Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy tech demo for PlayStation 3

yeah that's true, maybe there are not going to be any FMV's on the games, or... they'll look better (hope they're staying just like all the FF we've played) :S I'm soo confused!!!

Well it's inevitable. It's only a matter of time before Shrek and it's ilk can be done in real-time. FMVs were just the best way to get those results before. Realistically they're a hassle. In the future, why use them? They're hard to code, and so is a game engine. But the game has to have an engine. And if it looks as good as FMV I'd say just use it. Like a lot of other people I "usually" prefer in-game modeled cut-scenes over pre-rendered anyway. Keeps you from being pulled out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    It was chosen because it's receiving the most attention right now (as Final Fantasy VI was in 1995 when it was used for a Nintendo 64 Tech Demo, and as Final Fantasy VIII was in 2000 when it was used for a PS2 Tech Demo).
    *agrees*

But it is stunning! Other than rewatching it again and again, i find myself wishing for an FF7 remake. And while they're at it I'd love a ff8 remake^^, or one of FF6 ^^ heck, remake madness if I could choose. I fear SE won't not be so inclined to oblige though^^' pity...Ah well, we'll keep hoping.

Where quality is concerned, the ps2 tech demo did not push the machine to its limits. Not at all when looking at the FFX graphics. Or those of FFXII for that matter. So I assume that things will be even looking better once SE gets the hang of the new thing. (I just hope they don't leave the ps, as I would *hate* to get an Xbox... )

[EDIT] I still prefer FMV over ingame graphs though...One of the reasons, being the AMV -one stated above, but mostly I just love them^^[/EDIT]

On a side note; Gullwing I find your sig very pretty ^^
    DMKA, yours is scary though ^^"
    Last edited by Rinoa Heartilly; 05-19-2005 at 07:34 PM.
    忘れないように。。。

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

man i cant believe they wont remake it! everyone hassle square to remake it!!! it would be sooooo good!

Due to the fact that everybody is freakin out, that vid. was pretty damn good. Sadly, I'm running on 56k and can't really watch it . So, I plan to sneak into the computer lab tomorrow in school, and watch it in there. (Or I could just do it before school, and not have to sneak...) But anyway...I gotta see it!

Many, MANY, thanks go out to Sphere for this great sig!

I have to say that the video was absolutely amazing. I'd love to get the PS3, but don't think I will until they start releasing Final Fantasy games on it. Of course they did say that they would, but with FFXII still to be released it might be a while before we see anything.

As to a remake of FFVII? It would be nice to see in the advanced graphics of the PS3, but I personally don't see a need for it. I'd rather see something new than a remake of something old.
    Jason

Oh I love that trailer. Its beautiful. Its a big fat burn too FFVII fanboys everywhere. If theyd only remake it.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suppose there really is no project for remaking FF VII right now.
    But maybe, if Advent Children goes really really really well...who knows...requests are so many after all...

Although square-enix seem pretty resolved not the remake FFVII I think it is a very big mistake since remaking that game is a veritable goldmine for that company.

However, I don't think we should give up hope just yet. If you recall once of the tech demos for the gamecube was the Link and Ganon fight scene and look what's happening now! They are bringing out a new legend of zelda game with graphics exactly the same.

If there is enough demand they should have enough sense to make it.

But as it has been said if the compilation goes as well as square-enix hopes perhaps they will consider it.

There is a huge differance between making another game with different story but the same graphics, and making a remake of a game with just different graphics.

I was thinking how funny and cool it would look when Cloud is rideing on barrets arm when the plate is collapsing, and when Cloud gets to dressup as a girl (all those extra items you can take to make cloud look better don't seem like a bad idea with new graphics).
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://media.spikedhumor.com/3160/bush_worstdisaster.jpg[/IMG]-->Sig removed for being over the 250 pixel height limit.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ISRviper
    There is a huge differance between making another game with different story but the same graphics, and making a remake of a game with just different graphics.
    ehmm who are you responding too?

they may make it but square would have to be done with all the other games they are going to make. Very doughtful though
    :shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::
    :shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:
    SHOOT EMM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Totally. Anyone able to download that?
    And send me a copy? I'm having some trouble watching it.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I finally was able to download it from gamestpot.com.

Ok... so first things first... that was just great. Something seemed weird about Cloud's face though (could just be me though). Anyway, the admins at EoFF weere right, just keep sending emails to Square(Soft). As far as it goes for me, they're still squaresoft, and if we take a look at they're games, you can see that some things arent' what they seem to be at first glance. I don't think square would actually risk getting started with a remake of FFVII, even if it was the greatest video game ever made. Maybe they just made this tech demo to see how everyone would react to the idea of a possible remake. I know square had most of it's games made primary on the ps but beyond the presentation to exploit the full powers of the ps 3 console, i think there's something underneath this "presentation", something we have not yet begun to see and that's gonna send us flying high. I don't know, maybe we should just expect the unexpected.
    "Will you be alright on your own ?" Matron quietlly asks Squall.
    "Yes..." Squall sais as he makes a final Balamb Garden salute. Matron fades away in the growing light.
    "...Because I'm not alone. If I call out... they will answer"
    Light drowns down the room...