Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy tech demo for PlayStation 3

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

not to mention that people do change their minds, but yes, everyone is right to an extent and wrong to an extent, same goes for me.....*sees a paradox developing and goes crazy*

My reply is a little bit late but Final Fantasy VII will eventually be remade into the next-generation gaming console. But, it might be a long before Square decides to do it because they already have things on their hands. But, eventually every Final Fantasy that Square made will be remade no matter who many times it had been remaded because people want video games to look even more and more realistic.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by EMG Rumor Mill
    Put away the kleenex, people; I've got it on very, very good authority that the company is indeed bringing a visually updated version of FFVII to PS3.
    Interesting, to say the least.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

looks good hope it goes ahead

link to FFVIII tech demo plz?

LET THE HAMMER FALL

There making it. they use the movies and spin offs to set a make us remember the game and gain as much attention and anticipation for it before they release it. There is no way they would recreate the first fmv of the game without creating the game. besides thats not the extent of the PS3'S power have any of you seen the tekken images
    Every time I step in, Destiny homes in on the smell of blood and gun smoke...Archangel

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah you're right, they're totally making it, despite saying point blank that they arent.

And yes, you're right, there's no way they'd recreate an FMV of any game without remaking it, despite having already done so with VI and VIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel10
    There making it. they use the movies and spin offs to set a make us remember the game and gain as much attention and anticipation for it before they release it. There is no way they would recreate the first fmv of the game without creating the game. besides thats not the extent of the PS3'S power have any of you seen the tekken images
    I swore I responded to this last night... oh well, I guess I forgot to hit "Submit Reply."

1) You have no evidence that it is being remade.

2) They recreated the ballroom scene from Final Fantasy VIII for the PS2, but it was merely a Tech Demo as this was, and Final Fantasy VIII has not been remade.

3) Yoshinori Kitase has already stated that the Tech Demo was a rush-job. They had about one month and a half to put together a demo from the PS3's hardware after they received it.

In any event, I fail to see what your point here was as "They weren't even trying" hardly suggests "Remake City!" In any event, like I said, they received the hardware with only a short amount of time to go.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Hey do you have a link to the ff8 tech demo? I haven't seen it before.

Man, my hopes were up for a FF7 remake. *sighs*

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar Pluto Knight VII
    Yes, that's what I heard. PSX's and PS2's were designed to have limited lifespans (probably b/c of the laser, as my PSX's laser what was died) so as to sell more units. This is unlike my NES and Super NES, which still work to this day. My N64 I recently found out doesn't work, probably b/c I hadn't played it in like 7 years.
    Dude i fixed my Ps2 and psx by self and they now work fine. I'll tell you how to fix it just pm me. The laser took 10 min. to repair.

I liked the tech demo, and as a tech demo it was fine. However, I would not like the whole game remade like that. Why? It lost it's style, I loved they way that Could was modelled in KH, and in my opinion, that is how he should look if they were to remake the game. It's they way that he was supposed to look when FFVII was originally done (go look at all the manual art if you've forgotten). I don't see the need to change it so that he, Tifa, Barrett, etc. all look like regular ppl (to certain extent), we all know square's has the ability to do wonderfull graphics and make ppl look really good but to do that to the characters in the game just seems to me to be a disservice to the original.

i read this in a game magazine at the houston airport on wednesday... at first i was like.. "wait.. ff7 remake? noo.... couldn't be!" but we had to go soon and i didn't have any cash on me so i didn't get to read the rest of the article.. love the graphics though. i'm planning on buying me a ps3!!
    What's a jellicle cat?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

they should remake FF7 instead of all these friggin sequels Crisis core and Before crisis have no point what so ever AC and DOC i can understand but after DOC it should be it

square enix would make a hell of alot more money by remaking it

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    they should remake FF7 instead of all these friggin sequels Crisis core and Before crisis have no point what so ever AC and DOC i can understand but after DOC it should be it

square enix would make a hell of alot more money by remaking it
    yeah they would, I bet the vast majority of people that bought and played FF7 would buy that remake.

Default Erm..

Did somebody post on this yet or...?

There's actually been some discussion that Squeenix will invest some time into a remake.
    AdventChildren.net
    Scroll down to "More Hints at PS3 FFVII Remake."

Since Squeenix has noticed "feverishly positive" fan responses, Gamespot.com said it really "wasn't a matter of if but when." They're not going to be working on it for some time, but the chances of it happening have increased exponentially.

How about a giant YAY!!!!!

"Where's my phone salesman at?"