Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy tech demo for PlayStation 3

Wow, that part towards the end was a surpirise for what I thought was just the intro in real time. Pretty Impressive.
    Word/s.

Articles

I watched it during fourth hour today (because hardware is boring, boring, boring), and I thought it was pretty neat watching a recreation of the opening, but I would have rather it seemed more "gameplay-like" when Cloud jumps off the train, instead of appearing more like a cutscene. I can't explain it.

I'm not complaining, though. It looked pretty nifty.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

The only unfortunate thing about this is that we all know the games won't look nearly that good. Tech demos can be spiffy, but it's rare that subsequently released games look as good. You don't have to worry about things like size limits of the media when you've making something that's 30 seconds long, or having too many sprites on screen when everything that happens is up to people who have their eyes on what the hardware is doing.

I have to say though, the chance to see Heidegger in all his splendor at that level of detail...

Okay, suddenly I'm for a remake of FFVII.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Lavos
    I wish they would have just made a Remake instead of all these Prequals/Sequals.
    Me 2

Amazing trailer, I love it. Man, VII so needs to be remade like this.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clears throat* Okay, now that I'm done...OMG!!!OMFG!!! That looks totally friggin awesome!! I want the PS3 now >.<
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

lol, that's the point of a tech demo Dking'squeen, they want to make you buy it. But yeah... the actual games probably won't look that pretty, at least without having each game span about 2 or more discs, they CAN make a game like that on 1, but it would be short, 'cause it takes a lot of memory.

I only thing that annoyed me about the video was that they avoided Aeris' face, when you can she her face in the actual game. I understand why, but it was still kinda annoying, as I really wanna see her face! XD

The ps3 looks so much better then the X-box 360 to me. But, maybe that's just me not liking mircosoft... or maybe I just think the 360 games don't look as fun as they actually look...

Quote Originally Posted by ISRviper
    FF7 is the best choice for making a tech demo, because it is probably the best selling game for the playstation and it was also one of the games that didn't look the best... but they made it look better than any game that was released till now.
    It was chosen because it's receiving the most attention right now (as Final Fantasy VI was in 1995 when it was used for a Nintendo 64 Tech Demo, and as Final Fantasy VIII was in 2000 when it was used for a PS2 Tech Demo).

As far as it being one of the Final Fantasies that didn't look the best... I'm afraid I don't follow. Looking at any of those that came before it -- with the possible exception of Final Fantasy VI, as its 2D graphics were superb -- it looked worlds better.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

from what it looks like to me, the PS3 is just as powerful as the XBOX 360. I looked at their specs, and most of them are... the same.

That tech demo was pretty awesome. It looked like the movie coming out.. only game form. I read that the processor in the PS3/XBOX 360 is more powerful than anything out today in PCs.

Check out rpgamer.com, they have specs for both systems and everything.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

liked everything until cloud showed up
    what was up with his eyes
    shooting up pure acid on that train or what

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    from what it looks like to me, the PS3 is just as powerful as the XBOX 360. I looked at their specs, and most of them are... the same.

That tech demo was pretty awesome. It looked like the movie coming out.. only game form. I read that the processor in the PS3/XBOX 360 is more powerful than anything out today in PCs.

Check out rpgamer.com, they have specs for both systems and everything.
    The PS3 is more powerful in floating point operations and the graphics processor is faster than the one in the Xbox 360.

By the way, is that a pre-rendered FMV or is that game engine?

That looks real good, I'm impressed.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Looks nice. Wish all the games would actually look like that.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The video was cool and all, but if we're talking ps3 the graphics seemed something out of a ps2

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Those are real-time graphics, not FMV. That's the whole point.