Thread: eat my laser! eat it!

Banned

Default eat my laser! eat it!

this is a thread about many things timesplitters.

fiorst of all r-110. what a great robot especially when he starts comin out with the great one liners - "sorry was that your face" "there's a new sherrif in town" "eat my laser eat! eat it!" i laughed so hard when i first heard him in the second ultra net level. so is r-110 the greatest sidekick ever?

also. do you like timeslplitters humour? the one liners? the gallery with it's descritions? the games? the blowing heads of monkeys? cat racing? spoofing. i love it. sometimes it's really subtle like when crow mutters "rosebud" at the end" to the more obvious quotes from aliens and starship troopers in the first level.

the series as a game has always floored. me. yes they might all suffer from poor stories. but that never bothered me. it was the perfection that everything was done with. the total lack of slow down. the endless things to do and things to beat. the graphics, sound, the gameplay and all it's smoothnes. the map maker. the multiplayer. it's all done to the height of what could be done at the time.

so yeah. is r-110 great? is timesplitters funny? and what is so great about it? (yes this post will be allowed for negative things too)

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Has the third came out? Or is it still 1 and 2?

I rented 1 a long time ago and really liked it. Played through a lot of single player missions (which made no sense but were fun regardless) and did a lot of deathmatch with my friends. Lotta fun.

I might have to pick up the second one sometime soon.

Yeah, I like them. I've got 1 and 2, I'll probably buy 3 when it's a bit cheaper or I have more money, the humor is okay I guess.

Banned

the 3rd one is out until the subtitle, future perfect.

1 had a very poor story mode. it boiled down to a time attack mode. the multiplayer and challanges though were still lots of fun. and even though the story mode wasn't great it was still great fun and trying to get under all those times to get all the secrets that as a joy.

that's what i don't like about the new one. it's sold out in a way. being published by ea. the difficulty is toned down. before it was a true gamers game. it didn't let you off with playing through on easy. it made you play through on easy and then said "want more? then try harder" the new one doesn't do that. it's easier and doesn't force you through hard mode to unlock everything and the challenges are that little bit easier. there are still challenges for some but the hardcore ness of the past isn't there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane
    ". . . Rosebud . . ."
    Where the hell is that from?

"It's a freakin' sled. There. I just saved ya two boobless hours."
    eheheheheh.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

TimeSplitters is great fun, and can often be hilarious, as well. I'm a bit disappointed that they still haven't included the ability to jump, though.

Banned

the rose bud quote is from the end of citizen kain.

I always thought the Rosebud thing was a hint to a sequal-prequal-mincemeatqual. BUt, I guess I was wrong. Damn. Free Radical should make a game similar to timesplitters, with the same engine and stuff like that, and even the mapmaker. I love the mapmaker. And online. Online is awesome. IF you have PS2 online, add me to your buddy list. I'm under the name XalionLotus. And, download my maps. PH33R T3H MAPZ. I have a couple of sniper maps, and the famous-to-me Monster Buggies.

"Eat my primitive projectile. EAT IT!!"