trade.

Thank you for your comments, guys.

while i love ffvii with all my heart (fav game EVER) i think this is wer square fell victim to a flaw - there really isnt any point of goin to all that trouble to get great gospel as aeris jus dies anyway - but in all fairness u can get a bit of use out of it - aeris, i believe, develops her limit breaks quicker than the others so you can get some use out of it - i stil think its pretty pointless but thats jus my oppinion

Also, this forum doesn't mandate that Aeris's death be a spoiler anymore. From what I've heard it's come into discussion quite a bit and considering how old the issue is, and how "shocking", people couldn't keep their mouths shut, so it's easy to just assume most everyone knows about it. So no worries there... even the people that didn't want to know, already know, and it's not because of you. It's like inevitable

That's exactly why I hardly use Aeris, as she isn't alive for very long. She's great with materia, I'll give her that, so I did occasionaly use her in early boss batles. As for the limit break, it is a waste of effort unless you're trying to get the right to say you've gotten all the character's best limit breaks or just that you've gotten Aeris's best. Hehe, I umm, only had hers to Breath of Earth when she died...

I've NEVER gotten psat Seal Evil. That is the ONLY thing I have not done in FF7. Aeris' limits.....

Cid:
    This guy, loves the sky, and only reality is his
    boundry. Quick temper, and a foul mouth, talk
    to him if you wanna hear @$@% every other
    phrase.

What FF7 char are you??
    brought to you by Quizilla

There's was a rumor (or a complete lie) that if you max everyone out (learn all limit breaks, including Aeris') that you could learn Cloud's level + limits. If this was a lie told by the people in this forum, they had no right to make such claims. After all, it is possible to do these things unlike the joke that Meat Puppet told (at least, I think it was Meat Puppet.) He said that if you taught Aeris the Omnislash and fought 1000,000 Sephiroths that you could resurrect Aeris . . . or something like that. That at least was funny.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Outright lie.

And I never bothered to get Great Gospel either. Waste of time for a character I didnt like.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess it gives you something to do that is even more boring than chocobo breeding.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I enjoyed breeding chocobos, and racing them and all that.

Default Great Gospel

Can ya tell me what great gospel looks like please?
    [leeza]Image is over the filesize limit of 50 kbs.[/leeza]