Thread: >> Castlevania SOTN questions. [Spoilers]

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> Castlevania SOTN questions. [Spoilers]

>>> This is my first Castlevania game and WHAT A GAME!

Anyways, after play and beat it with about 194%, there are some questions in my mind, since I know nothing about the previous games and story this ones may sound stupid for the fans.

At the begining you play with Richter belmont and defeat Dracula..
    This is supposed to be the ending of another castlevania game,
    which game is it??
    I`ve heard its Dracula X but Im not sure.

While you are fighting dracula with Richter a little girl appears and restore your HP.
    Is this girl Maria???

If I remember well, Richter said that Alucard fought alongside another Vampire hunter in the past..
    This means there is another Castlevania Game with Alucard on it??..

Was Alucard`s mother human?? and why she was killed by humans??

Why alucard side with humans?
    wait I think I already know this one..

Is Shaft the guy who always try to resurrect dracula or this is his first appearance??

and the final, this game is an RPG right??
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

[q]At the begining you play with Richter belmont and defeat Dracula..
    which game is it??
    I`ve heard its Dracula X but Im not sure.[/q]
    I believe it is Bloodlines. It is one or the other (hell, they could even be the same game, I've never played Bloodlines).

[q]While you are fighting dracula with Richter a little girl appears and restore your HP.
    Is this girl Maria???[/q]
    Hm, I don't know who that is. That sounds about right.

[q]If I remember well, Richter said that Alucard fought alongside another Vampire hunter in the past..
    This means there is another Castlevania Game with Alucard on it??..[/q]
    I know this one. Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse for the NES stars Trevor Belmont (my favorite Belmont) and one of the characters you can get in the game is Alucard. I think you fight apparitions of Trevor and the other two characters you can get (Grant and Sypha) in SotN.

[q]Was Alucard`s mother human?? and why she was killed by humans??[/q]
    She was human and she was killed by humans for loving Dracula. I could be wrong, but that is how I remember it.

[q]Why alucard side with humans?
    wait I think I already know this one..[/q]
    Cause he knows his pop is evil!

[q]Is Shaft the guy who always try to resurrect dracula or this is his first appearance??[/q]
    First that I know of. I think he is just some random evil wizard that is one of Drac's many pawns.

[q]and the final, this game is an RPG right??[/q]
    I would call it an action-RPG, like Secret of Mana.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

1: It is Rondo of Blood: Dracula X, or Castlevania: Dracula X.

2: Yes, that is Maria.

3: Indeed it is Trevor.

4: She was human, but was outcast for loving Dracula and was killed in doing so.

5: (You know the other on so onward) It is the first appearance of Shaft. Normaly Dracula is naturaly resurected every hundred years after death.

6: Action, RPG.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    At the begining you play with Richter belmont and defeat Dracula..
    which game is it??
    I`ve heard its Dracula X but Im not sure.
    It's Akumajô Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, or Demon Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. It's also sometimes called Circle of Blood or Reincarnation of Blood. It was only released for the Japanese PC Engine in 1993. An alternate version was created for the SNES/SFC in 1995, but it was watered down in every way and not nearly as good; it's called Akumajô Dracula XX ("Double X") in Japan, Castlevania: Dracula X in the United States, and Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss in Europe.
    While you are fighting dracula with Richter a little girl appears and restore your HP.
    Is this girl Maria???
    Yes. Rondo of Blood takes place in 1792, five years before Symphony of the Night, so Maria is still a child.
    If I remember well, Richter said that Alucard fought alongside another Vampire hunter in the past..
    This means there is another Castlevania Game with Alucard on it??..
    Yes. Alucard originally appeared in the 1989 NES/FC game Akumajô Densetsu (Demon Castle Legend). It was called Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse in the United States. It starred Ralph C. Belmont (Trevor C. Belmont in the States) and took place in 1476. The game had branching paths, and depending on which branch Ralph took, he would gain the help of one of three characters with whom he could switch places with at any time. If he goes on the branch that leads him to the Catacombs, he'll fight Alucard in a boss fight. After the fight, Alucard agrees to help Ralph fight Dracula. Naturally, his attacks are similar to Dracula's; his basic attack is to pull back his cape and shoot out fireballs, and he can also turn into a bat and fly around, although it consumes hearts over time. In Symphony of the Night, there's a boss fight with Fake Ralph, Fake Grant, and Fake Sypha. Grant Dinesti and Sypha Fernandez were the other two playable characters in Akumajô Densetsu.
    Was Alucard`s mother human?? and why she was killed by humans??
    Yes, Alucard's mother Lisa was a human, but she was killed for associating with Dracula. This event actually became one of Dracula's main motivations in warring against humanity.
    Why alucard side with humans?
    wait I think I already know this one..
    Alucard is a mama's boy. He never forgets Lisa's dying words to his father, "Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot."
    Is Shaft the guy who always try to resurrect dracula or this is his first appearance??
    Shaft's first appearance was in Rondo of Blood, and he only appeared for these two games. He wasn't even in Akumajô Dracula XX.
    and the final, this game is an RPG right??
    It has RPG elements like character statistics and a large inventory of items and equipment, but I'd still classify it as an adventure game.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Wow that explains a lot, thanks..
    I remember Fake Ralph, Fake Grant, and Fake Sypha but I didnt know they were from Castlevania 3.
    Shaft's first appearance was in Rondo of Blood, and he only appeared for these two games. He wasn't even in Akumajô Dracula XX.
    >>> So he didnt appear in the SNES game, its a shame..

Now Im playing a remake of the first Castlevania for the PSX, the main character is Simon Belmont. But this game hard as hell, SOTN is a childs play compared to the old school games.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can find a Rondo of Blood ISO image out there on the Internet and emulate it with a PC Engine emulator. It's perhaps the best traditional Castlevania game.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What was Bloodlines?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That was the Genesis/Mega Drive game. In Europe, since they used to be totally nuts about words like "blood" and "ninja," it was called Castlevania: The New Generation. In Japan, ironically, it was called Vampire Killer--in plain English.

First off... I thought Simon was only in Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. And... one of the gameboy games? I'm probably wrong, because Simon Belmont seems like a set standard somehow... just saying his name. Maybe because it was one of the first ones I played, but it seems more associated than even Trevor Belmont. But anyway, secondly, when did they re-make the games on PSX? O_o;; Are they RE-makes, or ports. And are they any good? Better than the originals? (I'd assume so anyway, being re-made from very basic roots). Might have to hit E-Bay up for this one...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    First off... I thought Simon was only in Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. And... one of the gameboy games? I'm probably wrong, because Simon Belmont seems like a set standard somehow... just saying his name. Maybe because it was one of the first ones I played, but it seems more associated than even Trevor Belmont. But anyway, secondly, when did they re-make the games on PSX? O_o;; Are they RE-makes, or ports. And are they any good? Better than the originals? (I'd assume so anyway, being re-made from very basic roots). Might have to hit E-Bay up for this one...
    >>> My brother got this game for me Castlevania Chronicles, Castlevania fan`s reviews are always fun to read. dont miss them
    Last edited by black orb; 05-17-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

As far as the timeline goes, Simon's only been on two anti-Dracula crusades.

1986/09/26 - Demon Castle Dracula (FDS).................................Castlevania
    1987/08/28 - Demon Castle Dracula II: The Accursed Seal (FDS)...Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

Thing is, though, his first adventure was remade a million times.

1986/10/30 - Demon Castle Dracula (MSX2)...............................Vampire Killer
    1988/02/22 - Demon Castle Dracula (AC)...................................Haunted Castle
    1991/10/31 - Demon Castle Dracula (SFC).................................Super Castlevania IV
    1993/07/23 - Demon Castle Dracula (X68000)

The Sharp X68000 version was never released outside of Japan until it was rereleased on the PlayStation in 2001 with techno-remixed music, a Kojima art gallery, an Igarashi interview, some bad FMV, and new sprites for Simon and Dracula. It was called Castlevania Chronicle: Demon Castle Dracula, or just Castlevania Chronicles in the States.